Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

We've had enough !

Wikiposts

We've had enough !

Old Apr 7th 2005, 10:34 pm
Now in Mandurah

Pauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: We've had enough !

Originally Posted by hooperhome
Hello everybody

Yesterday my husband said to me 'Promise me you'll never want to come back to England'. Well my response was '...only if you promise me that you will never want to come back'.

He has watched the New Life Down Under series and worries that the Steve and Zena scenario could happen!

We are so desperate to leave, is everybody else like this. Have you become less tolerant of things here because you can't get to Oz quick enough?

Theresa
We are desperate to leave as soon as we have visas, and sold the house. I am very less tolerant of everything...

But now I am also worried because we are taking my 2 kids but my hubbies 4 girls are staying behind. 1 of them did want to come but changed her mind last week. So worried about how he will settle with me I have my children with us but his are here. No they are not babies 14,16,18, 20 last one is married and not on the visas. So they are all going to validate and hopefully want a life out there later at least we are giving them that choice. When not in the mothers clutches.

I think you tend to worry about everything but we just want to go NOW!!!!

Pauline
Old Apr 7th 2005, 10:49 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everybody

Yesterday my husband said to me 'Promise me you'll never want to come back to England'. Well my response was '...only if you promise me that you will never want to come back'.

He has watched the New Life Down Under series and worries that the Steve and Zena scenario could happen!

We are so desperate to leave, is everybody else like this. Have you become less tolerant of things here because you can't get to Oz quick enough?

Theresa
My advice would be to take a few deep breaths, enjoy the time you have left with the people you love and care about, and realise that while the anticipation is powerful, reality once you get here may be a lot different.

It's not a paradise, its another country with its own problems and good points. For some it turns out to be the best thing they feel they have done, for others it is anything but. Give it a couple of years, get your aussie citizenship, and if you don't find its for you at this time, you can always come back later.

Hope all goes well
Old Apr 7th 2005, 10:50 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
The way I'm going at 35 this birthday, when we eventually get round to starting a family, I'm going to be the oldest new mum on the block, :scared:
Sarah
No, sorry Sarah, I can beat you on this one. We are also waiting until we have settled in Oz before we start a family AND I'm already 35!

Nicky[/QUOTE]

Glad I'm not alone on this but only have 19 days to go until I hit 35, :scared:
Sarah
Old Apr 7th 2005, 10:53 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by teach
No, sorry Sarah, I can beat you on this one. We are also waiting until we have settled in Oz before we start a family AND I'm already 35!

Nicky
Sarah[/QUOTE]

im 36 in august!!!! oh crap
Old Apr 7th 2005, 10:54 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

this is my huge dilema at the moment also!! we already have two daughters but with 5 year gaps because well ... sometimes it aint as easy as you think!!! now i am desperate for more children but do i wait or try now whil i still can - im 35. our daughters are 9 and 4 so we are at 5 years again!! added to this, we are only at TRA information gathering stage!!!! groan

as for wanting to go now - well the election doesnt help matters does it with each party highlighting how crap everything is or could be!!!! [/QUOTE]

My Sister-in-law says that there is no right time to have children and you can plan it all you want, but as you say Rooksie, sometimes nature doesn't work to the same timescales! Some very good friends of ours have been trying for a long time, and equally I know others who fell pregnant as soon as they decided to take their knickers off!

We thought about throwing caution to the wind and just letting fate take it's course, but common sense prevailed! Unfortunately, I just don't know which camp I'll fall into, so I'm just doing what's right for the here and now.

Out of interest, Rooksie, how long did it take before you fell with your first?

Nicky
Old Apr 7th 2005, 10:55 pm
Shaz

Shazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant future

My hubby has told me that once we get there, he's burning my passport so I CANT come back !!
Old Apr 7th 2005, 10:58 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Sarah[/QUOTE]

Sarah, there is one good thing - at least you can still celebrate with a !! Apart from the worry about leaving it too late, my other big worry is not being able to have a drink for 9 months! How will I survive!

Nicky
Old Apr 7th 2005, 11:01 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

[/QUOTE]

My Sister-in-law says that there is no right time to have children and you can plan it all you want, but as you say Rooksie, sometimes nature doesn't work to the same timescales! Some very good friends of ours have been trying for a long time, and equally I know others who fell pregnant as soon as they decided to take their knickers off!

We thought about throwing caution to the wind and just letting fate take it's course, but common sense prevailed! Unfortunately, I just don't know which camp I'll fall into, so I'm just doing what's right for the here and now.

Nicky[/QUOTE]

about 2 years first and 12 months second. however, have been trying 2 years again for number 3 and had lots tests n stuff - may not happen again - who knows. i have just spoken to my agent and he says even at such an early stage we are looking at 7 to 9 months for visa which is far better than i thought. so going to stop trying for now and hopefully when we in Oz "it will happen". i sincerely hope it will any way!!

dont let me worry you though - you may only need to share the same soap and you get caught!!! :scared:
Old Apr 7th 2005, 11:01 pm
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Depends if President Blair gets in ! If he gets in I'm off asap

Having said that I'm going to Oz for the adventure and experience. As has been said before the same crap happens wherever you are in the world.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 11:10 pm
In my own little world!

dont let me worry you though - you may only need to share the same soap and you get caught!!! :scared:[/QUOTE]

Rooksie,

Only problem is, we need to get back to the stage of sharing the soap first! My other half and I have been together for too long, if you know what I mean! It needs to be written on the kitchen calender weeks ahead.

Anyway, enough of my lowering the tone! In terms of your application, you sound like you're at the same stage as us, so good luck and let me know how you're getting on.

Nicky
Old Apr 7th 2005, 11:15 pm
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Nicky[/QUOTE]

about 2 years first and 12 months second. however, have been trying 2 years again for number 3 and had lots tests n stuff - may not happen again - who knows. i have just spoken to my agent and he says even at such an early stage we are looking at 7 to 9 months for visa which is far better than i thought. so going to stop trying for now and hopefully when we in Oz "it will happen". i sincerely hope it will any way!!

dont let me worry you though - you may only need to share the same soap and you get caught!!! :scared:[/QUOTE]

I would say which is more important, children or Australia ? We have one little boy and are trying for a second. To us having a second child is the most important thing. We plan to go to Oz next year but if the wife becomes pregnent we will delay going to Oz, have the baby in England, sponsor the baby as we already have our visas and then go to Oz. If you put off having
children in order to go to Australia then with the time it takes to get the visa and to move and with the stress involved in the move you might miss the opportunity of having any more children ie. fertility reduces with time.

Anyway good luck and enjoy the trying to get pregnent
Old Apr 7th 2005, 11:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Originally Posted by Shazrazmataz
My hubby has told me that once we get there, he's burning my passport so I CANT come back !!
Now there's an idea !

Theresa
Old Apr 7th 2005, 11:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
Sarah
Sarah, there is one good thing - at least you can still celebrate with a !! Apart from the worry about leaving it too late, my other big worry is not being able to have a drink for 9 months! How will I survive!

Nicky[/QUOTE]

Nicky

I've been through it 3 times, giving up the drink....and it is possible !!!

Theresa
Old Apr 7th 2005, 11:48 pm
J+J
Small Member

J+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant future

Nicky
Nicky

I've been through it 3 times, giving up the drink....and it is possible !!!

Theresa[/QUOTE]

I've done it twice now.
The not drinking for 9 months isn't too bad.
She drove me everywhere for a change

jamie
Old Apr 8th 2005, 12:19 am
Forum Regular

island.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant future
Smile Re: We've had enough !

Hello everybody

Theresa
yes we feel the same, desperate yes we feel very desperate! i would go now im so fed up with england i also feel like our life is on hold and that its in someone elses hands,i hate that.dimia debited our credit card end of january (skilled independant)and were just waiting and waiting.i check e.mail and door mat daily we are waiting for medical requests.im hoping they will come
anyday now.so ur not on your own im sure there are many more desperate people!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.