Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

We've put a deposit on our land/ house package!!!!!

We've put a deposit on our land/ house package!!!!!

Old Dec 23rd 2005, 4:41 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of
Thumbs up We've put a deposit on our land/ house package!!!!!

Well considering we were thinking of spending another 6mths in our rental to give us 12mths in total to settle in and for me to get a job as well(Daz already has one) along came an opportunity and we have just put a deposit on a house / land package to be ready june/july next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OH MY GOD!
Its both a scary and exciting feeling at the same time. We have never done anything like this before so its all new to us.
Its in Gilston - Rivergardens estate (just a mound of earth at the moment!) So anyone looking its a great deal and some plots left. We are not bad neighbours!
cant wait to see it grow and send the pictures back home so they can share it with us.
Just thought I'd share it with you too!
Karen x
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 4:51 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We've put a deposit on our land/ house package!!!!!

Originally Posted by karenjc
Well considering we were thinking of spending another 6mths in our rental to give us 12mths in total to settle in and for me to get a job as well(Daz already has one) along came an opportunity and we have just put a deposit on a house / land package to be ready june/july next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OH MY GOD!
Its both a scary and exciting feeling at the same time. We have never done anything like this before so its all new to us.
Its in Gilston - Rivergardens estate (just a mound of earth at the moment!) So anyone looking its a great deal and some plots left. We are not bad neighbours!
cant wait to see it grow and send the pictures back home so they can share it with us.
Karen x
Congratulations, here's to a smooth build.
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 6:15 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

OH MY GOD!
Karen x
Congrats - for what its worth I think thats a smart deal. Build costs and land costs are going up. Whilst property prices in general may be rocky, building prices are on the rise in the next 12 months so doing it now will probably put you a few bucks ahead.

Well done - nice Christmas present to you both.
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Centurion
Congrats - for what its worth I think thats a smart deal. Build costs and land costs are going up. Whilst property prices in general may be rocky, building prices are on the rise in the next 12 months so doing it now will probably put you a few bucks ahead.

Well done - nice Christmas present to you both.
Many thanks - thats good to know!
Merry Xmas
Karen x
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

nickos12 is a jewel in the roughnickos12 is a jewel in the roughnickos12 is a jewel in the roughnickos12 is a jewel in the rough

we have also put a deposit on a land/house package, at least we know the price, and all the planning is approved. hopefully will be finished by mid may

Nick
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 12:34 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent news Karen, we moved into our own home last Tuesday and it feels just great.
Good Luck with it hope it runs smooth for you

Ang
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 12:34 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks - thats good to know!
Merry Xmas
Karen x

Congrats and merry christmas.

Is it that when you 'purchase' house and land package you start paying mortgage payments from signing, so in effect you'll be paying rent and mortgage? Just trying to work things out here.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 12:36 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

CONGRATULATIONS !!!! Soooo exciting .....
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 12:53 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

OH MY GOD!
Karen x
Hey congratulations! We will be neighbours - well not completely but we are now down south - will pm you.

Last edited by moneypenny20; Nov 17th 2009 at 9:20 am.
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Stitch
Congrats and merry christmas.

Is it that when you 'purchase' house and land package you start paying mortgage payments from signing, so in effect you'll be paying rent and mortgage? Just trying to work things out here.

Cheers

Ginny
All we have done is give them a deposit for the land, then the mortgage people pay them in installments as and when a certain level of work is done building the house. We only start paying the mortgage when the house is complete and we move in. It's a very common thing that happens so there are plenty of mortgage lenders to chose from ,it's called progress payments.
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 9:22 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

All we have done is give them a deposit for the land, then the mortgage people pay them in installments as and when a certain level of work is done building the house. We only start paying the mortgage when the house is complete and we move in. It's a very common thing that happens so there are plenty of mortgage lenders to chose from ,it's called progress payments.

That sounds better than I first thought. I was under the impression that you had to pay the day you sign type of thing. Might be worth looking into when we get over.

Cheers for the info and congrats again!

Cheers

Ginny