Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

We've finally sent it......!!!!

We've finally sent it......!!!!

Old Apr 29th 2005, 11:45 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute
Talking We've finally sent it......!!!!

DHL courier has just collected our application - poor bloke quite clearly thought Other Half and I were abit potty as we were grinning inanely at him whilst we filled out the shipping bill and, as he left, I told him our lives (literally) were in his hands!

I know you'll all understand when I say we feel the most enormous sense of relief to finally have got the application finished and sent off, as well as the wonderful feeling that our dream is one step closer to becoming a reality.

So I know this is only the start, but it's taken us a long time to get here, so we're cracking open a bottle of bubbly tonight to celebrate - and we're also going to raise a toast to all our fellow forumers who have also lodged their apps this week, to Fabie, Badri and all the others who have had the best news of all this week, and to Nikki & Peter, Stubbs and Debilloyd, fellow 138ers who are slowly being driven mad in the twillight zone of waiting (may you hear soon, guys!) - may our dreams come true!

Have a good weekend all.

Nicky
Old Apr 29th 2005, 11:47 am
blossom

Default Re: We've finally sent it......!!!!

Good luck to you both, and hope your visa wings its way to you very quickly.

Sending you both karma.

Blossom

Old Apr 29th 2005, 12:29 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: We've finally sent it......!!!!

Good luck with the application.

R.
Old Apr 29th 2005, 8:12 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck with your app, start twidling your thumbs .......................

Now.
Old Apr 29th 2005, 8:26 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoy the bubbly and relax for a bit.
Old Apr 29th 2005, 8:29 pm
Pam
Forum Regular

Pam is a jewel in the roughPam is a jewel in the roughPam is a jewel in the roughPam is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: We've finally sent it......!!!!

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
DHL courier has just collected our application - poor bloke quite clearly thought Other Half and I were abit potty as we were grinning inanely at him whilst we filled out the shipping bill and, as he left, I told him our lives (literally) were in his hands!

I know you'll all understand when I say we feel the most enormous sense of relief to finally have got the application finished and sent off, as well as the wonderful feeling that our dream is one step closer to becoming a reality.

So I know this is only the start, but it's taken us a long time to get here, so we're cracking open a bottle of bubbly tonight to celebrate - and we're also going to raise a toast to all our fellow forumers who have also lodged their apps this week, to Fabie, Badri and all the others who have had the best news of all this week, and to Nikki & Peter, Stubbs and Debilloyd, fellow 138ers who are slowly being driven mad in the twillight zone of waiting (may you hear soon, guys!) - may our dreams come true!

Have a good weekend all.

Nicky
We are also celebrating! I have just been notified that my Skills Assesment has been successful! Bit scary, but we are really positive and hope to move to Perth next year!!
Old Apr 29th 2005, 8:51 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pam
We are also celebrating! I have just been notified that my Skills Assesment has been successful! Bit scary, but we are really positive and hope to move to Perth next year!!
Congrats on that. Hard part over.
Old Apr 29th 2005, 8:52 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Sent you some good luck k to help you get a successful result
Old Apr 29th 2005, 8:54 pm
Pam
Forum Regular

Pam is a jewel in the roughPam is a jewel in the roughPam is a jewel in the roughPam is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by wmoore
Congrats on that. Hard part over.
If that was the hard part - it's even more scary!! I thought it would take 10-12 weeks - it actually took 11 days!!
Agent is ready and waiting to apply for Visa - but we need time to catch our breath! We are hoping to go on a reccy next Easter - but may be Xmas at this rate!
Old Apr 29th 2005, 8:57 pm
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by Pam
If that was the hard part - it's even more scary!! I thought it would take 10-12 weeks - it actually took 11 days!!
Agent is ready and waiting to apply for Visa - but we need time to catch our breath! We are hoping to go on a reccy next Easter - but may be Xmas at this rate!
11 days? Wow!

The way visa applications are going, you will have the option of going way before Christmas, all being well. The process is only taking 3-4 months for most peeps at the moment.
Old Apr 29th 2005, 8:58 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

The process is only taking 3-4 months for most peeps at the moment.

Grrrrrr
Old Apr 29th 2005, 8:59 pm
Pam
Forum Regular

11 days? Wow!

The way visa applications are going, you will have the option of going way before Christmas, all being well. The process is only taking 3-4 months for most peeps at the moment.
Gulp!! We really want to go - but suddeny it's becoming too real! What stage are you at?
Old Apr 29th 2005, 9:03 pm
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by fraser
Grrrrrr
Unless you're Fraser
Old Apr 29th 2005, 9:04 pm
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by Pam
Gulp!! We really want to go - but suddeny it's becoming too real! What stage are you at?
Had medicals the other day (not yet requested). We're hoping to be away in June or July.
Old Apr 29th 2005, 10:49 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't even started yet and I'm getting worried about how quick these

visas are coming through! :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.