Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Wharf storage refunds????

Wharf storage refunds????

Old Mar 2nd 2006, 12:59 am
Forum Regular

jaycat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wharf storage refunds????

Can anyone please tell me how we go about getting the wharf storage charge refund.
We have been told that we might be able to claim from customs but i cant see anything on there website relating to it.
This is for the Brisbane port.
I have read on here before about people making a claim, so if anyone is going through this process i would appreciate some advice of how to get the ball rolling so to speak.
Thanks in advance
Karen
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

midlife crisis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wharf storage refunds????

Originally Posted by jaycat
Can anyone please tell me how we go about getting the wharf storage charge refund.
We have been told that we might be able to claim from customs but i cant see anything on there website relating to it.
I have read on here before about people making a claim, so if anyone is going through this process i would appreciate some advice of how to get the ball rolling so to speak.
Thanks in advance
Karen
Hi Karen

We are currently in the process of claiming back our wharf storage fees from customs. Our agent in Brisbane, Overseas Shippers, gave us the forms and filled in the parts that they needed to complete. We then sent them back to them and I presume that they have now been sent off to customs.

If we don't hear anything over the next few weeks then I will have to chase them up.

I would go back to your agent in the first instance because you will not be able to complete the forms without their help.

Good Luck
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

svinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud of

Hi,
We had the same problem 3 weeks ago, I got in touch with the shipping company in the u.k and they said they would pay for it, Still waitng for the money to be refunded though.

Suzanne
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

Gill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jaycat
Thanks in advance
Karen
Hi Karen

You need to email [email protected]. They will send you a claim form and 2 stat decs. Most of this need to be filled in by the shipping agents who dealt with your goods when they arrived. The agents will also supply you with the tax invoice and guide you through the few questions that you have to answer on the claim form so get in touch with them as well. Good Luck
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

Gill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by svinnes
Hi,
We had the same problem 3 weeks ago, I got in touch with the shipping company in the u.k and they said they would pay for it, Still waitng for the money to be refunded though.

Suzanne
Hi Suzanne,

Did the shipping company in the UK pay for the Wharf Storage or was it the insurance company? I never thought to check if this type of problem was covered by insurance.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

jaycat is an unknown quantity at this point

HI
Thanks for the advice, funny thing is our Oz agent was also Oversea's shippers and packers but they have not sent us any forms. Had to chase them for a list of the charges that we paid as we wanted to know what and who we were paying.
Well looks like i will be on the phone to them again, bet they hate my name by now.....lol
Well good luck with your claims and if you get any news i would love to hear the outcome.
Somehow i doubt that our UK shipping agent would pay for wharf storage, so dont think i will go down that road just yet.
Karen
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

svinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud of

Hi,

I phoned the shipping agent in Brisbane, And they said my agent back in the U.K should have told me about these charges(which of course they didn't). I then called my agent in the u.k and explained that they should have informed me of these charges, And they said they had never heard of it but they would cover all the costs. It's maybe worth a try and give them a call and say you have been advised that you should have been told about the costs.
Bit of bluffing on your part, But if they cough up then its worth the call.
Good luck and hope you don't get charged.

Suzanne
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Bert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond repute

These charges are a bit odd aren't they - I thought we would be hit with them like others have (at Brisbane wharf) but at the end of the day we weren't charged any storage at all by anyone. Our things landed 14th Jan and were cleared by quarantine only Tuesday last week (after complaining in writing about the delays!). Then again maybe we already 'paid' in the upfront charges to the UK shipper?