British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   We've arrived (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/weve-arrived-129383/)

DianeOZ Jan 28th 2003 11:09 pm

We've arrived

Hi all

Not been on this site for about 4 months due to selling the house and putting stuff in storage before we arrived out here last week.
We have arrived in Perth and all is going okay so far. Was just wondering if anyone knows whats happened to Jo & Paul Richardson as we lost touch when their stuff was shipped out then our stuff!! Also is the barbie still on for all the new Perth arrivals?
If anyone has any questions I'll try and answer to the best of my ability. Which after consuming all this cheap wine, may not be very high!!!
If there are any Perthy people out there who have got any tips for us then that would be good too. The kids are driving me insane already so any excuse to meet up with anyone would suit me fine.

Cheers
Diane (who is not yet used to being a full-time mum!!)

:beer:

Perthguy Jan 29th 2003 12:42 am

Re: We've arrived

Originally posted by DianeOZ
Hi all

Not been on this site for about 4 months due to selling the house and putting stuff in storage before we arrived out here last week.
We have arrived in Perth and all is going okay so far. Was just wondering if anyone knows whats happened to Jo & Paul Richardson as we lost touch when their stuff was shipped out then our stuff!! Also is the barbie still on for all the new Perth arrivals?
If anyone has any questions I'll try and answer to the best of my ability. Which after consuming all this cheap wine, may not be very high!!!
If there are any Perthy people out there who have got any tips for us then that would be good too. The kids are driving me insane already so any excuse to meet up with anyone would suit me fine.

Cheers

Which suburb are you staying in Diane??

DianeOZ Jan 29th 2003 7:18 am

Hi Perthguy. In Kinross at the minute staying with rellies but moving up to Clarkson in a few weeks. And please don't anyone bother giving me "advice" on how dodgy Clarkson is. As far as I'm concerned everywhere has got it's own little dodgy bit. If it's that bad we can always move.

Cheers
Diane:p

Anon E Mouse Jan 29th 2003 7:18 am

Re: We've arrived

Hi all

Cheers

Hi Diane,

We arrived in Freo a few weeks back - there's plenty of us Perth expats lurking on here :)

As for the kids, try the WA Museum / Gallery in Northbridge - it's free! Or Perth Zoo (it's pretty cool and if you havent been able to pet a roo yet, well worth the visit) Then there's picnics at the beach (my fav!) or a stroll in Kings Park - all fun fun fun.

Feel free to email if you like.

Mouse.

yvsie Jan 29th 2003 9:39 am

Hi,
I have Jo and Paul's telephone number if you want to email me..
They're not online as their computer is broken ..hopefully they will be soon.
Theyre ok setting reasonably well...theyre in Hillarys ..so not far from you either and Jo is at home too so maybe you could meet up.... Im sure she would like that.

email me if you want their number..

sophia Jan 29th 2003 11:00 am

Hi Diane

As Anon E Mouse said, there are plenty of us lurking around Perth. We've already met up a few times now, and Jo and Paul are doing good, we're in regular contact and we see quite a bit of one another.

We all had a trip to Perth Zoo for the night tours last week, I think the adults had just as much fun as the kids!!

If you want to email me directly I will let you know when we're planning another get together (or we could meet up sooner?)

Hope it's going well.

love sophia xx

JustArrived Jan 30th 2003 5:17 am

Hi DianeOZ,

Don't know how old your children are but, close to you, Mindarie beach on the south side of the marina seems good for bodyboarding while Quinns has a nice sandy beach. I think the nearest place to easily see kangeroos is at dusk in the lakeside park in Joondalup not far from the library (sorry, forgot the name). They seem to be semi-tame as you can get quite close to them. If you want to see koalas and wild kangeroos then try the state park (sorry, forgot the name of that as well) a few kms north up Wanneroo Road. Spending an hour or two wandering around Hillary's Boat Harbour is also worth a try. There's an aquarium there which is good but seem to remember it was a bit expensive.

pommie bastard Jan 30th 2003 6:48 am

Hi Perthguy. In Kinross at the minute staying with rellies but moving up to Clarkson in a few weeks. And please don't anyone bother giving me "advice" on how dodgy Clarkson is. As far as I'm concerned everywhere has got it's own little dodgy bit. If it's that bad we can always move.

Cheers
Diane:p
Clarkson is improving and the train should be there soon ,but also a lot of homes west houses there .
If you settle in Clarkson most places you move to will be a move up, its a good starting point you might even get Aussies living next door to you.

:D :cool: :beer: