Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Whant to know what fees you should be paying a Migrant Agent

Whant to know what fees you should be paying a Migrant Agent

Old Mar 2nd 2006, 2:31 am
SharonC

sharon_gareth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Whant to know what fees you should be paying a Migrant Agent

Just found this on MARA website and thought it was a good guideline for knowing what a fair price is for using a migrant agent.

http://www.themara.com.au/ArticleDoc...%2002%2008.pdf

Provides average fees charged by Migrant Agents between July 05 and Jan 06 for both PR & Temp Visas
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 6:03 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whant to know what fees you should be paying a Migrant Agent

Originally Posted by sharon_gareth
Just found this on MARA website and thought it was a good guideline for knowing what a fair price is for using a migrant agent.

Provides average fees charged by Migrant Agents between July 05 and Jan 06 for both PR & Temp Visas
Thats reassuring to know that my agents fees are realisting inline with mara...good thread. I think one or two people may benefit from that link.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

tony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud of

So how much is it to apply for the Permanent Residency Visa in english pounds and how much do agents charge roughly for their services excluding the Visa Costs if you don't mind me asking?
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tony4563
So how much is it to apply for the Permanent Residency Visa in english pounds and how much do agents charge roughly for their services excluding the Visa Costs if you don't mind me asking?
The charges for an agent vary greatly... we had quotes ranging from £800 - £3000.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 8:48 am
SharonC

divide by 2.4 to get a guide or use the calculator on the DIMIA website http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i.htm. You will be looking at around GBP 1,200 (a range of GBP 983 - 1650. In an agent is charging you GBP 3,000 for a skilled migrant visa I would want to know what extra service they were offering to warrant such a huge fee (perhaps they are including the DIMIA visa fees)?.

The fees quoted in the link are only for the agents services. If you want to know the Visa costs and other related costs these can be found on the DIMIA website.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i.htm (see p rint charges and fees for a PDF file)

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i...ther_costs.htm
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

divide by 2.4 to get a guide or use the calculator on the DIMIA website http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i.htm. You will be looking at around GBP 1,200 (a range of GBP 983 - 1650. In an agent is charging you GBP 3,000 for a skilled migrant visa I would want to know what extra service they were offering to warrant such a huge fee (perhaps they are including the DIMIA visa fees)?.

The fees quoted in the link are only for the agents services. If you want to know the Visa costs and other related costs these can be found on the DIMIA website.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i.htm (see p rint charges and fees for a PDF file)

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i...ther_costs.htm
I agree, thats why we started to do a lot more checking when someone pointed that out to us last year. We are now very settled with an agent who has his fees on his site www.ianharrop.co.uk...
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

tony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud of

Thanks CathnPaul for that link. I've sent Ian an email.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 2:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks CathnPaul for that link. I've sent Ian an email.
Ian is a well respected agent and has a vast history of experience as can be seen from his mara number...

We searched for approx 18months for an agent we felt comfortable with. that included emailing 50 of them - ringing some - then following them up further... we then thought we had settled with one until the paperwork came through and triple checked it to find we were being overcharged and to re-consider..which was the best thing we did as we were being steered down the wrong path without knowing it.

He has a 24hr turn around on any emails so I am sure he will be in touch with you soon.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

"He has a 24hr turn around on any emails so I am sure he will be in touch with you soon."

Got a reply within an hour.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
The charges for an agent vary greatly... we had quotes ranging from £800 - £3000.
We've paid just over $2500 - about £1000. Plus fees of course.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

Darren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant future

I have a better price....don't pay for one. It's hardly rocket science
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Darren S
It is for some people who have difficult cases - or who dont want the hassle of filling in the forms etc.

We dont have the confidence to go it alone as we only have one shot due to the 139 changing mid year.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 9:00 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
It is for some people who have difficult cases - or who dont want the hassle of filling in the forms etc.

We dont have the confidence to go it alone as we only have one shot due to the 139 changing mid year.
Ageed. Our case was very tricky and I must say that we were very pleased with the service offered by Ian Harrop, worth every penny.

ACE
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 11:36 pm
SharonC

Originally Posted by ACE
Ageed. Our case was very tricky and I must say that we were very pleased with the service offered by Ian Harrop, worth every penny.

ACE

We used a migrant agent because we came here on a skilled migrant visa.

Reason we felt that using a migrant agent was important was that a work friend did it themselves and got declined first time round but when they went through a migrant agent the application was succesful.

All it was down to was the wording in the job description. Something like this can make all the difference and a migrant agent should be able to get it right.

Sure if you are applying for a straight forward visa why not do it yourself but if your a skilled migrant you may want to think twice. Why give your self the stress and dissapointment of getting declined just for using the wrong wording to describe your work.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

sean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nice

Originally Posted by Darren S
It may not be rocket science but lots of people fail the TRA assessment so using an agent isn't always a bad idea, i used an agent and received my visa with no stress so to me it was worth every penny (thanks visa connection)