Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

WH Visa & Police Checks

WH Visa & Police Checks

Old Jul 1st 2002, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

a1macc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WH Visa & Police Checks

Is it usual for AHC to request copies of police records for a WH Visa?

I ticked the box on the application to show I had a conviction and detailed the driving offence. They replied with a very stern letter requesting the police record. This is a pain as it seems this will delay things by at least 40 days.

I am hoping this is a formality and that a drving offence is not a barrier to getting a WH Visa?

Does anyone have any knowledge/experience of this?
Old Jul 2nd 2002, 8:35 am
Banned

newstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: WH Visa & Police Checks

Relax. From other similar threads on this board, a non-serious driving offence will not matter at all and some posters even say that speeding offences did not even figure in the police form. I think they are being prudent and checking whether it was a more serious offence (eg killing somebody through drunk driving etc).

All the best
Old Jul 3rd 2002, 5:20 pm
Adam

Default Re: WH Visa & Police Checks

Hi,

Relax! 8-)

In 1994 I got 3 points for 99.1mph on the motorway between glasgow and edinburgh,
since then they have obviously dropped off my license.

I have my police record and it mentions nothing about it.

Adam

"newstartnz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Relax. From other similar threads on this board, a non-serious driving offence will
    > not matter at all and some posters even say that speeding offences did not even
    > figure in the police form. I think they are being prudent and checking whether it
    > was a more serious offence (eg killing somebody through drunk driving etc).
    >
    > All the best
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com