Reload this Page >

Western Australia Ambulance Service/SJAA

Western Australia Ambulance Service/SJAA

Old Jul 28th 2011, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

Zuluman7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Western Australia Ambulance Service/SJAA

Hi Michael

how far are you through the process ? I am waiting to hear for medical and final interview things seem to have gone very quiet of lately.
Old Jul 28th 2011, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

michael999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Zuluman, it sounds like I am at the same place in the process - awaiting my physical. I took the psychometric test about 3 weeks ago. Hmmmm should that be telling me something?
Glad to hear I am not the only one left though.
Old Jul 29th 2011, 12:46 am
Perth WA

Twinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud of

Had my fitness assessment a week ago - now waiting to hear about final interview.....
Old Jul 29th 2011, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Twinsdad, glad to hear you are through and still out there. Good luck with the video conference. What was the fitness test like?
Old Jul 30th 2011, 3:40 pm
Perth WA

Twinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud of

Hiya, the fitness test was ok - took an hour in total. Something like 15 different exercises, 12 press ups, 3 minute step test, sit ups, bending/stretching exercises and carrying increasing weights backwards/forwards/sideways with lots of heart rate monitoring. Sounds a lot but the guy supervising was a top bloke and wasn't too hard on me. Didn't make it any easier that I woke up with a stinker of a head cold after only 2 or 3 hrs sleep though. I'm waiting to hear about the video conference now, spoke to HR yesterday and they have a UK based provider who finds a facility close to where you live, might be a college or uni. Trying not to get too twitchy about the final step

How are you getting on ?
Old Jul 31st 2011, 10:56 pm
Just Joined

Goodbye uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Its all very quiet right now. I applied about 10 weeks ago and have heard nothing since. I did have an informal chat with them on the phone about 5 weeks ago and they are still actively recruiting but have been delayed by a large local recruitment campaign for all departments ( not just A&E )

It seems to be about 5-6 months from application to initial tel interview and then god knows how long thereafter.

I wouldnt be too worried though as its a great place to work and live and will be worth the wait in the end............... If I get a job offer of course
Old Aug 1st 2011, 8:44 am
Just Joined

normanstanleyfletcher is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Goodbye uk
Its all very quiet right now. I applied about 10 weeks ago and have heard nothing since. I did have an informal chat with them on the phone about 5 weeks ago and they are still actively recruiting but have been delayed by a large local recruitment campaign for all departments ( not just A&E )

It seems to be about 5-6 months from application to initial tel interview and then god knows how long thereafter.

I wouldnt be too worried though as its a great place to work and live and will be worth the wait in the end............... If I get a job offer of course
I sent off my application at the end of April and not a dickie bird since, so the above post re-assures me somewhat! BUT...has anyone else who applied in April got any further forward?, or is it just me?

The reason i ask is that doubt has crept in following a previous post about the Red Sky site reporting an application hadn't actually gone through despite confirmation!

Any re-assurance or comment gratefully received by this newbie to the forum.

regards

NSF
Old Aug 1st 2011, 9:26 am
Perth WA

Originally Posted by normanstanleyfletcher
I sent off my application at the end of April and not a dickie bird since, so the above post re-assures me somewhat! BUT...has anyone else who applied in April got any further forward?, or is it just me?

The reason i ask is that doubt has crept in following a previous post about the Red Sky site reporting an application hadn't actually gone through despite confirmation!

Any re-assurance or comment gratefully received by this newbie to the forum.

regards

NSF
I sent my application off on the 27th of April - actually bashed it out in a hurry as I was on nights and the closing date was 29th of April (it's been extended now though). Since then I've had HR interview, clinical assessment/interview, psychometric test and fitness test - now waiting for the date of my video conference. You might want to give them a call and see if they've got your application; if the initial acknowledgement of your application is an automatic computer generated one then there might be a glitch between you sending it and HR actually getting it - just a thought.
Old Aug 1st 2011, 11:24 am
Just Joined

normanstanleyfletcher is an unknown quantity at this point

:thumb up:Thanks twinsdad - will be able to give them a holler tomorrow so we'll see what they say

btw good luck for the vid conf

nsf
Old Aug 1st 2011, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

Hi Twinsdad,
Thanks for the info re the physical. How far have I got? I have had an HR and clinical interview followed by the psych test 2 weeks ago and am waiting to see if I get a physical. Perhaps I will hear something this week? I have just tried 12 pressups - I managed it and should be ok as long as I don't get marked down for going purple and needing oxygen therapy and a lydown after
Good luck to everyone out there.
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

Zuluman7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well all still dead on the western front !! the suspense is killing me I am tried of checking my email every morning to find nothing I feel uncomfortable emailing them once a week for an update Anyone on here had any recent updates yet ?
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 5:41 pm
Account Closed

hater is an unknown quantity at this point

Just stay calm... I had to wait 6 month between Fitness test and VC...
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 9:25 pm
Perth WA

Guess we just have to be a bit zen about it...... Let's face it, they're working to their timeframes and for their purposes, not ours.
They're a relatively small service (pop of WA circa 2.2 million) with some unique logistical problems (covering a geographical area approx 12 times the size of the UK ) albeit most of it practically unpopulated. After their big enquiry - after the deaths of four people due to serious issues around staffing levels, response times, response protocols etc etc - which lets face it are issues we're all familiar with, they get told their budget is being increased by 149 million AUD and they have to recruit 309 techs and paras over a 4 year period ( I think that's all pretty correct - I read it in an aussie newspaper and read the enquiry report, apologies if I've remembered some of it wrongly). They now find themselves in the middle of a huge upheaval necessitating fundamental and profound changes to their infrastructure, perhaps they're playing 'catch-up' as it were and probably working flat out to cope with the changes they're facing.
As far as I know, their plans are for ongoing recruitment over the next few years and they are holding regular induction courses - every three months or so to meet their new staffing targets. Perhaps we can start swapping notes on what we know so far about living in Perth, what suburbs are people moving to, how are the postings and rotas working out for the guys already over there - my personal main worry is as the sole breadwinner (I've got small kids and the wife is a full-time mum) what is the cost of living like for families? What sort of rental price can I comfortably afford and still run a car, feed/clothe the kids etc etc. Been trying to do research on the web but I'd much rather hear the experiences of ambulance people already out there. I'm also interested in the thoughts of the local ambulance staff with regard to loads of 'foreign' ambo,s moving in - are they happy about that?
Aplogies for the waffle, there's obviously not much on telly tonight
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 9:32 pm
Perth WA

Originally Posted by normanstanleyfletcher
:thumb up:Thanks twinsdad - will be able to give them a holler tomorrow so we'll see what they say

btw good luck for the vid conf

nsf
Ta Did you call them ?
Old Aug 4th 2011, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

I wan tee go oz is an unknown quantity at this point

They have a very small HR dept for the area that SJA covers. Some people here had to wait over a year from applying to vid conference.
They are still actively recruiting, so don't worry, easy for me to say I know!

Good luck to you all

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.