Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Western Australia Perth

Western Australia Perth

Old Dec 4th 2007, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

staffordshire knot is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Western Australia Perth

Hi folks, I am new to this forum. I am in the British Police and have just been given a firm offer of employment by Western Australia Police who will be sponsoring my visa allowing me to emigrate.

I will be based initially in Perth and then I will be looking at moving out to Broome or somewhere similar after two years.

I am about to start the visa process which I have been told is much accelerated through WAPOL.

Has anyone on here recently been through the process and does anyone have any tips or advice.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 5:03 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Western Australia Perth

Originally Posted by staffordshire knot
Hi folks, I am new to this forum. I am in the British Police and have just been given a firm offer of employment by Western Australia Police who will be sponsoring my visa allowing me to emigrate.

I will be based initially in Perth and then I will be looking at moving out to Broome or somewhere similar after two years.

I am about to start the visa process which I have been told is much accelerated through WAPOL.

Has anyone on here recently been through the process and does anyone have any tips or advice.
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Not really sure about the police issue but you could try posting this thread into the police section of the board.

You may get you what your looking for in there.

Good luck

If you don't know the police section is under working abroad
Old Dec 4th 2007, 10:19 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by staffordshire knot

This "moving to Broome" thing - is it your own choice or are the WA Police talking about sending you there? IMO Broome is an absolute shit hole, particularly since they banned alcohol in Fitzroy Crossing. Broome is inundated with (even more than usual) drunken aboriginals.

"Tough liquor restrictions in a nearby town have shifted its alcohol problem to the West Australian tourist centre of Broome, where drunks are having sex and defecating in the streets, authorities say."

http://www.theage.com.au/news/Nation...618851708.html

Last edited by renth; Dec 4th 2007 at 10:21 pm.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

warponydestroyer will become famous soon enoughwarponydestroyer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by renth
This "moving to Broome" thing - is it your own choice or are the WA Police talking about sending you there? IMO Broome is an absolute shit hole, particularly since they banned alcohol in Fitzroy Crossing. Broome is inundated with (even more than usual) drunken aboriginals.

"Tough liquor restrictions in a nearby town have shifted its alcohol problem to the West Australian tourist centre of Broome, where drunks are having sex and defecating in the streets, authorities say."

Maybe - but I dont think dealing with Perth drunks is much fun either - Broome is a beautiful area to stay in - certainly not a hole.

Good luck copper and dont be a richard about the speeding tickets
Old Dec 4th 2007, 11:19 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by warponydestroyer
Good luck copper and dont be a richard about the speeding tickets
Seems to me that most of WAs cops are out there issung speeding tickets so the OP will have to get used to it!
Old Dec 4th 2007, 11:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Have to say I agree with Renth, if it were me I'd rather be mopping up after another Saturday night in Northbridge than what they're dealing with in Broome right now.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 11:42 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by warponydestroyer
Broome is a beautiful area to stay in - certainly not a hole.
We'll have to agree to disagree. I'm sure Cable Beach Resort is nice. I guess it all boils down to how much interaction you have with the "locals".

When I was there we had to be locked in to our accommodation behind a high wire fence, people still threw rocks at us, shouting "you white bastards, you stole our land!" My Mrs had a slice of watermelon which had been spiked with LSD.

Love the Kimberley though, just not Broome.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 11:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

We'll have to agree to disagree. I'm sure Cable Beach Resort is nice. I guess it all boils down to how much interaction you have with the "locals".
Being a cop I'd say a lot of interaction....... and they wonder why the police is short so many officers....
Old Dec 5th 2007, 12:20 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Seems to me that most of WAs cops are out there issung speeding tickets so the OP will have to get used to it!
or handing out on the spot fines for jay walking in perth cbd ...

my oh got $50.00 fine last week for it .... no one in his office can believe that he got one thought it was a joke when he told them
Old Dec 5th 2007, 12:22 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by hitchcock71

my oh got $50.00 fine last week for it .... no one in his office can believe that he got one thought it was a joke when he told them
I'd just tell the coppers I had no ID and give them a false name and address, bloody j walking, what a bunch of wan*ers! :curse:
Old Dec 5th 2007, 12:23 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hitchcock71

I can believe it. Perth's cops are a waste of space.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 12:26 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

i thought it was funny did make me laugh

as he is always telling me off about crossing rds etc and then he gets done for it .... i felt very smug i have to say
Old Dec 5th 2007, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

Hullfcfans has a spectacular aura aboutHullfcfans has a spectacular aura aboutHullfcfans has a spectacular aura about

Just remember that you can salary package a car with the WA Police, so if you are thinking of buying one when you arrive, just enquire about that first!
Old Dec 7th 2007, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Issie
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Not really sure about the police issue but you could try posting this thread into the police section of the board.

You may get you what your looking for in there.

Good luck

If you don't know the police section is under working abroad
Thanks for that I did not see it LOL.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

Moving to Broome is something I fancied myself. WAPOL want new recruits to also spend at least 2 years away from the Metro area of Perth and get some experiance in the outback. Broome comes under this category at the moment.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.