Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

We're under starters orders...

We're under starters orders...

Old Jan 28th 2004, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

lardyarse is just really nicelardyarse is just really nicelardyarse is just really nicelardyarse is just really nicelardyarse is just really nicelardyarse is just really nicelardyarse is just really nicelardyarse is just really nicelardyarse is just really nice
Question We're under starters orders...

Okay here goes:-

The decision has been made, me and my son are hoping to emigrate next year when he's finished his GCSEs - WHERE DO WE START????!!!!

I already have the Aussie passport having been born there many moons ago - so what now? Do I really need to emigrate, can I just return and apply for residency, do I need my ex-husband's permission to take my son even if I have full custody? etc etc.

If someone could give me a few guidelines to get off the starting block I shall be very grateful.
Old Jan 28th 2004, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

tootated is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

The first place i looked apart from here was the immigration website www.immi.gov.au

Hope it all goes well for you

Erica
Old Jan 28th 2004, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

debbie and rich is an unknown quantity at this point

HI I'm no expert but as my husband was born there the same as you and had an Australian passport we were able to get Australian passports for his children. You have to first apply for citizenship by descent (I think) and then your child can apply for an Australian passport. We found that bit quite easy and the we applied for a spouse visa for me and my son (hubbys step son ).

We did have to get permission from my ex and we were quite fortunate in that there was no objection but others have not been so lucky.

Good luck but I think you may find
it will be easy for your son as hes got you for his mum!!

Debbie