Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Westpac bank info

Westpac bank info

Old Sep 29th 2009, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

JCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud of
Default Westpac bank info

Hey up

I joined westpac a few months ago from the uk!
Today i sent some money into the account,but couldnt view account due to be not registered as a online user!

They are asking for a account id and passowrd?
Is it a case of i have to ring them to activate a online viewing account?
Any info would be great

Thanks

jason
Old Sep 29th 2009, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

Elvis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Westpac bank info

I use westpac online banking, it will ask you for a customer number which you also use for telephone banking, if you haven't used either before then
you need to call them, they are 24 hours.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 11:04 am
BE Enthusiast

JCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud of

Rang a number but it keeps ringing out
Anyone point m ein the direction for full number for a uk call out please?

cheers
Old Sep 29th 2009, 11:30 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

(+61 2) 9293 9270
Old Sep 29th 2009, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks hutch,but still ringing out
They all @ the beach?
Old Sep 29th 2009, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the rough

Hi JC
We also bank with Westpac and you cant access or view your funds until you have actually been in the bank and had the online accounts setup, took us about 30-40 mins.

Hope this helps mate

Kev
Old Sep 29th 2009, 3:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cheers kev
Just seems like im sending money to a account that aint there,or even actually know if its going there
Suppose i better chillax about it and just waltz up to a branch in oz and prey money made it there
Old Sep 29th 2009, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the rough

No probs mate,
I was like that as well, kept thinking we were going to go to the bank and them tell us they had not received any money, or there had been a mix up but it was all fine.

Anyhow 7 weeks later and a full house to fill with furniture, there aint any money left to worry about

Good luck with the move

Kev
Old Sep 29th 2009, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JCSUPERMOTO
Cheers kev
Just seems like im sending money to a account that aint there,or even actually know if its going there
Suppose i better chillax about it and just waltz up to a branch in oz and prey money made it there
I sent money to our westpac account from the UK and couldn't register for online access like you so I rang the London number I had for them to make sure the money arrived. They were really helpful and gave me my balance, told me when it arrived and where from.
Old Sep 30th 2009, 2:10 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

I definitely successfully signed up for online banking before I got to Oz. The only thing I couldnt do was transfer money out of my account.
Old Sep 30th 2009, 3:15 am
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
I sent money to our westpac account from the UK and couldn't register for online access like you so I rang the London number I had for them to make sure the money arrived. They were really helpful and gave me my balance, told me when it arrived and where from.
I did this to, ring london during business hours they will help you out.
Old Sep 30th 2009, 8:14 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by JCSUPERMOTO
Thanks hutch,but still ringing out
They all @ the beach?
Think of the time difference it may be closed now. Not sure if its 24hr banking
Old Sep 30th 2009, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevncarlz
We also bank with Westpac and you cant view your funds until you have actually been in the bank and had the online accounts setup, took us about 30-40 mins.
That is not true.

We set up our Westpac account from the UK by telephone (using phone number +61 2 9293 9270). In the same phone call we set up internet banking and telephone banking.

And the internet banking worked the next day (i.e. I could log-on and see our $nil balance).

We didn't move to Australia until over a year after the account was set up. In the meantime we transferred some money into the account and I was able to keep an eye on it with internet banking .
Old Sep 30th 2009, 9:31 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Same here...we've got a Wespac e-saver & a current account. Both work just fine, though when we first set them up, we went into the branch in London with passports & stuff just to get them set up. Try giving them a ring at the London branch - ask for a guy called Johnathon who appears to deal with all the new migrant bank accounts