Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

We've been selected!!!

We've been selected!!!

Old May 26th 2004, 1:36 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds promising Pollster; have you made it up with Himself yet?
Michaela, we must have a drink somewhere tomorrow night to celebrate for Pollster (got an excuse now!!!)
Old May 26th 2004, 2:18 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollyana
Sounds promising Pollster; have you made it up with Himself yet?
Michaela, we must have a drink somewhere tomorrow night to celebrate for Pollster (got an excuse now!!!)
Like you need one
Old May 26th 2004, 2:58 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mcmercer
Congrats Pollster, have no idea what it means really, even after the explanations, but if you're celebrating then we'll join in too

LOL!!! Ditto....But any excuse for booze, eh, so get celebrating!
Old May 26th 2004, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

ecando will become famous soon enoughecando will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by wmoore
No, EOI is the first step. Basically you register an Expression Of Interest, by filling in some forms and laying out a small amount of cash (about £100?). Every few weeks, NZIS cream off the top few (points-wise) from the EOIs they have and invite you to apply for the PR visa proper. You may have seen that the points tally changes every fortnight or so with NZ applications, this is because(as I said ) they cream off a certain percentage from the top of the pile.
I think this is about right, I'm sure I'll be corrected if it isn't
surfer chick ... wmoore why am I confused??? Am I getting NZ process mixed up with that for Oz? Or is Oz the same??

Old May 26th 2004, 3:55 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Great news, Pollster. Good luck to you. I'm sure hubbie will soon be creeping around you to make up.

All the Best
Sarah
Old May 26th 2004, 4:43 pm
Drowning Member

Surfer Chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ecando

The EOI system is new, and the old one General Skills Migrant was still different to OZ. When I'm on this site I read the postings from people going to OZ and it seems a very different system.
Old May 26th 2004, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

ecando will become famous soon enoughecando will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Surfer Chick
Hi Ecando

The EOI system is new, and the old one General Skills Migrant was still different to OZ. When I'm on this site I read the postings from people going to OZ and it seems a very different system.
Hi Surfer Chick ... embarressment all round here ... yep ... I read the post and immediately thought od the Oz process .... apologies to all for the wrong details in the post ...
me bad!
Old May 26th 2004, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

nell m is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done Polly! - I wish I had half your luck - Do you think there'd be any problems posting that CD to you, as I may not be there for a while?
Old May 26th 2004, 9:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Great news! It all sounds a bit complicated, but looks like you have come up trumps

Go kiss and make up.
Old May 27th 2004, 9:54 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Surfer Chick has got it right with the process, if anyone is confused, except the selection is every two weeks at the moment.

So we should be in!

And the row has been made up (they always are and he always says sorry first because I can sulk and bear a grudge longer than Mr Pollster!) so beers have been sunk to celebrate!

Nell M - Mr P has found his DVD at the Warehouse so thanks but no need now - unless you have already bought it in which case PM me quick before he goes and buys it again!

Micheala and Polly - have a good night out for us!! wish I could join you!
Old May 27th 2004, 10:50 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

We'll raise a toast to you Pollster, you're really going to have to make it over here one of these days
Old May 27th 2004, 10:56 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Pollster they are all celebrating on the other site too, congratulations to you