Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Westmead hospital Sydney

Westmead hospital Sydney

Old Feb 18th 2008, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

No Idea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Westmead hospital Sydney

Its all to complicated for my tired little brain.....so please can I have some opinions.

The original plan was to fly into Sydney for 3 days before flying onto Townsville. There will be me, OH and two kids 3, 5yrs old, 12 pieces of luggage, 2 child restraints for car, twin pram and 3 bikes. Travelling light!!

OK need to be at Childrens Westmead hospital for an appointment on the 2nd day. So where do we stay?

1. At the airport - easier for lugging luggage but will have to travel everyday and cost of food etc in hotel room.

or 2. Close to hospital (Parramatta). Difficult lugging all the luggage (and expensive!) Good for shopping not so good for sightseeing.

or 3. In the city somewhere. Again luggage difficulty, great sightseeing - ok for shopping.

or 4. Fly to townsville, drop of luggage. In a day or two fly back to sydney for appointment, then fly back again. No luggage problems - but will be entirely stuffed and fed up of flying.

I would also like to see my relatives (Crastlecrag) but want to avoid the in-laws They are centred around the Morubarah (sp?) area.

Any ideas?
Old Feb 18th 2008, 11:27 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Westmead hospital Sydney

Could you not pack the things that you will need to tide you over for three days into just one or two bags and leave the rest in storage at the airport to collect when you transfer to Towsville? That way, amount of luggage would not be too much of an issue and you could choose wherever you wanted to stay.

I believe there are serviced apartments in North Sydney that would be convenient enough for you with a young family and not too far from Castlecrag but plenty far enough away from Maroubra! Serviced apartments in the Ryde area would also be a good option for access to Westmead.

Good luck.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 5:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud of
Default Re: Westmead hospital Sydney

I'd go with Binbirds idea but the child restraints will be a problem, unless you get a taxi that already has them fitted. The trip to Westmead from the airport will take approx 40-50mins and cost about $100 by taxi one way. I'd stay closer to the airport (check out somewhere nice like Coogee near the beach but still within 15mins drive) , dump the luggage, taxi it to Westmead, return back to the hotel the same day and then let your rels visit you and take you around town

Happy travelling too- it's not much fun with little ones so you'll be needing a days rest when you arrive...