Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What about Adelaide?

What about Adelaide?

Old Mar 23rd 2006, 10:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute
Default What about Adelaide?

We are moving to Adelaide, hopefully everything cross end of July/August.
I seems to know so much about other places in Aus, but hardly anybody mention, any things about Adelaide.
so we love to hear all the nice thing about Adelaide, or even not so nice thing.

farideh
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 10:32 pm
Nothing is Free!

Location: Seacliff Park, Adelaide. Call in for a drink and a bbq if your passin'
Rachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: What about Adelaide?

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
We are moving to Adelaide, hopefully everything cross end of July/August.
I seems to know so much about other places in Aus, but hardly anybody mention, any things about Adelaide.
so we love to hear all the nice thing about Adelaide, or even not so nice thing.

farideh
Its the best place in the whole wide world. We will be going there this year.
The beaches are empty, beautiful white sand. Loads of places to eat and drink, people are sooooooooooooo friendly and always have time to talk to you.
It does however have not so good parts, but its the same everywhere.
The first night we arrived in adelaide we stayed in a backpackers hostel, with a bar downstairs, everyone was so welcoming, buying us drinks etc.
I love it in Adelaide.
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 10:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rachel & Paul
Its the best place in the whole wide world. We will be going there this year.
The beaches are empty, beautiful white sand. Loads of places to eat and drink, people are sooooooooooooo friendly and always have time to talk to you.
It does however have not so good parts, but its the same everywhere.
The first night we arrived in adelaide we stayed in a backpackers hostel, with a bar downstairs, everyone was so welcoming, buying us drinks etc.
I love it in Adelaide.
thanks for the reply, you put big smile on my face, looking forward to the move even more.
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 11:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of light

If your deffinately going there you must join the Adelaidebrits web site :

http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaidebrits/index.php?

All the best

Tracey
thanks for the reply, you put big smile on my face, looking forward to the move even more.
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 11:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Ozzy dog
If your deffinately going there you must join the Adelaidebrits web site :

http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaidebrits/index.php?

All the best

Tracey
thanks tracey, cant wait to get there.
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 11:35 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

thanks tracey, cant wait to get there.
I've never been but I have heard the German bits in the hills are very nice.

I've also heard it's full of bogans and all the folk with get up and go have got up and left - to Melbourne.
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 11:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by renth
I've never been but I have heard the German bits in the hills are very nice.

I've also heard it's full of bogans and all the folk with get up and go have got up and left - to Melbourne.

Spot on

Too old, quiet for us, we are heading to Perth soon, been in Adelaide for a year, nice place to retire but just a bit boring

Visited Perth and loved it.
Di
Old Mar 24th 2006, 1:25 am
Sye
Forum Regular

Sye will become famous soon enoughSye will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by harveyhare
Spot on

Too old, quiet for us, we are heading to Perth soon, been in Adelaide for a year, nice place to retire but just a bit boring

Visited Perth and loved it.
Di
Yes, I agree

Its a bit in comparison to elsewhere here.

Were not jumpin ship yet tho!.. staying for a while, OH doing really well in his Job, so were checking out the other places, a/r been to Perth, Syd, Melbourne, so Brissie next on the list..

Dont get me wrong, it is a "nice" place, but not a lot going on im afraid. The families with young kids tend to like it the most.

Karen
Old Mar 24th 2006, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Talking Re: What about Adelaide?

Originally Posted by Sye
Yes, I agree

Its a bit in comparison to elsewhere here.

Were not jumpin ship yet tho!.. staying for a while, OH doing really well in his Job, so were checking out the other places, a/r been to Perth, Syd, Melbourne, so Brissie next on the list..

Dont get me wrong, it is a "nice" place, but not a lot going on im afraid. The families with young kids tend to like it the most.

Karen

Now that I've heard all the nice things about Adelaide, being boring, not a lot happens there, a lot golden oldies out there.
I like to hear something bad about the place,
Old Mar 25th 2006, 1:02 am
Can't re member

welshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nice

Now that I've heard all the nice things about Adelaide, being boring, not a lot happens there, a lot golden oldies out there.
All the noisy people seem to want to live in other states
Old Mar 25th 2006, 7:17 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

It can get pretty cold and wet in the winter.

G
Old Mar 25th 2006, 7:22 am
Nothing is Free!

Location: Seacliff Park, Adelaide. Call in for a drink and a bbq if your passin'
Rachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Grayling
It can get pretty cold and wet in the winter.

G
As can Melbourne.

Paul
Old Mar 25th 2006, 7:27 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Adelaide is spacious, green, no high rises, lots of fountains and art scattered through the city. It has great coffee places and I went out every night when I lived there to a different place. It's got a great botanical gardens, and the parks are a joy.
I really enjoyed being up in the hills and checking out the wildlife ... the koalas were lovely in their own environment, rather than some park somewhere.
Lots to do and see. So what if it's got a slower quieter pace?
That's an advantage if you ask me.
Old Mar 25th 2006, 7:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
Adelaide is spacious, green, no high rises, lots of fountains and art scattered through the city. It has great coffee places and I went out every night when I lived there to a different place. It's got a great botanical gardens, and the parks are a joy.
I really enjoyed being up in the hills and checking out the wildlife ... the koalas were lovely in their own environment, rather than some park somewhere.

Yep, We're going for the slower pace of life and everything else you've just described and more
Old Mar 25th 2006, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by iPom
that's one the reason we picked Adelaide, for its laid back, slower quieter pace.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.