Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

what is adelaide like

what is adelaide like

Old Feb 5th 2009, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

milly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to all
Default Re: what is adelaide like

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b
crikey the old Adelaide is crap debate. Well if people dont like it im sure there plenty of planes leaving adelaide airport every day.

Adelaide isnt for everyone but then neither is Melbourne, sydney, darwin,perth or cairns. Id say come here and give it try, but be prepared to get out and find things of interest to do as they wont come to you.

good luck whatever you decide
You have a pal
Old Feb 5th 2009, 2:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Why are so many people hell bent on argueing the odds over where is better or whatever?Surely people's decisions to move somewhere is purely personal choice right?I've lived in a lot of places,both in SA and in Great Britain.Some I really liked,others I did'nt (OH was a relief farmer so we moved alot).Sometimes poms ask me if for example if I miss the beaches of SA?They are surprised when I tell them No,not because the beaches are crap,but because I'm not by nature a beach lover!Just because someone has a different opinion does'nt mean its wrong!There are places in Gt Britain I would hate to live,also places in Adelaide I would hate to live but other people might truly love those places!Sprintman:I too,love India,but as far as I'm aware you can't live there unless you own/run a business?Is that correct?
Old Feb 5th 2009, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

_debs_ is just really nice_debs_ is just really nice_debs_ is just really nice_debs_ is just really nice_debs_ is just really nice_debs_ is just really nice_debs_ is just really nice_debs_ is just really nice_debs_ is just really nice_debs_ is just really nice

Sounds to me that you are VERY bitter about your life in Oz do you use this forum to express your detest and hate to make yourself feel better, or try to confirm to yourself that you did the right thing???

Maybe you should put it all down to experience and stop harbouring such hatred towards Adelaide you must find it so draining! [/QUOTE]

No, i never used the words bitter and hate - I think they are very harsh words to use.

I know I did the right thing.

Why is it that when someone states that they did not like living somewhere there are others like you who misinterpret that as something else, and they twist their words, making out they mean the opposit. If you said to me I dont like living in London, I would think, well fair enough, each to their own, not try and make out you really do like living in London. (or convince you otherwise) !!!!!! I had some laughs in Adelaide, and other parts of Australia, I enjoyed the experience, but I am damn glad to be back home in England. My words, not yours and I stick by them!

These forums are here for people to discuss and debate not to put words into other people's mouths.

Enough is enough - for those who are thinking of Adelaide, like I said before good luck give it a try, and if you dont like it then so be it! When people ask me what do I think of Adelaide like the title of this thread I tell them the truth, that is how I saw it.

Im outta here
Old Feb 5th 2009, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

debs:I agree with you totally!I moved back to the UK a few years back and love living here,and I don't understand why that is so ususual!!! Yet if you say anything negative about Adelaide (or Australia)people jump down your throat!You don't have to love Australia!!!!! Not everyone loves beaches and hot weather,just the same as not everyone loves the snow!(I do!!!)I think it depends alot where you live in the UK and Oz.For example I know people living in suburbs in Adelaide that hate the death out of it,I also know people who live in my home town where I now live that also hate the death out of it!But anyway I do love where I live and I'm sure there are poms in Oz that also love where they live,each to their own!I know where you're coming from though Debs xx
Old Feb 5th 2009, 5:08 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/forum/newre...eply&p=7234063
The original post by "sprintman" is what has caused all the ruckus........ a flat statement with NO substance, if your gonna diss a place at least have the "balls" to back it up, with a little information as to why you dont like it.
People come on forums to gather imformation, SOME people come on to wind people up.....i think sprintman is a Troll............mm
Old Feb 5th 2009, 7:52 pm
Banned

sprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant future

Luivinginreality that's a very good question. Really havn't looked into it that deeply but your probably correct.
Old Feb 5th 2009, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

The original post by "sprintman" is what has caused all the ruckus........ a flat statement with NO substance, if your gonna diss a place at least have the "balls" to back it up, with a little information as to why you dont like it.
Yes, but sometimes a place can be good on paper and just "feels" wrong, I just don't get why people are so upset by it, we are talking about a city*, not calling your dad a pikey wino!

*large country town
Old Feb 5th 2009, 9:29 pm
Banned

sprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant future

Thank you. I hope you enjoy your move to Sydney....s
Old Feb 5th 2009, 10:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
Yes, but sometimes a place can be good on paper and just "feels" wrong, I just don't get why people are so upset by it, we are talking about a city*, not calling your dad a pikey wino!

*large country town
You calling my dad a pikey?
Jacqui
Old Feb 5th 2009, 11:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

Are you disrespecting me???!!!
Old Feb 6th 2009, 4:39 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
Are you disrespecting me???!!!
You callin' my family wino's?
Old Feb 6th 2009, 5:47 am
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by s/nurse
You callin' my family wino's?
Eh !!

Eh !!

Calm down eh!!

Old Feb 6th 2009, 5:50 am
A Returning Member!!

Sham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b
crikey the old Adelaide is crap debate. Well if people dont like it im sure there plenty of planes leaving adelaide airport every day.

Adelaide isnt for everyone but then neither is Melbourne, sydney, darwin,perth or cairns. Id say come here and give it try, but be prepared to get out and find things of interest to do as they wont come to you.

good luck whatever you decide

With you all the way on this one!
Old Feb 6th 2009, 6:25 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Flamewar over.

Cooler
Old Feb 7th 2009, 5:56 am
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Adelaide is HEAPS GOOD !! and i love it here, we have by no means had an easy ride whilst we have been here but the place still makes me feel all warm inside.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.