Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

We've arrived!!!! rental req'd gold coast

We've arrived!!!! rental req'd gold coast

Old Oct 19th 2007, 12:55 am
Forum Regular

micnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the rough
Default We've arrived!!!! rental req'd gold coast

Hi

We arrived on Tuesday. YIPPEEEEEEEEE

Have started the arduous task of looking for a rental - need 3, preferably 4 beds and ideally a swimming pool. Will consider any part of Gold Coast.

Do any of you know of any coming on the market in the near future????

I know it's a long shot but nevertheless worth asking!!!!

To all of you going to the Gold coast meet - looking forward to meeting you all
Old Oct 19th 2007, 1:02 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Re: We've arrived!!!! rental req'd gold coast

Originally Posted by micnic
Hi

Have started the arduous task of looking for a rental - need 3, preferably 4 beds and ideally a swimming pool. Will consider any part of Gold Coast.

Welcome to the GC Mic
Have you thought about what area you want to move to? nIf you have kids you will need to consider the schools in the area.

Have a look in the GC bulletin on saturday as they have loads of rentals in the real estate pullout.
Good luck
Debs
Old Oct 19th 2007, 1:27 am
Forum Regular

peast01 is on a distinguished road

Hi

Hi there

We have a loverly four bedroom rental we are due to move out of in four weeks. We live in a place called coomera waters which is a great place for kids, it has a marina, lake, rec club etc etc. whilst there is no pool on the house there is two in the estate that are just for residents use. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions
Old Oct 19th 2007, 3:28 am
Just Joined

gibbsy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by peast01
Hi there

We have a loverly four bedroom rental we are due to move out of in four weeks. We live in a place called coomera waters which is a great place for kids, it has a marina, lake, rec club etc etc. whilst there is no pool on the house there is two in the estate that are just for residents use. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions
Hi there, we have been in OZ for 4 weeks now and at the moment in Coolangatta, but looking for a rental from 2nd December, could you give me more details at all? Thanks
Old Oct 19th 2007, 6:00 am
Enjoying the good life!

SarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by gibbsy
Hi there, we have been in OZ for 4 weeks now and at the moment in Coolangatta, but looking for a rental from 2nd December, could you give me more details at all? Thanks

I know of a 3 bed apartment overlooking the sea Near Wynnum, and a 3 bed lowset with pool in Wellington Point. Pm me for more details.
Old Oct 19th 2007, 8:02 am
Just Joined

gibbsy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Shortlets
I know of a 3 bed apartment overlooking the sea Near Wynnum, and a 3 bed lowset with pool in Wellington Point. Pm me for more details.
Hi thanks for that, we are looking for something around Coomera?
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 11:37 pm
Enjoying the good life!

SarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud of

Hi did you find anything?...would be a good idea to post on here what you found and for how much in waht areas so other readers can see......Good luck if your still looking.
Old Nov 30th 2007, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

micnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the rough

Hi

sorry haven't been able to post for a while - we were in between accomodation with no internet access.

we did find a rental - a 4 bed house with a pool - $500 pw in Burleigh Waters. the house is really great we have been very lucky.

there were 15 applications on the house!!!!! We managed to pip the others to the post by having all our documentation copied in a folder and ready to submit with the application immediately after the viewing. the agent was very impressed!.

I have to say, it is a good job this house came good as there were only two others that we were really interested in and both failed to reach the market for rental for one reason or another.

Good luck to anyone hunting for a rental - don't lose heart - keep pestering the agents daily! It's the only way to get any info. If i had not phoned daily we would have missed the inspection day for the house we are now in as although the agents say they will get back to you - THEY NEVER DO!!!!!

Nicky
Old Nov 30th 2007, 6:05 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats. Burleigh Waters is lovely. You can change your location now. Only been to Portsmouth once but I think BW is a bit nicer. Did you sort out the school situation ?
Old Nov 30th 2007, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

thanks!

One visit to portsmouth is one too many! We lived in the suburbs of course!

Yes school is all sorted. Abigail has just finished her second week at Varsity College - even though we are out of catchment they offered her a place. she has been put up a grade - we are meeting the teacher on monday to see if she'll stay up or start off the new year in her proper age year.

We are truly loving burleigh waters.

Hope to make some plans soon for coffee meets now that we are just about settled!

Nicky x
Old Nov 30th 2007, 6:59 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks!

One visit to portsmouth is one too many! We lived in the suburbs of course!

Yes school is all sorted. Abigail has just finished her second week at Varsity College - even though we are out of catchment they offered her a place. she has been put up a grade - we are meeting the teacher on monday to see if she'll stay up or start off the new year in her proper age year.

We are truly loving burleigh waters.

Hope to make some plans soon for coffee meets now that we are just about settled!

Nicky x
That's good. Does your Abigail like being called Abigail. Mine hates it big time. Mind you so do I
Old Nov 30th 2007, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

I think she quite likes it - she also likes Abbie and tells me that it depends who is talking to her as to what she likes to be called! Habit with us to call her abigail. I'm sure when she's a bit older it will be just Abbie.