Reload this Page >

Westmead, Parramatta Info!!!!

Westmead, Parramatta Info!!!!

Old May 7th 2003, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

garywarby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Westmead, Parramatta Info!!!!

Hi,
I have had various posts recently, My partner is a radiographer and had been sponsored by a medical agency, however after being told that the agency was struggling to find work in Brisbane or indeed anywhere we have changed direction slightly.
Another job offer has come to the fore! A childrens hospital in Parramatta has offered us sponsorship, subject to interview!

Has anyone got any views, or is anyone living in Parramatta, housing (rentals and general info would be fantastic!
Please help!

We are going to transfer our visa, the Staff Service at the hospital has told us this is possible, and we can travel on our existing Visa as long as Clare does not work until the 457 Visa has been transferred.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Old May 7th 2003, 6:58 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Thats a fair change - down to Sydney then?

I have no experience of living in Parramatta - it does not have a great name in terms of top listed places to live - but that can be a very subjective remark depends what you are wanting.

I would say my main point would be making sure your budget can take the change of destination - Sydney can be expensive in terms of housing/rental etc. Though depending on what you do it might be easier for you to get a job.

Check out the suburb review on www.domain.com.au and feel free to ask more specific questions about Sydney - there are a few of us on here!

Cheers
Old May 7th 2003, 10:56 am
Bilbo

Default Re: Westmead, Parramatta Info!!!!

Originally posted by garywarby
Hi,
I have had various posts recently, My partner is a radiographer and had been sponsored by a medical agency, however after being told that the agency was struggling to find work in Brisbane or indeed anywhere we have changed direction slightly.
Another job offer has come to the fore! A childrens hospital in Parramatta has offered us sponsorship, subject to interview!

Has anyone got any views, or is anyone living in Parramatta, housing (rentals and general info would be fantastic!
Please help!

We are going to transfer our visa, the Staff Service at the hospital has told us this is possible, and we can travel on our existing Visa as long as Clare does not work until the 457 Visa has been transferred.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Parramatta: old houses demolished to put up 10 flats per block.

Old May 7th 2003, 11:05 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Gary,

Glad things are looking brighter you

user name 'sueandian' lives in paramatta..try emailing her..she likes it!!
Old May 7th 2003, 1:53 pm
Badge

Originally posted by yvsie
Hi Gary,

Glad things are looking brighter you

user name 'sueandian' lives in paramatta..try emailing her..she likes it!!

P very much a satellite city/suburb of Sydney. its a far cry from the Eastern/northern suburbs etc and away from Neighbours and Home and Away lifestyle. a gf of mine now lives there (westmead)

its colorful and if not built -up, fairly bland.

badgers

Old May 7th 2003, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

garywarby is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your replies!
Does anybody know the Westmead Childrens hospital, we are looking for a house to rent about 30 mins max from the hospital, 30 mins by car of course, suburbs which are North,South or East of the Hospital, we don't really want to go further away from the coast.

The most important thing is that it is a decent area without being silly money!
Any advice would be great!
Gary&Clare
Old May 7th 2003, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute

I've always thought Parramatta was one of those areas that I would not want to live in under any circumstances.

However, had a friend from Sydney over on the weekend and she said that Parramatta is one of the up and coming areas in Sydney. Apparently some of the big companies are moving their HQs out that way and it is having a positive effect on the area.