Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

We've finally chosen Eagle Relocations

We've finally chosen Eagle Relocations

Old Jun 1st 2005, 5:19 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute
Default We've finally chosen Eagle Relocations

Hi all, we've finally decided to use Eagle as our shipping company, so before we commit to them can anyone with any bad experience of using them put me off before the weekend.
We'd narrowed it down to 2 companys but have managed to barter Eagle down further than the other company so it got the winning vote.
Our quote stands at £2600. It is for 2/3rds of a 20' container. We're packing but they're providing all packaging and they're loading it. It includes all the fees this end, taking through customs at Brisbane and delivery and unloading into my sis-in-laws in Mooloolah on the Sunshine Coast. It was an additional £130 for them to unpack but that's not needed as my sis-in-law is only storing it while we find a house on the Gold Coast.
The only things not included in the quote are any fees we may get from quarantine in Oz and insurance.
We haven't given them a removal date, only that it'll be on a Tuesday (as that's my day off).
We don't actually have our visas yet but we want everything in order so that when we do get them we can just up and go without having more things to look up and sort out.
They are allowing us to put down a £200 deposit then we can let them know when we have our visas so we can sort out a date, the quote they've given us will not alter for 12 months after we pay the deposit, and yes they have given us this guarantee in writing. After recieving the deposit they'll let us have whatever packaging we require free of charge.
Sounds alright to us, what about you?
Marie
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

tracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: We've finally chosen Eagle Relocations

Originally Posted by 68MEVY
Hi all, we've finally decided to use Eagle as our shipping company, so before we commit to them can anyone with any bad experience of using them put me off before the weekend.
We'd narrowed it down to 2 companys but have managed to barter Eagle down further than the other company so it got the winning vote.
Our quote stands at £2600. It is for 2/3rds of a 20' container. We're packing but they're providing all packaging and they're loading it. It includes all the fees this end, taking through customs at Brisbane and delivery and unloading into my sis-in-laws in Mooloolah on the Sunshine Coast. It was an additional £130 for them to unpack but that's not needed as my sis-in-law is only storing it while we find a house on the Gold Coast.
The only things not included in the quote are any fees we may get from quarantine in Oz and insurance.
We haven't given them a removal date, only that it'll be on a Tuesday (as that's my day off).
We don't actually have our visas yet but we want everything in order so that when we do get them we can just up and go without having more things to look up and sort out.
They are allowing us to put down a £200 deposit then we can let them know when we have our visas so we can sort out a date, the quote they've given us will not alter for 12 months after we pay the deposit, and yes they have given us this guarantee in writing. After recieving the deposit they'll let us have whatever packaging we require free of charge.
Marie
Hi Marie
We've decided on Eagle too. We have our visas and were just waiting on selling the house. We accepted a cash offer at the weekend and they want to complete the first week of July, so if all goes to plan this is when we are going to Perth. As soon as contracts are exchanged we will be able to arrange a definate date (spoke to Onkar a couple of days ago to provisionally book them). Will be sending them their deposit today, and hopefully recieve some packing stuff from them soon so that we can make a start.

Keep an eye out for postings from Stormz as they've just packed his stuff. I spoke to him the other day and he said so far they've been good.

Good luck with getting your visas, hope you get them real soon.

Tracy
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 7:24 am
BE Enthusiast

JohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond repute

Marie
Hi Marie,

Might be a bit of a dumb question, but if you're packing yourself then how do you get yourself insured? We have our belongings all over the place because we have just been through 2 house moves (in the UK), so it would be far better for us to pack ourselves. I already have tons of inventories for all our stuff. But PSS told us that they wouldn't insure unless they packed and boxed everything themselves. Would be very grateful for a reply. Thank-you

Netta
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 7:44 am
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JohnAndNetta
Hi Marie,

Might be a bit of a dumb question, but if you're packing yourself then how do you get yourself insured? We have our belongings all over the place because we have just been through 2 house moves (in the UK), so it would be far better for us to pack ourselves. I already have tons of inventories for all our stuff. But PSS told us that they wouldn't insure unless they packed and boxed everything themselves. Would be very grateful for a reply. Thank-you

Netta
Hi Netta, you can still get insurance just not for breakages, and to be honest we have nothing that would be easily broken as things like that we're selling at the moment.
We can get insured for things like loss, the ship sinking, the ship breaking down so our container has to be moved to another, our container falling off the ship etc........
Important things such as our wedding photos and Libbys baby photos and a couple of other sentimental items will be going in our hand luggage but they could never be replaced even with complete insurance cover.
We trust our own packing, moved twice with no breakages and my husband and a friend of his used to import stuff about 10 years ago so has seen alot of how things are packed safely.
Marie
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

task is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nice

Hello tracyd.
sorry to sneak in on this thread but we too are looking at relocating to Perth from the north east.Its along way off,just sent our transcripts to oz.
If you don't mind would you be so kind to send us some info on EAGLE eg cost,who to contact etc etc.
good luck with the move,take care TASK...
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

JohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Netta, you can still get insurance just not for breakages, and to be honest we have nothing that would be easily broken as things like that we're selling at the moment.
We can get insured for things like loss, the ship sinking, the ship breaking down so our container has to be moved to another, our container falling off the ship etc........
Important things such as our wedding photos and Libbys baby photos and a couple of other sentimental items will be going in our hand luggage but they could never be replaced even with complete insurance cover.
We trust our own packing, moved twice with no breakages and my husband and a friend of his used to import stuff about 10 years ago so has seen alot of how things are packed safely.
Marie
Thanks for the info Marie.
can you send me the contact details for Eagle? - when I do a search on the Internet, there's quite a few references, but not all the same shipping company. Many thanks

Netta
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

tracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by task
Hello tracyd.
sorry to sneak in on this thread but we too are looking at relocating to Perth from the north east.Its along way off,just sent our transcripts to oz.
If you don't mind would you be so kind to send us some info on EAGLE eg cost,who to contact etc etc.
good luck with the move,take care TASK...
Hi Task
The person to contact is Onkar Sharma, tel: 01473 832700.

Our quote was for a sole use 20ft container, Hampshire, UK to Perth. Eagle doing all the packing, loading and providing all packing materials etc, delivery to Perth address. This came out at just over £3000. Onkar has been very helpful and was willing to discuss our quote with us, and seems happy to suggest other options that can keep the costs down, such as sharing a container, packing some stuff ourselves.

Each quote would be individual as it depends on not only how much stuff you're moving but also what kind of stuff you're moving.

It's definately worth giving him a call.

Good luck with getting your visas and hope everything goes smoothly for you.

Tracy
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

task is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nice

Cheers Tracyd we will give them a ring.TASK..
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 5:57 pm
GC family day carer

Originally Posted by JohnAndNetta
Thanks for the info Marie.
can you send me the contact details for Eagle? - when I do a search on the Internet, there's quite a few references, but not all the same shipping company. Many thanks

Netta

Hi there,
We've been dealing with Viv Sharma who is the companys director.
Tel: 01473 832700
Email: [email protected]
She's full of extremely useful information and always answer questions throughly.
Well worth cotacting.
Marie