Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

We've booked it!

We've booked it!

Old Aug 25th 2006, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Mochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond repute
Default We've booked it!

Thank you for all your help and advice over the last few days.

Yesterday OH and I booked our flights. We're going out on the 23rd Dec from B'ham to Dubai. We're spending christmas there and then flying on to Perth for New Years eve. We also added an internal flight from Perth to Alice Springs so that we can see Ayres Rock etc.

We decided not to book anything beyond that as we can't decided where to visit next! Was going to down to Adelaide on the Oz Experience but am now tempted to have a wander around south Queensland as it sounds like such a nice place to live; after all the adventure is partly to find out where we want to settle!

We'll just have to decide when we get there. All that's left for us to do (concerning travel) is to book accommodation in both cities and Alice Springs.

Can I ask which movers you used? The Visa Bureau recommended one to us who are going to give us a quote but I'm sure I it might be wise to get more than one!
How does it work do they charge you per box (one website said around £90 for a tea chest) or do they do it by space you take up, shove it all in a big container and take it away??

Any advice would be ggratefullyrreceived Because we're moving around and not settling straight away we're not going to have the 40KG luggage allowance so we've missed out a little bit there. We certainly didn't want to carry our entire wardrobes et. al. around with us!