Western Power

Old Feb 18th 2004, 1:06 am
Banned

userjay will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Florida_03
No I have moved from the baby boomers graveyard. You are most welcome to all the sunshine, piss you can drink, and baby boomers arses to wipe...have fun.
nice guy.like i said why bother,dont answer i have nothing left in the air supply
Old Feb 18th 2004, 1:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

It's just said on the radio to keep lisening and Mr WP will let us know when the restrictions are lifted. So, it's okay to keep the radio on but not the aircon. Funny, I thought they said non essential electricity should be saved!

Loopy (still with aircon off)
Old Feb 18th 2004, 1:17 am
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by userjay
nice guy.like i said why bother,dont answer i have nothing left in the air supply
Sorry...forgot the new way of the forum...here...

COCK (that is 3 smilies a whole 3)

oh...no offence (that is 3 winks a whole 3)

Try going down again...I know you can do it...
Old Feb 18th 2004, 1:23 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

This in my opinion only! just about sums W.A up!!

It's 38c inside my house, imagine what it's like trying to work in that without air con!!

I dont have air con but survive indoors with my fans going.

Please!! How third world is Australia??!!!!

The following was written in todays paper:

Air-con and water heaters must not be used, unless required for the treatment of an ilness or the comfort of persons suffering (thats me suffering here!) from an illness.

Cooking is limited to the use of one hot plate, oven, grill or microwave appliance at a time.

Internal lighting is limited to two rooms at a time. External lighting must not be used.

Refridgeration (including deep freeze) must not be used to the extent absolutely necessary to prevent loss or deteriration of food.

Water reticulation and swimming pool pumps must not be used and automatic time switches must be turned off.

Blood hell, I'am glad to be leaving.
Old Feb 18th 2004, 1:28 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

poop - my pool pump will be pumping away merrily. Do you think work will let me go home to turn it off!!!
Old Feb 18th 2004, 1:54 am
owieb

Originally posted by WBB
that dont make much sense.....or is it just me?
Legally they can fine you for running your aircon, but they're saying that they won't bother going to the effort if people just turn them off (touch of the pretty please syndrome). If people don't turn them off and the problem continues then they will start sending WP people out to check and if the aircon is on then they will fine you.

That's my understanding of what the guy on the radio was trying to say this morning!

Old Feb 18th 2004, 5:47 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

They are only asking for peoples help!
Maybe there was a way in the olden days some long forgotten method of keeping cool?
Old Feb 18th 2004, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Where are you then? Obviously not somewhere hot & humid and dripping!

Loopy
Old Feb 18th 2004, 7:32 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Loopy
Where are you then? Obviously not somewhere hot & humid and dripping!

Loopy
Perth looks fine to me:

36C, 37% R.H.: warm & dry.

Western Power: Weather WA
Old Feb 18th 2004, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

It's about 20 in Melbourne, 22 in Syddney, 29 in Adelaide
35 in Perth (just come down from 39) with no aircon.
It's bearable now, but it was a bit uncomfortable earlier, especially for those who haven't been sleeping too well for the last few nights because of the heat.

Where are you Meg?
Old Feb 18th 2004, 7:47 am
Perth Bound

Avery Family is an unknown quantity at this point
Default heat & no air con

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Loopy
It's bearable now, but it was a bit uncomfortable earlier, especially for those who haven't been sleeping too well for the last few nights because of the heat.

Hi Loopy

...it will be worth bringing our collection of fans (surprisingly used quite often last summer) with us then !!
Old Feb 18th 2004, 7:49 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

it was actually 26 in my back yard this arvo (s/e Melb)
Old Feb 18th 2004, 7:54 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Loopy

Where are you Meg?
Time for a little doddle in the fresh air - sweat out excess water from all the cold drinks. As temporary measure, take 1 mg of polaramine antihistamine 1 hour before bed to help with sleep.

Second black stump on right: temp 34C.

Last edited by Megalania; Feb 18th 2004 at 9:56 am.
Old Feb 18th 2004, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

If anyone wants an excuse to run their aircon, invite me round, i'm sure 40 weeks pregnant counts for medicinal purposes

Lynn
Old Feb 18th 2004, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: heat & no air con

...it will be worth bringing our collection of fans (surprisingly used quite often last summer) with us then !! [/QUOTE]

Yes, if you've got room bring your fans, in fact bring everything you've got room for! Saying that though fans are pretty cheap here, under 20 bucks for a big one.

Loopy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.