Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

We've sold the House!!

We've sold the House!!

Old Aug 20th 2003, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of
Default We've sold the House!!

Got to share my excitement.

We had a couple come round tonight for a second viewing on the house. We knew they were keen as they told the agents that they wanted to view a neighbours house first and would get back to us later in the week. We saw them viewing the neigbours on Monday, yesterday they booked the second viewing with us, after coming originally on Sunday.

Anyway they came round again and were sort of talking as if they wanted the house. You know 'we love this love that 'etc.

Had a chat with them at the end, and they said they loved the house, it was the one for them and would offer the full asking price and would we accept!! gulp!

They only have 2 person chain as the person buying theirs is buying it to let out.

It all seems great, they are a lovely couple and I am over the moon. I just hope I get that exchange date through quickly so I can book our flights.

There is hope for all you people waiting to sell, it all seems to be a bit more positive now so it shouldn't be too long to wait.

:PARTY: :PARTY: :PARTY:
Old Aug 20th 2003, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute

Well done, it must be a big relief. Hopefully the settlement process will go smoothly for you.
Old Aug 20th 2003, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

salonit is on a distinguished road
Default Re: We've sold the House!!

well done!!!!!!!!!!! What a great feeling...! hope it all goes smoothly for u !!!!!!
Old Aug 20th 2003, 8:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Tinaj. Hope it all goes smoothly.

Whisky
Old Aug 20th 2003, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Wolfen is an unknown quantity at this point

WELL DONE!!! Fantastic news!!!
Old Aug 20th 2003, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by tinaj

We had a couple come round tonight for a second viewing on the house. We knew they were keen as they told the agents that they wanted to view a neighbours house first and would get back to us later in the week. We saw them viewing the neigbours on Monday, yesterday they booked the second viewing with us, after coming originally on Sunday.

Anyway they came round again and were sort of talking as if they wanted the house. You know 'we love this love that 'etc.

Had a chat with them at the end, and they said they loved the house, it was the one for them and would offer the full asking price and would we accept!! gulp!

They only have 2 person chain as the person buying theirs is buying it to let out.

It all seems great, they are a lovely couple and I am over the moon. I just hope I get that exchange date through quickly so I can book our flights.

There is hope for all you people waiting to sell, it all seems to be a bit more positive now so it shouldn't be too long to wait.

Congratulations Tina
have a drink on me to celebrate
best of luck
rach & family
Old Aug 20th 2003, 9:24 pm
Crocodile Member

Location: Wurtulla, Sunshine Coast. Crikey Terri, That's a BIG ONE!
Andy_Hanrahan is an unknown quantity at this point

Many congratulations Tina. I had a feeling that couple would come through for you. Well done. you'll be hitting the Sunshine coast before you know it!

Andy

Old Aug 20th 2003, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

Congratulations Tina,

Just keep on the agents case until you get that date!
Old Aug 20th 2003, 9:40 pm
Just Joined

Well travelled is an unknown quantity at this point

This is lifestyle section, not I am site and I have.....aussies won't like your style of I have lots ... thats the kind of attitude most brits want to get away from , however much we all have!!!!
Old Aug 20th 2003, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Well travelled
This is lifestyle section, not I am site and I have.....aussies won't like your style of I have lots ... thats the kind of attitude most brits want to get away from , however much we all have!!!!
You're a right bundle of joy... aren't you?
Old Aug 20th 2003, 9:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

Re-read the post matey. I don't believe tina was revelling in making a huge bundle on her property, simlply the fact that the new life can start.

Having waited 3 months for an exchange date I'd post exactly the same when and if it ever happens.
Old Aug 20th 2003, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Gra.B
You're a right bundle of joy... aren't you?
....and besides, she's virtually homeless now!

Old Aug 21st 2003, 12:16 am
BE Enthusiast

karenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to all

tina, not been on site for few days. i've got everything crossed for you. i mentioned our buyers' surveyor gave a good report on our property and said there was no need to test for sulphate in the concrete floors - well because we have said we'll drop price by £3000 if there is a problem, they have insisted on a lab test! we will have results early next week. the lab guy reckons it is borderline so we just hope the test comes back good for us. otherwise, we just have to swallow, and let the buyers have the hassle of digging up the floors after we've gone.
(they've spent £450 on original survey and £250 + vat for the tests)
since our furniture and worldly goods went on friday i have a feeling of liberation, we are just doing alan's books up to date for the accountant and then can just concentrate on seeing people before we go sept 21st. i've used my airmiles and booked a flight to see my old friend in hamburg for a few days, really pleased about that - worth £71! we even have some left over to buy cinema / sealife / bowling tickets. busy cashing in old policies and forgotten little accounts! the post office sent me a cheque for .54p after i drew out the balance!
well, you have my good wishes tina.
karen
Old Aug 21st 2003, 2:49 am
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

Hi Tina
Congratulations, hope everything goes smoothly,
Soon be able to start your new life!

yve
Old Aug 21st 2003, 6:53 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

I think well travelled is refering to a couple of recent posts regarding words such as rambling, private, loaded, bulgarian cleaner etc.

Well travelled is already on the Sunshine Coast, so he can see the irony of Surrey snobbery in a place where putting on a pair of flip flops is dressing up.

I too made a mistake of mentioning money here, however it was supposed to be well intentioned in the way showing people that you can do well here even if you came with nothing.

I regret that now as I did not see it would be taken as bragging which was probably stupid, however as a woman who gets around in an old Ute with a dog in the back and lives in a house built in the tree tops I dont really think I classify as a snob. The last thing on this planet I would want to be is a Toorak Taxi Queen with Kids wearing private school uniforms on Saturday, sadly there are plenty here, so I guess there is a place for all types.

Now wheres me best flop flops we have a wedding this weekend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.