Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What address? Shipping Question

What address? Shipping Question

Old May 3rd 2004, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

helenmaine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What address? Shipping Question

I'm just getting round to organising shipping and I was wondering what address people gave to the shipping company for delivery in Oz, given that this is mostly unknown at the time of leaving.

Is there an opportunity to give the company your new address once you have a found a rental place? I'm sure this ia quite a common scenario, but I would be happy to hear from those of you who have done it, We are moving from the States, but I'm assuming that it works the same over here.

Cheers,
Old May 3rd 2004, 3:58 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What address? Shipping Question

Originally posted by helenmaine
I'm just getting round to organising shipping and I was wondering what address people gave to the shipping company for delivery in Oz, given that this is mostly unknown at the time of leaving.

Is there an opportunity to give the company your new address once you have a found a rental place? I'm sure this ia quite a common scenario, but I would be happy to hear from those of you who have done it, We are moving from the States, but I'm assuming that it works the same over here.

Cheers,
I think you can arrange for stuff to be delivered to your nearest port where it will be put into storage until you have an address.
It will take several weeks anyway.

G
Old May 3rd 2004, 7:40 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by helenmaine

Cheers,
I asked this quesion of Excess Baggage and they said yes you can do that but you must also give them a 'permanent' contact address for any correspondence. I thought we could give a family member's address in the UK for this.
Old May 3rd 2004, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

Dilly's is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep! We asked PSS what address they wanted. They said its purely for correspondence and we gave a relatives address in Oz. They were made aware that a full address for destination of contents would be given at a later date and that storage would be needed.

Good Luck

Paul
Old May 3rd 2004, 11:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

young_lad is an unknown quantity at this point

We were unable to provide addresses in Oz as we have no family here. I kept in touch with my shippers (John Mason) by email. Our stuff was delivered 10 days after arrival in port.

Last edited by young_lad; May 3rd 2004 at 11:03 pm.