Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

west midlands meet

west midlands meet

Old Jan 13th 2009, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to all
Default Re: west midlands meet

Great, how long does it take?
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

No Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really nice

Hi all

I was hoping to suggest a date/venue so that we could all meet up to celebrate Sunflower departure down under , but unfortunately, my mother-in -law whilst staying at our house,fell out of bed and broke her hip so we have been going to and from the hospitals. (Thought I should say, that I did not push her- she is a nice M-i-L)

So, at the moment you ll have to count us out for this meet, but please include us for the next one, v keen to make new friends.

Good luck, Sunflower with your move and I ll hope I ll get to meet you sometime.

Andrea
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 2:02 am
Forum Regular

Location: Just moved back to the East Coast - living on the Nambucca
missmileyselina is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello guys

Well, what a good idea this west mids thread is, I wish I knew of this site before I made the big move and had hooked up with other people going through what I was...

I am also from Bromsgrove. Now living in Darwin, Northern Territory. Have lived in Coffs Harbour (where my parents live) and Sydney too

Would thoroughly reccomend Coffs Harbour but it is hard to find work. Lots of work in Sydney but too busy for me! And expensive. Love Darwin :0)

I hope all your plans/visas etc are coming along okay If you start getting stressed or nervour I will start ranting how great it is to wake up to sun every day and to have people say g'day to you as they pass you in the street

And if any fellow Bromsgrovians or Brummies make it to the NT let me know

Selina
Old Jan 25th 2009, 5:25 pm
Just Joined

ItchyBoots is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all!
We are newbies to this site and are looking for all the advice we can get!!
We have a reccie trip booked in April to help us make the final decision to start the ball rolling and would love to meet up with other people who have already done this. We live in Oldbury so Birmingham city centre would be ideal for us if you are planning a meet.
Abi & Dave
Old Jan 25th 2009, 8:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

claretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ItchyBoots
Hi all!
We are newbies to this site and are looking for all the advice we can get!!
We have a reccie trip booked in April to help us make the final decision to start the ball rolling and would love to meet up with other people who have already done this. We live in Oldbury so Birmingham city centre would be ideal for us if you are planning a meet.
Abi & Dave
Hi,

We're just outside of Droitwich. We're going over to Oz in April for a reccie. Starting off in Brisbane and ending in Sydney.

Ideally, we would like to be in the Coffs Harbour area, so will be looking at the surrounding area and schools plus Brisbane as there seems to be more work out there.

Where are you looking at? and what date?

Nige & Rachel (and Jacob & Jessie)
Old Jan 26th 2009, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

cybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant future

Please let me know if you arrange a date/venue. We live in Sheldon and will be moving to Brisbane on 1 March. Would be good to meet others about to leave/going to leave. Now getting very nervous/excited. Can the meet be a child friendly meeting as we have a 1 year old we will need to bring.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by claretandblue
Hi,

We're just outside of Droitwich. We're going over to Oz in April for a reccie. Starting off in Brisbane and ending in Sydney.

Ideally, we would like to be in the Coffs Harbour area, so will be looking at the surrounding area and schools plus Brisbane as there seems to be more work out there.

Where are you looking at? and what date?

Nige & Rachel (and Jacob & Jessie)
We arrive in Melbourne on 12th April and are thinking of staying there for about 9 days as this is where we would like to move ideally. We will be then moving on to Sydney for more of a holiday and a bit of sightseeing. The dreaded flight home is 25th April. How about you?
Can I ask what trade you have based your visa application on as the hubbie is an electrician and wondered if you had any information on it?
Old Jan 27th 2009, 6:43 am
BE Enthusiast

claretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ItchyBoots
We arrive in Melbourne on 12th April and are thinking of staying there for about 9 days as this is where we would like to move ideally. We will be then moving on to Sydney for more of a holiday and a bit of sightseeing. The dreaded flight home is 25th April. How about you?
Can I ask what trade you have based your visa application on as the hubbie is an electrician and wondered if you had any information on it?
Hi,
My husband is an air con engineer. He has had to apply for an Artc card which you husband probably will too.
The Ozzies love red tape and you have to make sure you have all your licences and paperork before you get there or you won't be able to work.

I have seen lots of threads on here regarding electrical liciences and Artc cards. Do a search for them in the Australia forums.

Hope to see you soon
Rachel
Old Jan 31st 2009, 10:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by claretandblue
Hi,
My husband is an air con engineer. He has had to apply for an Artc card which you husband probably will too.
The Ozzies love red tape and you have to make sure you have all your licences and paperork before you get there or you won't be able to work.

I have seen lots of threads on here regarding electrical liciences and Artc cards. Do a search for them in the Australia forums.

Hope to see you soon
Rachel
Hi Rachel
Thanks for the info, think we are going to get Dave in to do his practical trade test in June which is the next availabe one in the UK apparently. It's all really exciting but daunting in a way as well. There's a lot of money involved which causes the odd doubt to creep in but then again, it's something that we have talked about for 5 years or more and it's never gonna go away until we actually give it a try. So have got in touch with an agent we met at an expo and are now getting the ball rolling with the application.
Hope to see you soon.
Abi
Old Mar 27th 2009, 1:37 pm
Just Joined

tammyandbrett is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello evryone
I haven't posted on here for a very long time. We are family of 4 and are going to melbourne at the end of june. We are currently living in Lichfield and are in the exchange of contracts stage in selling our house....... should go through next Wednesday, waiting for check to clear. We are on a PR visa and my husband is a brickie. We went out on a reccie last October and loved it also met some great people and Brett now has work set up so thats all a relief!!
We would love to meet up with other like minded people if anyone is interested.

Tammy
Old May 3rd 2009, 7:37 am
BE Enthusiast

JCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud of

Hi tammy
We live in bromsgrove and are at the stage of exchanging contract in the next 2 weeks(fell through last week and it was off)

Going to melbourne towards the end of the year,wife a childrens nurse and im a plasterer,a meet up with peeps would be coolio

Also have 2 lads,11 and 8

jase
Old Aug 1st 2009, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JCSUPERMOTO
Hi tammy
We live in bromsgrove and are at the stage of exchanging contract in the next 2 weeks(fell through last week and it was off)

Going to melbourne towards the end of the year,wife a childrens nurse and im a plasterer,a meet up with peeps would be coolio

Also have 2 lads,11 and 8

jase
Any dates for the meet ?
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

JCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud of

Hi

Me and the wifey and kids have never done this speed dating before,but would be willing to give it a whirl and meet for a coffee some where!

Just name dates and times and we will see what dates we can come up with?

Look forward to meeting you guys

jase