West Ryde

Old Feb 15th 2013, 8:34 am
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute
Default West Ryde

For those in Sydney where are suburbs within a reasonable drive of West Ryde?

Median price over $2m?

Drive time 20 minutes?

For those in Brisbane

Where were the outlying commerical areas that remained above the flood waters?

And again suburbs in same price range? But with longer commute

Some serious replies would be appreciated
Old Feb 15th 2013, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: West Ryde

In Sydney - Hunters Hill would probably be within 20 minutes drive. Median house price was $2m last year but it's a bit less now. Trouble is West Ryde is west-ish so prices in surrounding suburbs are not that high.

Hunters Hill is really lovely. Lots of old stone houses with gardens running down to the water. Cate Blanchett lives there.
Old Feb 15th 2013, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NickyC
In Sydney - Hunters Hill would probably be within 20 minutes drive. Median house price was $2m last year but it's a bit less now. Trouble is West Ryde is west-ish so prices in surrounding suburbs are not that high.

Hunters Hill is really lovely. Lots of old stone houses with gardens running down to the water. Cate Blanchett lives there.
thanks Nicky, hmmm stone houses sound nice.
Old Feb 15th 2013, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedDragon2008
thanks Nicky, hmmm stone houses sound nice.
They are. They cost quite a bit more than the median, though.

Cate paid $10m for hers 9 years ago.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/...786948082.html
Old Feb 15th 2013, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by NickyC
They are. They cost quite a bit more than the median, though.

Cate paid $10m for hers 9 years ago.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/...786948082.html
She sounds very much like myself in taste that is.

And her 2 sons are about just the right age for my daughters
Old Feb 15th 2013, 10:16 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

west ryde is on the northern line, close to rhodes/ikea/macquarie center/olympic park/eastwood/rydal mere/concord/strathfield/epping
generally peaceful and trains not crowded
Old Feb 15th 2013, 10:24 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

For those in Brisbane

Where were the outlying commerical areas that remained above the flood waters?

And again suburbs in same price range? But with longer commute

Some serious replies would be appreciated
Do you mean this year's floods? Very little of Brisbane was affected this year, You'd have to be more precise about outlying areas - do you mean as far out as Ipswich for instance?
Have you looked at the flood maps on the Brisbane City Council website?
Old Feb 15th 2013, 11:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Do you mean this year's floods? Very little of Brisbane was affected this year, You'd have to be more precise about outlying areas - do you mean as far out as Ipswich for instance?
Have you looked at the flood maps on the Brisbane City Council website?
Hi Pollyana

I would perhaps like some initial areas that were unaffected by both the current and previous big floods. Great news little affected this year.

The reason for the question is we are about to conduct explosive expansion and I would like to focus my site selection team on specific areas.

In terms of what we are doing are building a 10,000 sqm building which similar to Melbourne and Sydney will service (or link) to other sites across the state - in this case QLD. These being the initial sites are focused on being close to the capital cities of each state.

I have no real knowledge of Sydney or Brisbane hence me reaching out

We managed to find a site this week in Sydney so West Ryde, but Brisbane?? I only see the airport or inside cab and hotel in centre of town (siebel normally).
Old Feb 15th 2013, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by commonwealth
west ryde is on the northern line, close to rhodes/ikea/macquarie center/olympic park/eastwood/rydal mere/concord/strathfield/epping
generally peaceful and trains not crowded
Excellent thats a bonus
Old Feb 15th 2013, 11:34 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Pollyana

I would perhaps like some initial areas that were unaffected by both the current and previous big floods. Great news little affected this year.

The reason for the question is we are about to conduct explosive expansion and I would like to focus my site selection team on specific areas.

In terms of what we are doing are building a 10,000 sqm building which similar to Melbourne and Sydney will service (or link) to other sites across the state - in this case QLD. These being the initial sites are focused on being close to the capital cities of each state.

I have no real knowledge of Sydney or Brisbane hence me reaching out

We managed to find a site this week in Sydney so West Ryde, but Brisbane?? I only see the airport or inside cab and hotel in centre of town (siebel normally).
You'd probably be best starting a separate thread as there are several posters who have good knowledge of individual suburbs, but who won't read this because of the title (unless you wanbt the title updated?) I work in the disaster operations area but can't really advise beyond links to the likes of Brisbane's flood mapping , which has been uodated since the 2010-11 flooding. From my limited knowledge though I would say avoid yje Milton/Toowong area - very popular, but lots of businesses there were flooded out in 2011 to the second and third floor.
Old Feb 15th 2013, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You'd probably be best starting a separate thread as there are several posters who have good knowledge of individual suburbs, but who won't read this because of the title (unless you wanbt the title updated?) I work in the disaster operations area but can't really advise beyond links to the likes of Brisbane's flood mapping , which has been uodated since the 2010-11 flooding. From my limited knowledge though I would say avoid yje Milton/Toowong area - very popular, but lots of businesses there were flooded out in 2011 to the second and third floor.
ok
Old Feb 16th 2013, 1:41 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

As said before Hunters Hill. Traffic in the area is terrible though. A bit further is Pymble, Gordon, Snives, Turramurra. Those suburbs have train access to the CBD.
Old Feb 16th 2013, 2:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by IvanM
As said before Hunters Hill. Traffic in the area is terrible though. A bit further is Pymble, Gordon, Snives, Turramurra. Those suburbs have train access to the CBD.
What is your thoughts on drive time from Hunters Hill to West Ryde

7am?

9am?

Any idea about a comment someone made about Hunters Hill being radio active?

How is the train/public transport from West Ryde/Hunters Hill to the city?
Old Feb 16th 2013, 3:00 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

7am maybe 15 mins
9am ha ha ha ha.

There used to be factory there where the ground is contaminated. Very limited to one block. Nothing that cannot be avoided. The state is digging it up and wanting to dump it in the west.

Hunters hill is buses but I do not know the times to the city.
Tripview or 131500 on the net will give you times. Buses go down Victoria rd which is a bottleneck.

7am?

9am?

Old Feb 16th 2013, 5:01 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

7am?

9am?

trains from west ryde to city every 15 mins and sometimes there are express trains to central. generally most people boarding at west ryde station can take a seat at rush hours. it gets crowded from strathfield to city but not very crowded.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.