Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

We've completed!

We've completed!

Old Aug 18th 2006, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

Silky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of light
Default We've completed!

Well, at long last we've completed on our property and are officially homeless! Completion went through on Weds afternoon, everything was packed Mon/Tues and the packers were excellent - so good they packed absolutely everything including some documents I forgot to tell them not to pack! My only cock up has been to forget to take out my car reg/mot/service documents so am having to get these re-issued (oopsey!).

We've booked our flights for 29th August with Cathay!

Our moggies won't be flying until 3rd Oct due to the problems at Sydney quarantine, so they arrive in the country on the 5th and start their 30 days from then, so we plan on driving the 5hrs to visit them and make sure they're ok after their journey.

Good luck to those of you who are waiting for completion!

Best wishes,

Sara
Old Aug 18th 2006, 9:22 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of
Default Re: We've completed!

Originally Posted by Silky Chicken
Well, at long last we've completed on our property and are officially homeless! Completion went through on Weds afternoon, everything was packed Mon/Tues and the packers were excellent - so good they packed absolutely everything including some documents I forgot to tell them not to pack! My only cock up has been to forget to take out my car reg/mot/service documents so am having to get these re-issued (oopsey!).

Our moggies won't be flying until 3rd Oct due to the problems at Sydney quarantine, so they arrive in the country on the 5th and start their 30 days from then, so we plan on driving the 5hrs to visit them and make sure they're ok after their journey.

Best wishes,

Sara
Congratulations! We move out today and over to my Mums for 3 weeks. John Mason are finishing the packing and have been excellent so far.

We should complete on Monday then it's all last minute thingts until we fly Emirates to Perth on 13th Sep.

Our moggies are already in the cattery and don't fly until 9th November due to the waiting list at Perth quarantine but it'll be an early Christmas present when we get them back.

Good luck!
Old Aug 18th 2006, 9:57 am
love the life i live

Mysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Silky Chicken

Best wishes,

Sara
All the very best to you both
Old Aug 18th 2006, 10:05 am
Sunshine Coast -Yeepee!!

Vernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond repute

That is great news
We are still waiting to complete and are majorly panicing! We have John Mason booked for the 30th and 31st August and are booked on a flight on the 6th! and we haven't completed yet!! Solicitor thinks exchange should happen soon (ahhhhhhhhhhhh) and we are'aiming for the 1st'. As I am sure you can imagine we are bricking it as we will have no jobs as of next week (I have already finished as I am a teacher), and no belongings as of the week after. We have decided if it doesn't go quite to plan we are still going to fly out and just hope for the best!!!
Old Aug 18th 2006, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

Silky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Vernons
That is great news
We are still waiting to complete and are majorly panicing! We have John Mason booked for the 30th and 31st August and are booked on a flight on the 6th! and we haven't completed yet!! Solicitor thinks exchange should happen soon (ahhhhhhhhhhhh) and we are'aiming for the 1st'. As I am sure you can imagine we are bricking it as we will have no jobs as of next week (I have already finished as I am a teacher), and no belongings as of the week after. We have decided if it doesn't go quite to plan we are still going to fly out and just hope for the best!!!
I know exactly how you are feeling, we had an exchange that dragged on 3 weeks longer than it should have, it's all so stressful when you have so much riding on the completion of your property, after that it's plain sailing! Sending positive vibes for your completion and best of luck/wishes with everything!

Sara