Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

what is adelaide like

what is adelaide like

Old Feb 5th 2009, 3:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Mipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud of
Default Re: what is adelaide like

Originally Posted by s/nurse
I am with you on this one. But I would not hesitate to move elsewhere if circumstances dictate.
Jacqui
So would I.
I have been moving around for almost 20 years, another move would not be hard.

But there would have to be a very, very good reason to move out of Adelaide.
Old Feb 5th 2009, 3:39 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mipik
So would I.
I have been moving around for almost 20 years, another move would not be hard.

But there would have to be a very, very good reason to move out of Adelaide.
We very nearly moved late last year, great to be staying but who kmows
Old Feb 5th 2009, 4:47 am
Banned

sprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant future

Possibly but probably not. I've lived in enough countries and places and know that moving that many times becomes a pain. Went to 14 primary schools in different countries and places at one point in 2 1/2 years. Wife keen on Devon or Cornwall for a while. Who knows as India impressed me a lot.
Old Feb 5th 2009, 5:51 am
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

crikey the old Adelaide is crap debate. Well if people dont like it im sure there plenty of planes leaving adelaide airport every day.

Adelaide isnt for everyone but then neither is Melbourne, sydney, darwin,perth or cairns. Id say come here and give it try, but be prepared to get out and find things of interest to do as they wont come to you.

good luck whatever you decide
Old Feb 5th 2009, 6:50 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b
crikey the old Adelaide is crap debate. Well if people dont like it im sure there plenty of planes leaving adelaide airport every day.

Adelaide isnt for everyone but then neither is Melbourne, sydney, darwin,perth or cairns. Id say come here and give it try, but be prepared to get out and find things of interest to do as they wont come to you.

good luck whatever you decide
Well said
Old Feb 5th 2009, 7:42 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sprintman
Possibly but probably not. I've lived in enough countries and places and know that moving that many times becomes a pain. Went to 14 primary schools in different countries and places at one point in 2 1/2 years. Wife keen on Devon or Cornwall for a while. Who knows as India impressed me a lot.
Your an idiot ,p**s off,.........when you learn to formulate a decent response to peoples posts come back .........mm
Old Feb 5th 2009, 7:48 am
Banned

sprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant future

Mover who has been nowhere is the only idiot on this forum. What a loser but then I guess you live in Sadelaide. Enough said
Old Feb 5th 2009, 9:23 am
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Mover who has been nowhere is the only idiot on this forum. What a loser but then I guess you live in Sadelaide. Enough said
Tell you what guys i have seen some crap posted on forums in my day but this Sprintman has certainly got my roses growing Heaps Good keep it up man and i will have a lush garden and it will save me a fortune in Manure !!!

You didnt like it, get over it !!!

doesnt mean evryone will think its not for them....i am sure people can make up there own minds......just like we can decide on whom we like and whom we dnt
Old Feb 5th 2009, 9:33 am
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Haha you going somewhere?

You dnt seem to have anything really constructive to say.....and your vocabulary seems awfully poor......SA better without some people.

Last edited by Dorothy; Feb 5th 2009 at 10:36 am. Reason: quote removed
Old Feb 5th 2009, 9:39 am
Banned

Just glad you are stayling in Sadelaide. Where exactly have you lived in the world?
Old Feb 5th 2009, 9:45 am
Loving it in SA

Just glad you are stayling in Sadelaide. Where exactly have you lived in the world?
and whats that got to do with the price of a Farmers Union Iced Coffee?
Old Feb 5th 2009, 9:51 am
Banned

Go home, go to bed, and get up tomorrow and think about where you are going to live next? Oh and I like the way you didn't tell the forum where you have lived before. I get the feeling you have not lived in many places, again prove me wrong?
Old Feb 5th 2009, 9:53 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Cut out the abuse. Its not funny, its not clever and its not necessary.
If the thread continues in this fashion it will be closed and the offending member(s) may be banned.
Old Feb 5th 2009, 10:02 am
Loving it in SA

Go home, go to bed, and get up tomorrow and think about where you are going to live next? Oh and I like the way you didn't tell the forum where you have lived before. I get the feeling you have not lived in many places, again prove me wrong?
What should living in many places have to do with anything?

I live where i live now, and to me its a very nice place that ticks all of my families boxes, never say never but for the very foreseeable future this is where we are going to be staying.

well said Pollyanna, people come on here for help, info and advice not to be abused, insulted and put down for having individual views, opinions and feelings.
Old Feb 5th 2009, 12:37 pm
A Returning Member!!

Sham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by _debs_
All the very best to you. Getting up to sunshine in Britain most days, you're very lucky.

I know I am, plus the sun is out again today - another lovely Feb day! Blue skies, you would never believe we get that here in the UK do you? Awww well, if thats how you convince yourself its better in Adelaide, i'll leave ya to it.

I am Australian-born, and have many Australian family members. Nobody I know can understand why these two destinations are so popular with people from Britain.They are at the bottom of most Australians' lists of places they would want to be.

Very true, when we returned to the Uk last year my brother in law who is Australian said he couldnt understand why on earth we chose Adelaide!

Kangaroo island ,one of the only places in the world ,that has not changed in 40,000 years Yup that just about sums up South Australia for me![/QUOTE]

Sounds to me that you are VERY bitter about your life in Oz do you use this forum to express your detest and hate to make yourself feel better, or try to confirm to yourself that you did the right thing???

Maybe you should put it all down to experience and stop harbouring such hatred towards Adelaide you must find it so draining!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.