Default Re: Western Australia Ambulance Service/SJAA

Michael999 have you had any word on your fitness yet ? I am still waiting
Old Sep 17th 2011, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

michael999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Zuluman7
Michael999 have you had any word on your fitness yet ? I am still waiting
Not a sausage, Zuluman. Still waiting. Any idea if it is a physical and a medical all in one day or if they are seperate events?
Old Sep 17th 2011, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

I wan tee go oz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by michael999
Not a sausage, Zuluman. Still waiting. Any idea if it is a physical and a medical all in one day or if they are seperate events?
Hi,

It's all in one. Blood presure check, BMI check and pulse check followed by the step test (Queens college step test) and the various exercises, which I think someone has already listed here.
BP, urine, blood tests, x-rays etc are also done at the medical for the visa.

Old Sep 17th 2011, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks IWTGTO, that helps. I am guessing if the medical is incorporated we will need to pay about £300ish? My poor Piggy Bank is going to get a right bashing again.
Old Sep 17th 2011, 8:53 pm
Just Joined

Already_an_Aussie is an unknown quantity at this point

Good on yer and good luck Already an Aussie. From earlier posts it sounds like it is almost a formality. It is nice to hear of some movement.
Cheers mate, you had no movement yet?? good luck bud
Old Sep 18th 2011, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Already_an_Aussie
Cheers mate, you had no movement yet?? good luck bud
Nothing as yet Already an Aussie, I got an email a week or 3 back confirming I would get a physical but no contact from the UK provider as yet. Still that gives me more chances to go to the gym and flounder around for a bit
Old Sep 18th 2011, 9:52 am
Just Joined

Already_an_Aussie is an unknown quantity at this point

Nothing as yet Already an Aussie, I got an email a week or 3 back confirming I would get a physical but no contact from the UK provider as yet. Still that gives me more chances to go to the gym and flounder around for a bit
Well you could try what we did. If your willing to travel then let them know that. I live in the North of England but said i would travel to London - I then got a medical the same week!! Also ask for the name of the UK provider and chase it up yourself...It all worked for me.

Keep us updated either way mate
Old Sep 18th 2011, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks AAA I think I am going to follow your advice, I just assumed I was going to have to go to London anyway. Doh!

Joey, good luck for tomorrow
Old Sep 19th 2011, 5:05 am
Forum Regular

Thanks IWTGTO, that helps. I am guessing if the medical is incorporated we will need to pay about £300ish? My poor Piggy Bank is going to get a right bashing again.
Yeah, medical for SJAA is free, and the £300 ish is for the visa medical once job offer is given etc.
As we're all initially on 457 visas, it's only the main visa holder, ie us, that have it all to do. Dependants no longer need meds, xrays etc for 457, which is nice!
Old Sep 19th 2011, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

John_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud of

Hi Guy's

this is for the colleagues who are all ready working in WA.

I'm putting a paper together for a conference next year on clinical toxinology. I was hoping someone could give me a run down on the services education in terrestrial and marine envenomation. I.e. what type of training do you receive and also what management protocols do you have, antivenom, magnesium etc.

Feel free to pm me.

I'm an ex uk para now working for QAS and educate students/para's on clinical toxinology.

Cheers

John
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

Zuluman7 is an unknown quantity at this point

HI

Does anyone know if SJA provides any assistance with relocation costs ?
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Zuluman7
HI

Does anyone know if SJA provides any assistance with relocation costs ?
Hi Zuluman,

All they contribute at present is to pay the initial visa application costs, so all we pay for is the medical. This also applies when going for permanent residency as well.
The living away from home allowance (LAFHA) has been looked into by many staff here, but sadly it isn't an option. As employers here are not bound by law to pay it, and it is only payable if you have no desire to take permanent residency, which SJA presume we will all go for. To be honest, they are right, I ccertainly didn't go through all the application process etc, and moving costs to return to the UK in 2 yrs, not that all here in WA agree. It's a bit of a minefield, so i'll say no more on the LAFHA, LOL!

Phil
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

Zuluman7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Phil

So they also help you with cost to gain permanent residency ? how much does PR cost then ?
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 7:22 pm
Perth WA

Twinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud of

Had my video conference yesterday I think it went ok ??? They said they'd let me know by the end of next week
They asked if I'd be ok for the december induction - If I'm successful, the plan is I'll go over there on my own for a month or so, get the classroom bit done and find somewhere for the wife and kids who'll probably fly over in january sometime. I'm wondering if there's anyone in the same position as me who perhaps wants to share a short-term let or alternatively does anyone know a spare room/sofa going begging in december preferably close to the HQ and training dept in Belmont?
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

Goodbye uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Good news twinsdad, sure youll be heading over very soon. I think I'll give them a call next week. Had my email asking availabilty dates for initial tel interview...... 6 weeks ago but unfortunately Ive heard nothing since.

I know they are busy busy busy and dont want to hassle them but it would be nice to get things moving as its been nearly 5 mths since I applied.

See you over there next year hopefully

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.