Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

We've had enough !

Wikiposts

We've had enough !

Old Apr 7th 2005, 6:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice
Default We've had enough !

Hello everybody

Yesterday my husband said to me 'Promise me you'll never want to come back to England'. Well my response was '...only if you promise me that you will never want to come back'.

He has watched the New Life Down Under series and worries that the Steve and Zena scenario could happen!

We are so desperate to leave, is everybody else like this. Have you become less tolerant of things here because you can't get to Oz quick enough?

Theresa
Old Apr 7th 2005, 6:44 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We've had enough !

Originally Posted by hooperhome
Hello everybody

Yesterday my husband said to me 'Promise me you'll never want to come back to England'. Well my response was '...only if you promise me that you will never want to come back'.

He has watched the New Life Down Under series and worries that the Steve and Zena scenario could happen!

We are so desperate to leave, is everybody else like this. Have you become less tolerant of things here because you can't get to Oz quick enough?

Theresa
They seemed like a really nice couple, they ended up staying didn't they? I think one of the reasons she wanted to return was because her son came back within a few days of them moving, we love it here but I guess if your child is on the other side of the world that is where you would want to be(even if they are older)

I am sure there are times when everyone gets a bit homesick but it passes.

spalens wife
Old Apr 7th 2005, 6:46 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

No

We have had our visa for a year and are not planning to go for quite a while yet.

I like living in the UK.

Not everybody who emigrates does it because they dislike the UK.

G
Old Apr 7th 2005, 6:48 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spalen
They seemed like a really nice couple, they ended up staying didn't they? I think one of the reasons she wanted to return was because her son came back within a few days of them moving, we love it here but I guess if your child is on the other side of the world that is where you would want to be(even if they are older)

I am sure there are times when everyone gets a bit homesick but it passes.

spalens wife
I can't believe the son what was he thinking of leaving Oz for bloody Thurrock which is a dump. I know he had a girlfreind but didn't anyone tell him about all the Swedish backpackers
Old Apr 7th 2005, 6:49 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
No

We have had our visa for a year and are not planning to go for quite a while yet.

I like living in the UK.

Not everybody who emigrates does it because they dislike the UK.

G
But it'a alright for you, as you live on craggy island
Old Apr 7th 2005, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

While we were enduring the countdown to fly to Oz we went through the same set of emotions - just couldn't wait to get away.

I have to say we love it here in Brisbane and have no regrets at all.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 7:01 pm
Banned

djdutts is on a distinguished road

Can't bloody wait!

As soon as we get out of here, the better! The minute we finally get our visas, we'll be on a plane.

Yippee!
Old Apr 7th 2005, 7:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Hello everybody

Theresa

Hi Thersa, I guess we are like you want to go NOW!!!
We are getting more intolerant but I think thats down to so many things in our life at the moment subject to uncertainty, our lives are subect to so many other things falling right, visas, skills assess, house sale, then what or if to ship, will we gwt tickets in time.... and so it goes on maybe not in that order.

We like England, dont know if we are going for 'good' but know if we dont do this we are going to regret it for a long time. I think possibly a lot of things I might want to get away from will still be there in Oz but thats life.

Good Luck
Chris
Old Apr 7th 2005, 7:14 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

God, yes! Your life is on hold and you just want to get going. I'm not the most tolerant person at the best of times, but I'm finding the daily rat-run of driving to/from work is really starting to wind me up now, especially a*rse-creepers, as I call drivers who sit right on your bumper! Mind you, we're planning to go to Sydney where everyone drives right on each others tail, so no change there! I was sitting in the car in a queue of traffic the other morning, it was overcast, windy and pouring with rain, and I thought ' please God, just don't raise the bloody points before we get our application lodged.'

I so love 'Get a New Life'! Was Zena the woman who suffered from depression and her son came back to be with his girlfriend?

Nicky
Old Apr 7th 2005, 7:23 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Theresa,
Yes, can't wait! Our lives like many have been on hold for quite a while now. We even put house on the market before we applied for visa knowing we had rellies that we could stay with. We now have visa and still can't go as we have not yet sold the house So until that day we are still playing the waiting game.
We were hoping to have started a family by now. No point doing it here as it would cause too many complications, we want to be working and settled in our new home before even considering having a baby. The way I'm going at 35 this birthday, when we eventually get round to starting a family, I'm going to be the oldest new mum on the block, :scared:
Sarah
Old Apr 7th 2005, 7:29 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

The way I'm going at 35 this birthday, when we eventually get round to starting a family, I'm going to be the oldest new mum on the block, :scared:
Sarah[/QUOTE]

No, sorry Sarah, I can beat you on this one. We are also waiting until we have settled in Oz before we start a family AND I'm already 35!

Nicky
Old Apr 7th 2005, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

We are not 'wanting to get away' from England as we love it here and are leaving behind 3 older children. We want to live and work in Oz to see if it suits us we are going with the idea of staying for 1 yr renting out our house here and renting a house out there if we like it we will continue to rent out our house here (pension fund) and perhaps buy a property in Oz eventually.

I know what you mean about the horrible kids that are about, we live in a reasonably nice area but it seems like mob rules! it was lucky the parents would talk to you my 14 yr old daughter had some trouble with a gang of girls it (inside and outside of school) and it was reported to the year head, the day after one of the girls involved AND HER FATHER attacked my daughter in the street. The police were called and charges pressed but we were told this is not an unusual situation, luckily this has had no long term effect on our daughter she knows she did nothing wrong

good luck in your new life
Old Apr 7th 2005, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Zena and Steve came back to UK after only 4 months. She just couldn't settle.

Theresa
Old Apr 7th 2005, 10:17 pm
jib
BE Enthusiast

jib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nice

Originally Posted by djdutts
Can't bloody wait!

As soon as we get out of here, the better! The minute we finally get our visas, we'll be on a plane.

Yippee!
Old Apr 7th 2005, 10:33 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
The way I'm going at 35 this birthday, when we eventually get round to starting a family, I'm going to be the oldest new mum on the block, :scared:
Sarah
No, sorry Sarah, I can beat you on this one. We are also waiting until we have settled in Oz before we start a family AND I'm already 35!

Nicky[/QUOTE]

this is my huge dilema at the moment also!! we already have two daughters but with 5 year gaps because well ... sometimes it aint as easy as you think!!! now i am desperate for more children but do i wait or try now whil i still can - im 35. our daughters are 9 and 4 so we are at 5 years again!! added to this, we are only at TRA information gathering stage!!!! groan

as for wanting to go now - well the election doesnt help matters does it with each party highlighting how crap everything is or could be!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.