Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

we've accepted offer on our house...

we've accepted offer on our house...

Old Nov 3rd 2006, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute
Default we've accepted offer on our house...

We've accepted an offer on our house, cant believe it, we were going to take it off the market at the end of October, as we were getting really silly offers, and we thought we might as well stay until our eldest finishes he's A'Level.
We get phone call from the EA on the 30 of Oct that the couple who has seen the house love it so much, they are cash buyers, not only that they want to pay for the agent & the solicitor fees, so they can move in quickly, but the EA think nothing would be happening during the December month because solicitor take a month off (how lucky they are) knew hubby was in the wrong business.
Can anybody tell us which shipping company was the best to go for.
And where did you get their numbers from through internet, I dont where to start from.
So we will be there for the Aussie summer so excited.
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 3:08 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: we've accepted offer on our house...

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
We've accepted an offer on our house, cant believe it, we were going to take it off the market at the end of October, as we were getting really silly offers, and we thought we might as well stay until our eldest finishes he's A'Level.
We get phone call from the EA on the 30 of Oct that the couple who has seen the house love it so much, they are cash buyers, not only that they want to pay for the agent & the solicitor fees, so they can move in quickly, but the EA think nothing would be happening during the December month because solicitor take a month off (how lucky they are) knew hubby was in the wrong business.
And where did you get their numbers from through internet, I dont where to start from.

OMG!!

how exciting

CONGRATULATIONS
i hope it all goes well for you
youll soon be there

jan xx
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robos
OMG!!

how exciting

CONGRATULATIONS
i hope it all goes well for you
youll soon be there

jan xx
Thanks Jan, it is really weird feeling, I'm almost numb with happiness.
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 6:38 pm
P64
Just Joined

P64 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
Congrats!!! my sister moved over if last Feb and went with Pickfords, she had 3 quotes and they were the best.

They packed eveything, took beds down the lot. Then they put everything back together at the other end. She couldn't praise them enough, so much so when we go (fingers crossed we get the visa) we'll be using them.

Unfortunately don't have the number to hand,but I'm sure if you do a search on google or the likes, something will come up.

Good luck with the move and your new life!
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 6:50 pm
We're here in Brissie

Fionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really nice

Congratulations - It's a great feeling isn't it?

We have used Whites though I can't tell you the end result yet the guys that came to pack everything up were excellent. Left stuff like the bed and kitchen stuff untill the next day when the container arrived. In fact they had everything in the kitchen pact apart from enough cups a spoon and the kettle until the very last minute. They like their tea and coffee and who can blame them!!

Heres a list of others. John Masons come highly recommended and anglo Pacific (or pathetic as they are known on here) aren't.

If you do a search on here you'll find loads of info.

John Mason
Excess International
Crown
Doree Bonner
PSS
Excess
Allied Pickford's
Anglo Pacific
atlantic international movers

Then contacted DIY shippers;

Weshipupak

Freightworld

Letton Percival - 0151 236 4568 – Insurance used by most shippers. Normally cheaper than through the shipping companie.

Hope this helps
Fiona
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 8:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by P64
Congrats!!! my sister moved over if last Feb and went with Pickfords, she had 3 quotes and they were the best.

They packed eveything, took beds down the lot. Then they put everything back together at the other end. She couldn't praise them enough, so much so when we go (fingers crossed we get the visa) we'll be using them.

Unfortunately don't have the number to hand,but I'm sure if you do a search on google or the likes, something will come up.

Good luck with the move and your new life!

thank you so much for the reply, I hope your visa will be with you soon.
At the end we realise waiting for the visa to come was the easy part, selling the house was more of the headache, I think people have watched too many TV program about buying a house.
EA are the worse lot, but now we have new challenge sending off our stuff.
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Fionast
Congratulations - It's a great feeling isn't it?

We have used Whites though I can't tell you the end result yet the guys that came to pack everything up were excellent. Left stuff like the bed and kitchen stuff untill the next day when the container arrived. In fact they had everything in the kitchen pact apart from enough cups a spoon and the kettle until the very last minute. They like their tea and coffee and who can blame them!!

Heres a list of others. John Masons come highly recommended and anglo Pacific (or pathetic as they are known on here) aren't.

If you do a search on here you'll find loads of info.

John Mason
Excess International
Crown
Doree Bonner
PSS
Excess
Allied Pickford's
Anglo Pacific
atlantic international movers

Then contacted DIY shippers;

Weshipupak

Freightworld

Letton Percival - 0151 236 4568 – Insurance used by most shippers. Normally cheaper than through the shipping companie.

Hope this helps
Fiona

Thanks Fiona, I know what I'm doing tomorrow busy calling them to come and giving us a quote, I'm so excited, thanks again for taking the trouble, you've been more than helpful.

Farideh
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 9:52 pm
We're here in Brissie

Fionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really nice

No problem. Plenty of people on here have helped me so just giving back a little.

Fiona