Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

We've accepted offer

We've accepted offer

Old Sep 10th 2004, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough
Default We've accepted offer

Hi Guys

We've accepted offer on house and today they got back to agent and said they would like to exchange asap and complete on Nov 5th. Oh MY GOD!!! I feel elated and sick both at the same time. My "to do" list has grown threefold, my nerves have gone awol and I only have 8 weeks to book flights, shippers, see everyone, hand notice in and the billion other things you have to do when completely changing lives. My middle son still hasn't decided if he's coming with us. I have arranged to go out with my ex's wife to discuss things, as it is impossible to talk to ex, wish I done it ages ago.

I daren't book flights at least til exchange so this may only leave a couple of weeks. We are going via Florida, California and New Zealand before we land in Perth, do you think I'll manage to get the flights with just 2 weeks to spare (if that)?

How scary is this??????????????

Lindsey
Old Sep 10th 2004, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

Al H is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: We've accepted offer

Originally Posted by lindseyden
Hi Guys

We've accepted offer on house and today they got back to agent and said they would like to exchange asap and complete on Nov 5th. Oh MY GOD!!! I feel elated and sick both at the same time. My "to do" list has grown threefold, my nerves have gone awol and I only have 8 weeks to book flights, shippers, see everyone, hand notice in and the billion other things you have to do when completely changing lives. My middle son still hasn't decided if he's coming with us. I have arranged to go out with my ex's wife to discuss things, as it is impossible to talk to ex, wish I done it ages ago.

I daren't book flights at least til exchange so this may only leave a couple of weeks. We are going via Florida, California and New Zealand before we land in Perth, do you think I'll manage to get the flights with just 2 weeks to spare (if that)?

Lindsey

Congratulations on the house. Lots to do in the next few weeks, but I am sure you will manage it. I would have a look at flights now as it is a fairly complex route you are going and if you are staying for a while in each place you will start to get into the Xmas flights (start of December onwards). You might want to look at flying United or United/other Star alliance (eg Air NZ) as they certainly go to the places you are talking about. Whatever, you will get flights, but the price can change quite a lot if they start to fill up.

Alastair
Old Sep 10th 2004, 7:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

Congratulations. I have my fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly with the sale.

From Katie
Old Sep 10th 2004, 8:04 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys

Lindsey
Congrats & goodluck with everything
What do they say "where theres a will theres a way"!
Everything will fall into place im sure.
Donna.
Old Sep 10th 2004, 9:34 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

We've accepted offer on house
So which offer did you go with in the end Lindsey?
Old Sep 10th 2004, 9:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by wmoore
So which offer did you go with in the end Lindsey?

HI there

We went with number 2 as they had no chain and are willing and eager to move fast. Heart said no but the pull to Aus was much stronger.

Lindsey
Old Sep 10th 2004, 9:47 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

HI there

We went with number 2 as they had no chain and are willing and eager to move fast. Heart said no but the pull to Aus was much stronger.

Lindsey
Wise I reckon. November 5th eh? We'll be in Brisbane then, sadly on a return ticket. Fingers crossed for a smooth-house-selling-journey!
Old Sep 10th 2004, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wise I reckon. November 5th eh? We'll be in Brisbane then, sadly on a return ticket. Fingers crossed for a smooth-house-selling-journey!
Thanks a lot.

Are you on a validation trip or just a holiday.

Lindsey
Old Sep 10th 2004, 10:00 pm
What's happening dudes?

Thanks a lot.

Are you on a validation trip or just a holiday.

Lindsey
Just a hol. Well, a hol cum recce cum job-hunting trip. Hope to find some mug .. ahem .. reputable company to offer me a job and sponsor me
Old Sep 10th 2004, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just a hol. Well, a hol cum recce cum job-hunting trip. Hope to find some mug .. ahem .. reputable company to offer me a job and sponsor me
What do you do and why Brisbane??

No reason for asking other than curiosity, it's interesting why people pick certain areas.

Why did we pick Perth? Answer....I don't have a clue. LOL

Lindsey
Old Sep 10th 2004, 10:20 pm
What's happening dudes?

What do you do and why Brisbane??

No reason for asking other than curiosity, it's interesting why people pick certain areas.

Why did we pick Perth? Answer....I don't have a clue. LOL

Lindsey
I'm in IT Network / Systems Manager. We fancy Brisbane for much the same reason as you picked Perth! We're also heading to Melbourne on our trip, basically because I know there are way more IT jobs there.
Old Sep 10th 2004, 10:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

I'm in IT Network / Systems Manager. We fancy Brisbane for much the same reason as you picked Perth! We're also heading to Melbourne on our trip, basically because I know there are way more IT jobs there.
When do you go and when are you hoping to go permanently?

Good luck with it all and let me know how you get on.

Lindsey
Old Sep 10th 2004, 10:30 pm
What's happening dudes?

When do you go and when are you hoping to go permanently?

Good luck with it all and let me know how you get on.

Lindsey
Don't worry, it'll all be on here

We fly on 31st Oct for a couple of weeks (couldn't get any longer off work). If I can get a job, then we'll be off permanently soon after. Otherwise, it will be in about a years time (haven't started my app yet because I need to make up the work experience, which will take me to November). However, if I don't get a job this time, I'll probably try again early next year (Feb probably).
Old Sep 11th 2004, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Great news. Fingers crossed fopr a smooth and quick house sale.