Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

what? 6 months and still no ute!!!?

Wikiposts

what? 6 months and still no ute!!!?

Old Mar 23rd 2005, 10:13 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all
Default Re: what? 6 months and still no ute!!!?

Originally Posted by Hels
Ahhhhhhhhhh....bless!!! How sweet is that story???

I have a few invoices for "services rendered" that I need to forward on to you at some stage now that it seems you are doing so well for yourself and all.... Oh and by the way......Told ya so!!!

Glad to hear things are still going well. Hopefully will have the lappy up and running again sometime soon. Miss our chats....

~hugs 'n' stuff~

Hels
xxx
i was starting to wonder how long it takes to fix a laptop....

Don't worry though i'm sure any outstanding invoices you have to send to me will counter balance all the oustanding invoices i have to send to you for the technical support....... :P

*hugs ya back*! miss em too!

xx
Old Apr 24th 2005, 1:30 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all
Cool Re: what? 6 months and still no ute!!!?

Well i thought i'd better finish off my story as the last big milestones have now been met or at least are well on the way. i'm now looking forward to a very interesting future which i'm please to say has fallen in to place very easily for me. well ok pretty easily, i'm just one of the lucky ones i guess (for the first time in my life!). It has been easier for me being alone here in auz than it would have been if i'd had a wife and kids in tow. Anyway,...

My folks have come and gone. i never thought 3.5 weeks would go so fast, but it did. they left knowing i'm happy, and taking good care of myself (plus m'sheila is helping there too). They got on really well with tammy (oops m'sheila) and they loved canberra. My dad is already planning his next trip and my sister now wants to apply for her visa too.... the jarvis invasion has begun!

Me and m'sheila are still together and very happy too. We had this big plan that once i started this contract position in august we would seriously think about looking for a house together as i'm practically living at her's already anyway.

However things changed slightly when the 12 month contract turned in to a permanent position with a request for an immediate start. so i'm now the production manager of a busy graphic design studio, but more importantly with regular decent money coming in to my bank account instead of leaving it!

We made the fatal mistake of going to look at a few properties yesterday, just as an idea of what to expect for when we seriously started looking. Well we saw a place, fell in love with it and put an offer in. i know i know, but it's beautiful, and i can imagine us being very happy there. there's nothing to stop us and nothing to wait for so why not, or that's how we're justifying it!

it's 4 bedroom house set on 38 acres!! with fantastic views of the burra valley. 3 stables, 8 paddocks, big hay/machine shed and a garage i could put 12 cars in! (or 11 and a bike ) Not to mention other out buildings and a separate granny flat/self contained studio thingy. Bores, dams, tanks, the works.... it's even got a post box, only it's about a mile down the road, but it will keep me fit when i go and check the mail. (yeah right, sod that i'll drive)

We put an offer in below what they were after knowing they wanted a quick sell and to our amazement (and shock), they accepted! So now we've got to find the money to pay for it and get everything moving.

Other houses we were looking at in canberra were going for $300 - $500 for .25 to 2 acre plots. this one we've got for $530! and it's actually closer to where we both work than other places we've looked at in the city.

However the upside to this is we're going to be a 2 ute family soon! A big beefy 8 litre v24 4x6 tritonesque beasty something for the misses, and a small girlie 2 litre cab chassis thing for me.... for practical reasons you understand. (she's not as ticklish as me so she won as usual. ).

I never set out looking for my dreams, just a compromise would have done. I certainly never set out expecting to surpass them. I don't think i'm anything special and i know i've probably been a bit lucky, but it's all out here if you want it.... although i still can't find a supplier for caffrey's or KP salt'n'vinegar peanuts (which i've ran out of again).

so anyway, that's all the news up to date. i will finally get me 'ute and a barbie to park it next to while i'm sat looking over my ranch, with me'sheila by my side, at the sun setting over the mountains.... (fade in background music and waving australian flag).. watching the eagles fly above in the crisp blue sky while the deer drink from the stream... it's a shame i still have to go to work though! bugger!

Leigh

Last edited by scutterUK; Apr 24th 2005 at 1:35 pm.
Old Apr 24th 2005, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: what? 6 months and still no ute!!!?

Originally Posted by scutterUK
Well i thought i'd better finish off my story as the last big milestones have now been met or at least are well on the way. i'm now looking forward to a very interesting future which i'm please to say has fallen in to place very easily for me. well ok pretty easily, i'm just one of the lucky ones i guess (for the first time in my life!). It has been easier for me being alone here in auz than it would have been if i'd had a wife and kids in tow. Anyway,...

My folks have come and gone. i never thought 3.5 weeks would go so fast, but it did. they left knowing i'm happy, and taking good care of myself (plus m'sheila is helping there too). They got on really well with tammy (oops m'sheila) and they loved canberra. My dad is already planning his next trip and my sister now wants to apply for her visa too.... the jarvis invasion has begun!

Me and m'sheila are still together and very happy too. We had this big plan that once i started this contract position in august we would seriously think about looking for a house together as i'm practically living at her's already anyway.

However things changed slightly when the 12 month contract turned in to a permanent position with a request for an immediate start. so i'm now the production manager of a busy graphic design studio, but more importantly with regular decent money coming in to my bank account instead of leaving it!

We made the fatal mistake of going to look at a few properties yesterday, just as an idea of what to expect for when we seriously started looking. Well we saw a place, fell in love with it and put an offer in. i know i know, but it's beautiful, and i can imagine us being very happy there. there's nothing to stop us and nothing to wait for so why not, or that's how we're justifying it!

it's 4 bedroom house set on 38 acres!! with fantastic views of the burra valley. 3 stables, 8 paddocks, big hay/machine shed and a garage i could put 12 cars in! (or 11 and a bike ) Not to mention other out buildings and a separate granny flat/self contained studio thingy. Bores, dams, tanks, the works.... it's even got a post box, only it's about a mile down the road, but it will keep me fit when i go and check the mail. (yeah right, sod that i'll drive)

We put an offer in below what they were after knowing they wanted a quick sell and to our amazement (and shock), they accepted! So now we've got to find the money to pay for it and get everything moving.

Other houses we were looking at in canberra were going for $300 - $500 for .25 to 2 acre plots. this one we've got for $530! and it's actually closer to where we both work than other places we've looked at in the city.

However the upside to this is we're going to be a 2 ute family soon! A big beefy 8 litre v24 4x6 tritonesque beasty something for the misses, and a small girlie 2 litre cab chassis thing for me.... for practical reasons you understand. (she's not as ticklish as me so she won as usual. ).

I never set out looking for my dreams, just a compromise would have done. I certainly never set out expecting to surpass them. I don't think i'm anything special and i know i've probably been a bit lucky, but it's all out here if you want it.... although i still can't find a supplier for caffrey's or KP salt'n'vinegar peanuts (which i've ran out of again).

so anyway, that's all the news up to date. i will finally get me 'ute and a barbie to park it next to while i'm sat looking over my ranch, with me'sheila by my side, at the sun setting over the mountains.... (fade in background music and waving australian flag).. watching the eagles fly above in the crisp blue sky while the deer drink from the stream... it's a shame i still have to go to work though! bugger!

Leigh
Good on ya Mate !
We were in Canberra last week and I actually thought of you because you're the only person I "virtually" know that moved there!
We ran out of time to do everything we wanted so a return trip on the books.
Congratulations on the ranch , ute , sheila things and I hope you're even happier than you sound. to you and the missuss.
All the best,
Tass.
P.S. We stopped for a cuppa on the way down beside LAKE GEORGE. I made my hubby drive until we got there , so that we could sit with our feet in the water and let the kids paddle ! Oh , how we laughed !!
Old Apr 24th 2005, 5:47 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Spot the water:

Old Apr 24th 2005, 7:55 pm
life begins again...

... hmm maybe it's just really green grass looking water? i wouldn't go diving in though or you could be in for a shock. it does flood occasionally,... so i'm told. i can't believe it. a weird place to see though, it's just green and flat.

Old Apr 24th 2005, 8:30 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one SUK (see thats the S from scutte.......never mind)

Anyway glad it working out for you and then some.

You dont have a relation that writes for greenwing by any chance. Your style is very similar either that or your copying his stuff

Anyhow long may it continue

girlie ute ?????? geez
Old Apr 24th 2005, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

ScuntoBris will become famous soon enough

hehe yeah i thought that, i haven't mentioned my dark mirky past as an ExpatsForum member yet,.... i didn't want to risk loosing her. hehe. I'm sure she'd understand though.
Dark Mirky Past, thought you must have been talking about Scunny for a second there.

Pleased it's working out or you!
Old Apr 24th 2005, 9:19 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

PS when there's enough ACT folks in the area we'll organise the first office ACT expats meetup! Well at least one with more than just me this time.
Let me know when you do and I'll try to wangle a trip across. On full govt business of course. Wouldn't want to waste taxpayers money <cough> <cough>
Old Apr 24th 2005, 9:24 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

.... although i still can't find a supplier for caffrey's or KP salt'n'vinegar peanuts (which i've ran out of again).

Moan moan moan some people are just never happy !
Old Apr 24th 2005, 10:24 pm
life begins again...

Originally Posted by seang
Nice one SUK (see thats the S from scutte.......never mind)

Anyway glad it working out for you and then some.

You dont have a relation that writes for greenwing by any chance. Your style is very similar either that or your copying his stuff

Anyhow long may it continue

girlie ute ?????? geez
SUK... ahh i get it. not sure what you mean by greenwing though, i'm an original peice of work i tell you! i might copy off red dwarf now and then but i think i'm entitled to do that.

S****horpe... damn i keep trying to keep that one quiet. the good thing about being in aus is that whenever anyone asks where you come from and you say s****horpe you don't get the sniggers and smirks like back home, just the same blank looks all the time.

Actually i still find it funny when someone asks where i'm from. i know when i tell them they wont have a clue. it's like they expect me to come from london, as most people know where that is and always ask as their second question 'is it near london?' I always say yes now as looking at the UK by australia's standards, it's not far off. a bit like saying canberra is near sydney i think.

VeK (doesn't sound as bad as SUK), yes we'll have to sort that. there's a plane load of them coming across at various times this year so once we've got a few settled in we'll get something organised.

Anyway, thanks guys. if it wasn't for KP peanuts, my life would be complete. All-in-all though i couldn't be happier.

by the way does anyone know what the go is with property of this size. i thought i'd read somewhere that over a certain acreage it's classed as commercial but could remember the consequences of it though... maybe i might post a new post and see if the masses know.

cheers!!