Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What`s the matter Grub?

What`s the matter Grub?

Old May 5th 2003, 2:33 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PB what are your standards for living accomodation

Originally posted by Slippers
This is too harsh. There is the very interesting Sea of Tranquility on the moon for one thing and, for another, the US spent millions of dollars sending Neil Armstrong to the moon whereas I heard he turned down an invitation to a festival in Oz even though Qantas were gonna have a whipround for his ticket - he said it just didn't have the atmosphere that he had become used to.
I feel your style is a little to like another learned guy I have come to respect?

Old May 5th 2003, 2:41 am
Forum Regular

Slippers is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pommie bastard
I feel your style is a little to like another learned guy I have come to respect?

Learned? If only. I thought I had learnt some things until I got to NZ. Now I never know what tomorrow's lesson is gonna be. I had no bldy idea.

Cheers
Old May 5th 2003, 5:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Grub is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What`s the matter Grub?

I havent read all of this so apologies if i've missed something- the point is Rosy, i was merely trying to share my sense of good fortune with those still waiting and to let you guys know that what we have found is a far better standard of living. We come from a well off suburb in NW UK where a terrace house sold for 140k. What we now have is a 750 plot in a lovely quiet suburb near to the beaches and a 5 bed house to boot. I think Rosy, being such a new poster on this site, you should understand my point of view and also realise that I am neither a snob, nor a show off.

Oh and btw- BB is safe and well- had to wake him up at midday today- lazy sod!!!
Old May 5th 2003, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What`s the matter Grub?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Grub
I havent read all of this so apologies if i've missed something- the point is Rosy, i was merely trying to share my sense of good fortune with those still waiting and to let you guys know that what we have found is a far better standard of living. We come from a well off suburb in NW UK where a terrace house sold for 140k. What we now have is a 750 plot in a lovely quiet suburb near to the beaches and a 5 bed house to boot. I think Rosy, being such a new poster on this site, you should understand my point of view and also realise that I am neither a snob, nor a show off.

thanks for that Grub. I`m not sure how you equate "good fortune", but different folks, different strokes I suppose.

also one person`s definition of "a far better standard of living" is not necessarily anothers. Big houses, big cars etc. etc. don`t always mean a "better standard of living".

Yes, I am a new poster, but that doesn`t mean to say I have to understand YOUR point of view. You are entitled to that, of course, and I respect that. I wasn`t trying to imply that you were a snob or a showoff - just curious as to why you posted pics of your house.

I couldn`t for the life of me see the need to post pics of my house etc. and merely failed to understand why you did...

I wish you every success with your new life in Australia- I am sure you were meant to live here and will definitely fit in well.

But surely this is a FORUM - we don`t all have to understand and agree with each others views - if we did, then the need for the "FORUM" would disappear....
Old May 5th 2003, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosy is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pommie bastard

Hey, PB - you on overtime here??? Hope your employer is paying you triple time to post!!!
Old May 5th 2003, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

scoobydooathome is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rosy

Hey, PB - you on overtime here??? Hope your employer is paying you triple time to post!!!
He won't be doing that when he returns to the land of milk and honey, employer's here expect you to work for a living ...
Old May 8th 2003, 4:43 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by scoobydooathome
He won't be doing that when he returns to the land of milk and honey, employer's here expect you to work for a living ...
Shock to me system that would be going back to working and getting paid more than peanuts .

Old May 8th 2003, 4:45 am
Banned

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rosy

The deal is do bugger and the company spends bugger all , so not working saves money , a country run by tossers .

Last edited by pommie bastard; May 8th 2003 at 4:55 am.
Old May 8th 2003, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

tomtanktop is an unknown quantity at this point

Rosy:I couldn`t for the life of me see the need to post pics of my house etc. and merely failed to understand why you did...

Rosy again:But surely this is a FORUM - we don`t all have to understand and agree with each others views - if we did, then the need for the "FORUM" would disappear....

So why did you feel the need to ask the question in the first place then? If you dont have to understand anyway?