were to start?

Old Jul 22nd 2006, 11:47 am
Lee N Liz

raiz has a spectacular aura aboutraiz has a spectacular aura aboutraiz has a spectacular aura about
Default were to start?

Hello all.

With the arrival of our full visa shortly, we are starting to plan our trip.

Our plan is to go backpacking for about 6 months visiting the following areas but taking time out to see where we want to settle & live.

Perth
Adelaide
Melbourne
Sydney
Brisbaine
Gold coast
Cairns
In that order.

Due to our limited budget we would like to know the areas to avoid wasting time at.

I guess what I'm trying to say is we all know of certain areas in England where to avoid i.e. Mosside, Manchester! and certian areas of london which I will keep to myself.

Its just me and my wife no kids (yet).

I have relations in gold coast so should be ok with that area.

Forgive me if you lived in Mosside, Manchester, it's just an emthasis on my point, anyway we are from Essex so are wide open for retaliation, lol

many thanks
Lee n Liz
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 9:13 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: were to start?

Originally Posted by raiz
Hello all.

Our plan is to go backpacking for about 6 months visiting the following areas but taking time out to see where we want to settle & live.

Perth
Adelaide
Melbourne
Sydney
Brisbaine
Gold coast
Cairns
In that order.

Due to our limited budget we would like to know the areas to avoid wasting time at.

I guess what I'm trying to say is we all know of certain areas in England where to avoid i.e. Mosside, Manchester! and certian areas of london which I will keep to myself.

Forgive me if you lived in Mosside, Manchester, it's just an emthasis on my point, anyway we are from Essex so are wide open for retaliation, lol

many thanks
Lee n Liz
Hi Guys

I can definately help you with the Gold Coast!
Please visit our site here: http://www.goldcoastsmile.com/suburbs.html and by clicking on the areas of the map you can read about the different suburbs. Please feel free to check out the rest of the site as there are tons of useful info on there too.

Please PM me if I can help at all.

Claire
x
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 10:06 pm
is it me or dave

The Chief is just really niceThe Chief is just really niceThe Chief is just really niceThe Chief is just really niceThe Chief is just really niceThe Chief is just really niceThe Chief is just really niceThe Chief is just really niceThe Chief is just really niceThe Chief is just really niceThe Chief is just really nice
Default Re: were to start?

Originally Posted by raiz
Hello all.

Perth
Adelaide
Melbourne
Sydney
Brisbaine
Gold coast
Cairns
In that order.

many thanks
Lee n Liz
To be honest mate 6months aint enough for all that if you're backpacking, you can miss out Adelaide and Brisbane for a start, backpacking and settleing 2 totally different animals. 4 a start Cairns for backpacking 5star but to live I doubt it sydney great wotever you wanna do as is Gold Coast but not surfers. Mate I think u need to decide on a few places sydney/Perth/Melbourne/Brisbane but don't look at them as backpacking places you need to get out and have a look around

Cheers

Andy