Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

We've got a job!!

We've got a job!!

Old Nov 26th 2008, 7:20 am

Howard Jenings is an unknown quantity at this point
Default We've got a job!!

My husband got offered a job this morning in Geraldton starting in Feb 2009, it was totally out of the blue. We sent in a CV to Smart Teachers in October and had a phone call last Thursday to say they had a job for him, he had 2 telephone interviews on Monday and Tuesday with various people at the school and then today he got the magic phonecall!!
I have gone into panic stations as there is so much to do in 8 weeks including selling the house!! HELP!!
Old Nov 26th 2008, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: We've got a job!!

Originally Posted by Howard Jenings
My husband got offered a job this morning in Geraldton starting in Feb 2009, it was totally out of the blue. We sent in a CV to Smart Teachers in October and had a phone call last Thursday to say they had a job for him, he had 2 telephone interviews on Monday and Tuesday with various people at the school and then today he got the magic phonecall!!
I have gone into panic stations as there is so much to do in 8 weeks including selling the house!! HELP!!
Congrats- Smart teachers are good aren't they, they got me a job before we came out aswell.

Hope you enjoy the move, and try not to panic
Old Nov 26th 2008, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Well done....exciting/scary 8 weeks for you then!
Old Nov 26th 2008, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,
we are in Geraldton.
Is it a teaching job then? What school, as we know people in the high school and hubby works in one of the Primary.

Geraldton is nice town, and right on the coast.

Gems
Old Nov 26th 2008, 9:20 am

Howard Jenings is an unknown quantity at this point

It's at Nagle Catholic College - hopefully is it as good as it seems!! Would you have any ideas on decent primary schools as we have a 7 Year old Son.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Nagle is very good, my son is in Year 11 (Year 12 in Feb).

Its very good school, with boarding. Yes as good as it seams, as my son is academic and doing very well. Kids come from town and all over this area.

You have hit lucky with this school, as some OZ state teachers often swap over to this school if they can. Kids are well behaved and huge waiting list for this school.

Write a couple of more posts, and I can pm you with more info on Geraldton etc.

Gems
Old Nov 26th 2008, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Are you looking for State or Private fee paying schools?

Geraldton Primary and Tarcoola are the best state primary with good results and behaviour.
Otherwise one of the Catholic fee paying schools would be ok, fees cheap.
Or Geraldton Grammer but fees for this one are pretty high.

Gems
Old Nov 27th 2008, 6:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Capt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Howard Jenings
Hey thinks for that - just sent my CV - also it asked to put someone in a draw for a trip to NY - so I put your user name down - hope you didnt mind