Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

We've sold the House!!

We've sold the House!!

Old Aug 21st 2003, 7:53 am
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice
Default Re: We've sold the House!!

Originally posted by tinaj
Got to share my excitement.

We had a couple come round tonight for a second viewing on the house. We knew they were keen as they told the agents that they wanted to view a neighbours house first and would get back to us later in the week. We saw them viewing the neigbours on Monday, yesterday they booked the second viewing with us, after coming originally on Sunday.

Anyway they came round again and were sort of talking as if they wanted the house. You know 'we love this love that 'etc.

Had a chat with them at the end, and they said they loved the house, it was the one for them and would offer the full asking price and would we accept!! gulp!

They only have 2 person chain as the person buying theirs is buying it to let out.

It all seems great, they are a lovely couple and I am over the moon. I just hope I get that exchange date through quickly so I can book our flights.

There is hope for all you people waiting to sell, it all seems to be a bit more positive now so it shouldn't be too long to wait.

:PARTY: :PARTY: :PARTY:
Nice one,but may have to be the forum ogre on this one,bearing grumpy advice.
We've been in this positon 6 times now,and have learnt the hard way each time.Until you exchange contracts,try not to read too much into it.We'vehad 'nice buyers' and tossers,but they've all turned into tossers-including the current ones.See if you can get a non-returnable deposit of 10k or so to prove they're genuine.Also,keep the viewings coming,but on the understanding that you won't accept any offers unles this sale falls through.
Don't fall into the trap like us,where the house is off the market for a couple of months and the buyer keeps saying 'soon',so it seems more trouble to put it back on than to stick with them.

BB-kick some ass-don't worry about upsetting anyone,rather them than you.
Old Aug 21st 2003, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally posted by baldbutts
Nice one,but may have to be the forum ogre on this one,bearing grumpy advice.
We've been in this positon 6 times now,and have learnt the hard way each time.Until you exchange contracts,try not to read too much into it.We'vehad 'nice buyers' and tossers,but they've all turned into tossers-including the current ones.See if you can get a non-returnable deposit of 10k or so to prove they're genuine.Also,keep the viewings coming,but on the understanding that you won't accept any offers unles this sale falls through.
Don't fall into the trap like us,where the house is off the market for a couple of months and the buyer keeps saying 'soon',so it seems more trouble to put it back on than to stick with them.

BB-kick some ass-don't worry about upsetting anyone,rather them than you.

Thanks BB that is sound advice.
We have another viewing due this weekend, do you think it would be acceptable to go ahead with it? Maybe I should wait to speak to the agent today and see what they suggest.

Thanks all of you that have sent your well wishes. I will ignore the rest of you, no-one is going to spoil my elation and feeling of relief at the moment.
Old Aug 21st 2003, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice one Tina J

Lets hope it all goes smoothly and quickly for you.

BooBoo
Old Aug 21st 2003, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Atticus will become famous soon enough

All the best Tina hope it goes smoothly for you.

Fingers crossed.

Old Aug 21st 2003, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

dibrucewillis is an unknown quantity at this point

Great news Tinaj.

You had better get some more stuff advertised on Ebay

Hope everything goes smoothly.

Diane
Old Aug 21st 2003, 8:52 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

the other technique you could use if the current people start dragging their feet, if you have continued showing people round the house and receive an (acceptable) offer, then it would be first to complete that gets the house.

some buyers may not like that strategy, but they are free to look at other houses and make offers on them in the meantime, so can not expect all the trusting to be one way.

walaj
Old Aug 21st 2003, 9:05 am
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice

Thanks BB that is sound advice.
We have another viewing due this weekend, do you think it would be acceptable to go ahead with it? Maybe I should wait to speak to the agent today and see what they suggest.

Thanks all of you that have sent your well wishes. I will ignore the rest of you, no-one is going to spoil my elation and feeling of relief at the moment.

Definately get more viewings in.Our estate agent said if we did this it may upset the buyer at the time-so we didnt.
When they backed out after months,we made the next buyer put down 10k before we took it off the market and made them prove the amount of cash they claimed to have.Again,the agent said it may upset them.This time I gave a tongue lashing along the lines "upset-try leaving the UK after being unable to sell a house in a 'sought after' area in 12 months-blah blah blah rant rant rant.".They soon sorted it out.
However we still aint home and dry,but don't worry,we'll post here as soon as we have any news,and no doubt get accused of saying--look what we've got.

BB-Oy Tony-sort this mess out now.
Old Aug 21st 2003, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Just spoke to the agent. We have agreed to give them until 8th Sept to get the survey done, in the meantime we won't show anyone round. If they don't get it done by this date we will show people around again.

I think we should give them the benefit of the doubt for 2 weeks and if they can't stick to their word it will be back on the market.

Agent reckons it may take til mid November to all go through! How long does it take to sell a house!
Old Aug 21st 2003, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

ywoods is an unknown quantity at this point

fingers crossed it all goes well
Old Aug 21st 2003, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

suffolkdiva is an unknown quantity at this point

Agent reckons it may take til mid November to all go through! How long does it take to sell a house!

To give you a bit of hope that it will not take that long, we accepted an offer last Sat with a family who have hardly any chain on their house and our agent told us they want to complete by the 3rd week in Sept. So we have the problem of stalling for a couple of weeks as we can't go til mid Oct. Not complaining though!!

Hope it all goes through swiftly.
Old Aug 21st 2003, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by suffolkdiva

To give you a bit of hope that it will not take that long, we accepted an offer last Sat with a family who have hardly any chain on their house and our agent told us they want to complete by the 3rd week in Sept. So we have the problem of stalling for a couple of weeks as we can't go til mid Oct. Not complaining though!!

Hope it all goes through swiftly.

Takes a long time for the various parties to ask all the dumb questions and the mortgage companies to dust off the deeds.

The land searches took our chain between 4 and 6 weeks. However we've been waiting since Jube for the first buyer to sort out her mortgage. Still waiting for a dammed exchange date. The plus point is that the solicitors have had more than ample time to ask time wasting questions and knock up the contracts.

Good luck all, jeez I hate buying and selling here!!!!
Old Aug 21st 2003, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Exit UK 23rd Mar 2004, arriving in NZ 29th Mar (stop off LA Disney)
GetMeOutOfHere is an unknown quantity at this point

Got to share my excitement.

We had a couple come round tonight for a second viewing on the house. We knew they were keen as they told the agents that they wanted to view a neighbours house first and would get back to us later in the week. We saw them viewing the neigbours on Monday, yesterday they booked the second viewing with us, after coming originally on Sunday.

Anyway they came round again and were sort of talking as if they wanted the house. You know 'we love this love that 'etc.

Had a chat with them at the end, and they said they loved the house, it was the one for them and would offer the full asking price and would we accept!! gulp!

They only have 2 person chain as the person buying theirs is buying it to let out.

It all seems great, they are a lovely couple and I am over the moon. I just hope I get that exchange date through quickly so I can book our flights.

There is hope for all you people waiting to sell, it all seems to be a bit more positive now so it shouldn't be too long to wait.

:PARTY: :PARTY: :PARTY:
Great feeling isn't it, another milestone achieved.
Old Aug 21st 2003, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Exit UK 23rd Mar 2004, arriving in NZ 29th Mar (stop off LA Disney)
GetMeOutOfHere is an unknown quantity at this point

Just spoke to the agent. We have agreed to give them until 8th Sept to get the survey done, in the meantime we won't show anyone round. If they don't get it done by this date we will show people around again.

I think we should give them the benefit of the doubt for 2 weeks and if they can't stick to their word it will be back on the market.

It can take ages, so to help the process along send in to your solicitors:

Council Tax bill, years worth of Utility bills, any annual servicing(bolier) bills, any guarantees of building work done in the past(ie Local Autority Planning sign off certificates).

Cut the paper chasing down to a minimum
Old Aug 21st 2003, 11:55 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

My conveyancer GUARANTEES to be ready to exchange contracts in 4 weeks or you don't pay once exchange has happened who cares about the rest of the time they are hooked without being able to get out (UNLESS they paya a lot of money and you still have the house) She was ready and we were able to chase the buyers solicitors - who had done nothing - and then found out they were wasting time while the buyer decided whether to go ahead or not. KEEP ON ACCEPTING VIEWINGS FOR SECOND STRINGS and if the first buyer is very slow go for a contract race. The house is only good for the person who REALLY wants to buy it. It sports oout the men from the boys (or something):scared: :scared: :scared:
Old Aug 21st 2003, 1:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yafm,

Any chance you could let me know who your conveyancer is - they sound great!I have been ringing around and the prices seem to vary a lot.

When you get an offer are you going to keep showing people around then? The couple interested in mine have asked that we don't. We are probably being too nice as we haven't been burnt yet, but have said no one will come round for 2 weeks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.