Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Western Suburbs of Brisbane. Friends required!!

Western Suburbs of Brisbane. Friends required!!

Old Jun 13th 2008, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

Janet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud of
Default Western Suburbs of Brisbane. Friends required!!

Hi to all. been living in the western suburbs for ten months now with my family and although have made friends would love to make more. Anyone up for meeting please respond and we will make an arrangement. Can promise everyone am not an axe wielding maniac
Old Jun 14th 2008, 10:11 am
BBQ-KING

BBQ-KING is a jewel in the roughBBQ-KING is a jewel in the roughBBQ-KING is a jewel in the roughBBQ-KING is a jewel in the roughBBQ-KING is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Western Suburbs of Brisbane. Friends required!!

Originally Posted by Janet Rutledge
Hi to all. been living in the western suburbs for ten months now with my family and although have made friends would love to make more. Anyone up for meeting please respond and we will make an arrangement. Can promise everyone am not an axe wielding maniac
Hi,
We as a family move to the western suburbs this August (where? we have eyes on Kenmore-Bellbowrie-The Gap and surrounds) still trying to sort out schools first.
Would very much like to meet up once there. Where are you based? Keep in touch...
Regards
BBQ-KING
Old Jun 18th 2008, 1:57 am
Forum Regular

Cheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to all
Smile Re: Western Suburbs of Brisbane. Friends required!!

Hi,

Just seen your post re: making new friends. I am located in Ferny Hills, not too far from Brookfield, with hubby & 2 little ones. Would welcome a meet up, as been here nearly 3 months and its quite tough starting all over again making new friends.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 1:07 am
Forum Regular

simsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nice

hi i have been in sinnamon park for about 6 weeks and would be interested in meeting up even for a coffee during the day

i am not sure how far away i am from you.

i am actually going to uk for 3 week holiday on the 27th june and get back 20 july.

i look forward to hearing from you.

nicola
Old Jun 19th 2008, 5:13 am
Forum Regular

Cheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to all

Hi Nicola,

I noticed you & family have moved up from Adelaide, I wonder what prompted the move? It seems as though quite few people start somewhere in Oz and end up moving.

Ferny Hills is north of Brisbane, but as I frequently travel to Indooroopilly, and Brisbane isn't that big I don't think its too far to catch up.

Have a great time in UK and give me a shout when you get back.

Best Wishes & happy times back in blighty

Karen.
Old Jun 20th 2008, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

simsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nice

hi karen

we moved up from adelaide purely for my husband's work. we loved living in adelaide and in fact still have our house there in case we decide the brisbane isnt for us and go back - but its early days yet only been here for about 7 weeks.

indooroopilly will be good for me - as its about the only place i know my way to.

nicola
Old Jun 20th 2008, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Western Suburbs of Brisbane. Friends required!!

Hi Nicola,

I have two little ones, one is in kindy 3 days a week and I have the other one on a waiting list due to start asap. Hopefully by the time you get back from the UK, my little one (nearly 2) will be in day care so we could have a coffee in peace!

We still have a house in the UK just in case we don't like Brisbane!

Indooroopilly sounds great - definite, as holdiays start this week prob best to wait for your return for a meet up.

Take care and enjoy all the delights the UK has to offer - UK summers - bliss !!!!!!
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 5:45 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Hi

I am not quite there yet but we are flying in on the 3rd August and though we have lived in Oz before it was near Melbourne. I have no friends in Brisbane in fact we have never been before. I have a 3yr old and I will be 32wks pregnant. I will need some friends to keep my sanity as I am used to working full time in the UK. I would be up for a meet. I know we will end up in suburb no more than 5kms out of the CBD (that is the intention of the relocation agent).

Jo
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

hi jo and karen

we will definately do a meet then at the end of july/august, will make proper arrangements when i get back from uk.

look forward to meeting you all

nicola
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

Hi Jo,

Crikes, travelling when really really heavily pregnant-good luck and 3 year old! Having said that my two were angels on the flight, took loads of toys in a backpack each and they didn't bother with them at all! (I was ready for a disaster)

Having been in Australia before, you are probally aware of all things australian and playgroups etc. but if not, there is a posting '....two weeks in Brisbane....' which although unbelievably upbeat, gives lots of info, what to bring etc. I wish I had seen it before I came out, maybe then I would have been as positive as this posting.

Happy travels and see you in sunny Brisbane, today has been superb.

Karen
PS: I hope you are not getting as stressed as I did before we came, I think I was ready to either collapse or spontaneously combust!
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 12:36 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Cheshire Karen
Hi Jo,

Crikes, travelling when really really heavily pregnant-good luck and 3 year old! Having said that my two were angels on the flight, took loads of toys in a backpack each and they didn't bother with them at all! (I was ready for a disaster)

Having been in Australia before, you are probally aware of all things australian and playgroups etc. but if not, there is a posting '....two weeks in Brisbane....' which although unbelievably upbeat, gives lots of info, what to bring etc. I wish I had seen it before I came out, maybe then I would have been as positive as this posting.

Happy travels and see you in sunny Brisbane, today has been superb.

Karen
PS: I hope you are not getting as stressed as I did before we came, I think I was ready to either collapse or spontaneously combust!
Karen

I think as its my second time of moving I am taking it all in my stride. I am used to travelling with my little one she is well travelled on long haul flights so I think we will be fine. Luckily we have a relocation agent paid for by hubbys job so that takes a lot of pressure off me. Just been to mothercare to stock up as I know what I cant get over in Oz cheap as I was there with my first pregnancy. I will get help from the relocation agent with regards playgroups/nursery stuff for Erykah. We are looking at employing a nanny for a couple of months when the new baby arrives to help me out a bit as hubby will be unable to take much time off work.

Looking forward to meeting up when I get there. Off for a well earnt rest now I am exhausted. Why cant you sleep well when you are pregnant I spend half the night wide awake then most of the day shattered. Oh joy

Jo
Old Jul 5th 2008, 2:02 am
Account Closed

anson aussies is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Janet,

Remember us?
We met you at Halfway house last year remember?
Gonna pm u when i get enough privaleges.
we got a case officer this week so gotta go back to uk 2morra till granted.
Hows you?

?
Old Jul 5th 2008, 1:16 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anson aussies
Hello Janet,

Remember us?
We met you at Halfway house last year remember?
Gonna pm u when i get enough privaleges.
we got a case officer this week so gotta go back to uk 2morra till granted.
Hows you?

?
You've got 4 posts now, you'll be able to send private messages
Old Jul 6th 2008, 4:51 am
Just Joined

defencenurse1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cheshire Karen
Hi,

Just seen your post re: making new friends. I am located in Ferny Hills, not too far from Brookfield, with hubby & 2 little ones. Would welcome a meet up, as been here nearly 3 months and its quite tough starting all over again making new friends.
Hi Karen
I live in ferny grove, moved up from melbourne 2 years ago, have been in Aus 5 years all together, looking for friends to chat to from uk
Wendy Keating
Old Jul 7th 2008, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

The GAP is just really niceThe GAP is just really niceThe GAP is just really niceThe GAP is just really niceThe GAP is just really niceThe GAP is just really niceThe GAP is just really niceThe GAP is just really niceThe GAP is just really niceThe GAP is just really niceThe GAP is just really nice

Originally Posted by Janet Rutledge
Hello, i am living in The Gap with My Hubby and son we are here on a student visaa(money is very tight) and we are living with my parents which is difficult i would love to meet up with people in same area, starting new and making your own friends would be really good right now.

I work mornings till 12.30 but any time after that or on weekends would be good for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.