Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Westpac bank forms

Westpac bank forms

Old Aug 24th 2006, 5:28 pm
stuck in twilight

pike is on a distinguished road
Default Westpac bank forms

Hi could some kind person who has opend an account with west pack answer this question for me please.
Question
If Non Resident,deduct withholding Tax? yes/no
(Tick)no if exemption certificate held)

any imput will be helpfull
Old Aug 24th 2006, 5:45 pm
Tiny Member

tucs is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Westpac bank forms

Originally Posted by pike
Hi could some kind person who has opend an account with west pack answer this question for me please.
Question
If Non Resident,deduct withholding Tax? yes/no
(Tick)no if exemption certificate held)

any imput will be helpfull
Hi Pike, opened an account and all very simple. Even have banking online set up and i havnt verified the account yet.
guessing you are going to move over to Australia then you will be a resident so ignore the question.

Remember that as soon as you open the account it is $5 a month. Not a lot but keep it in mind if you will not be needing it for a while yet.
Also i transfered my money over no problems at all and you get a great interest return on your money
Old Aug 24th 2006, 5:53 pm
stuck in twilight

Thanks where heading east end of Nov,Did you use hifx to transfer your money thats who where using and they recommended opening the account with Westpac
Old Aug 24th 2006, 5:59 pm
Tiny Member

Thanks where heading east end of Nov,Did you use hifx to transfer your money thats who where using and they recommended opening the account with Westpac
i used HIFX and i have to say very good. no messing and very helpfull.
I did hear some bad things about HIFX but for me it was a very smooth transaction. The only issue i had was with my bank at home. As usual they sat on the money and didnt release it for a couple of days. when it was eventtualy released it went from HIFX to WestPac very quickly.
P.S the only reason i used westpac is because it was the only bank i could find that would let me open an account without being a resident.

maybe others know of some.
Old Aug 24th 2006, 6:06 pm
stuck in twilight

Originally Posted by tucs
i used HIFX and i have to say very good. no messing and very helpfull.
I did hear some bad things about HIFX but for me it was a very smooth transaction. The only issue i had was with my bank at home. As usual they sat on the money and didnt release it for a couple of days. when it was eventtualy released it went from HIFX to WestPac very quickly.
P.S the only reason i used westpac is because it was the only bank i could find that would let me open an account without being a resident.

maybe others know of some.

sounds like good service except from british banks but I have had my share of probs with uk banks
Old Aug 24th 2006, 6:10 pm
Tiny Member

sounds like good service except from british banks but I have had my share of probs with uk banks
worse than british banks, it was an irish bank.
incidently i have 5 bank accounts in different bank accounts in different countries. West pac pay by far the best interest rate.
Flip side means a crap mortgage rate but for savings its great
Old Aug 24th 2006, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

thomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to behold

I need help, totally thick. We are looking at opening westpac also, but just wondering why need hifx or transfer company and how it works, i thought the funds would be transfer into westpac account via our own bank or a cheque would be made out to them , told you i was thick.

sj
Old Aug 24th 2006, 9:32 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by thomas and sarahjayne
I need help, totally thick. We are looking at opening westpac also, but just wondering why need hifx or transfer company and how it works, i thought the funds would be transfer into westpac account via our own bank or a cheque would be made out to them , told you i was thick.

sj
you need to change you pounds into dollars....you can get this done at banks but they generally dont give as good rates as the transfer companies
and they charge you more
Old Aug 24th 2006, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

thomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by biggy
you need to change you pounds into dollars....you can get this done at banks but they generally dont give as good rates as the transfer companies
and they charge you more

oh right, aye grasped it now, okay.

thanks for info

sj