Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

what after the tra?

what after the tra?

Old Aug 24th 2006, 7:31 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute
Default what after the tra?

we got confirmation of our tra today.what should we do now ,put everything we own up for sale or not?

we are quite prepared to move into rented accommodation,so whats stopping us?

we would greatly appreciate your views.

with thanks Aston

jeez I'm going to get peed tonight
Old Aug 24th 2006, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

pazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to all
Default Re: what after the tra?

Originally Posted by aston man
we got confirmation of our tra today.what should we do now ,put everything we own up for sale or not?

with thanks Aston

Hi Aston,

i'm a brickie myself, where are you heading for once you get sorted ?
Old Aug 24th 2006, 7:38 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pazza
Hi Aston,

i'm a brickie myself, where are you heading for once you get sorted ?
perth with a bit of luck
Old Aug 24th 2006, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

pazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to all

perth with a bit of luck
It seems most of the brickies i've spoken to opt for Perth.
I went to Gold Coast in January, and there was a good few sites going on in Queensland, but you've probably heard about the fart on with getting a licence and stuff for different trades. I'm not sure if the same applies for Perth.

Steve.
Old Aug 24th 2006, 8:55 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

with thanks Aston

congrats on the TRA get the visa app in
Old Aug 24th 2006, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

simpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud of

with thanks Aston

Hi Aston man, we put our house on the market prior to sending off to TRA as we wanted one less thing to worry about, besides which, houses were selling really slowly in our area. We got word back sept last year from TRA and we sold our house in May this year. We are currently in rented and going for meds next week.
It all depends on how quick you want to get to OZ, have a look at how quick houses are selling in your area to give you some idea as to when you should market yours. Most people advise not to sell before getting your visa's... just incase, but we didn't like where we where anyway, so even if the visa did fall through, we wanted to move from there anyhow.
Don't forget though, most lettings are for 6months contract.
Some friends of ours waited until they had their visa's before putting there house on the market and they waited nearly 11 months before it sold, so they were preparing to go on a rekkie of OZ to get visa's validated but luckily the house sold and then they were off, with 1 month to spare.

Regards, simpy
Old Aug 25th 2006, 3:38 am
Banned

Originally Posted by possoms
congrats on the TRA get the visa app in
thanks possoms,
Old Aug 25th 2006, 3:42 am
Banned

Originally Posted by simpy
Hi Aston man, we put our house on the market prior to sending off to TRA as we wanted one less thing to worry about, besides which, houses were selling really slowly in our area. We got word back sept last year from TRA and we sold our house in May this year. We are currently in rented and going for meds next week.
It all depends on how quick you want to get to OZ, have a look at how quick houses are selling in your area to give you some idea as to when you should market yours. Most people advise not to sell before getting your visa's... just incase, but we didn't like where we where anyway, so even if the visa did fall through, we wanted to move from there anyhow.
Don't forget though, most lettings are for 6months contract.
Some friends of ours waited until they had their visa's before putting there house on the market and they waited nearly 11 months before it sold, so they were preparing to go on a rekkie of OZ to get visa's validated but luckily the house sold and then they were off, with 1 month to spare.

Regards, simpy

thanks simpy,same as ,we are moving whatever and as we have so much to sell i would of thought it will take the best part of a year.

so on the market the house goes.

with thanks ,

aston

Last edited by aston man; Aug 25th 2006 at 5:41 am.
Old Aug 25th 2006, 4:02 am
Forum Regular

simpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud of

thanks simpy,same as ,we are moving whatever and as we have so much to sell i would of thought it will take the best part of a year.

so on the market the house goes goes.

with thanks ,

aston

No probs m8, good luck with everything and hope the sale goes quickly.

Regards, Simpy
Old Aug 25th 2006, 8:50 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

so on the market the house goes.

with thanks ,

aston
yes forgot to mention the house, ours has been on the market for 15 months now. So if you are sure there will be no hiccups in getting your visa, no medical or police check obstacles etc get it on the market.

Good luck
Old Aug 25th 2006, 3:15 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by possoms
yes forgot to mention the house, ours has been on the market for 15 months now. So if you are sure there will be no hiccups in getting your visa, no medical or police check obstacles etc get it on the market.

Good luck
thank you,its going up next week.
Old Aug 25th 2006, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

no longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to all

thank you,its going up next week.

hi aston man

how long did your TRA take to come back, we sent our off on the 10th aug, got letter to say they had received it on the 21st, we are in the same position of not being sure wether to sell now or wait i mean how long will the visa take to come back.........................