Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

we're off home! thanks everyone

we're off home! thanks everyone

Old Apr 20th 2007, 3:51 am
BE Enthusiast

liver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond repute
Default we're off home! thanks everyone

If anyone remembers me we arrived in Brisbane six months ago and really not settled. Anyway we're going back home next month and so can't wait. Just wanted to say thank you to all those who've given advice and helped with getting our animals over and my homesick rants. Good luck to all those coming over and don't be ashamed to admit defeat if you hate it once you get here! Many others wouldn't have had the bottle to try and for us it was a very expensive try! but at least we gave it a go.... all the best xx
Old Apr 20th 2007, 4:28 am
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: we're off home! thanks everyone

Originally Posted by liver bird
If anyone remembers me we arrived in Brisbane six months ago and really not settled. Anyway we're going back home next month and so can't wait. Just wanted to say thank you to all those who've given advice and helped with getting our animals over and my homesick rants. Good luck to all those coming over and don't be ashamed to admit defeat if you hate it once you get here! Many others wouldn't have had the bottle to try and for us it was a very expensive try! but at least we gave it a go.... all the best xx
All the best with your move back home.

Oz isn't for everyone and it isnt for us at the present time either so we're also going back to the north west in June.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 5:03 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck back in blighty ... just in time for summer too.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 5:06 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Well you will never die wondering anyway. At least you gave it a try.

Best of luck back in UK.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 5:36 am
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

Shame it didn't work out but best of luck back in the UK

Lynne
Old Apr 20th 2007, 5:51 am
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck! I hope at this point you have a chance - knowing that you are going home - to enjoy your last couple of weeks there

No defeat at all......you gave it your best go and it just wasn't right for you....just common sense in my opinion!!

take care,

Miranda
Old Apr 20th 2007, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

paulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nice

As the other posts have also said, at least you tried, you wont get old saying What IF? Sorry to hear it hasn't worked out for you, we should be there very soon and will give it our best shot but if we dont like it we to will head back either to Spain or UK. Be happy . Paula
Old Apr 20th 2007, 7:19 am
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light

You did what most people dont have the bottle to do.You emigrated and even though you didnt settle,you can hold your head up high and say we gave it a go but its not for us.

Good luck with the move back home.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 7:21 am
BE Enthusiast

dottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud of

((((hugs)))) - best of luck back in the UK
Old Apr 20th 2007, 7:25 am
DJC
Forum Regular

DJC has a spectacular aura aboutDJC has a spectacular aura aboutDJC has a spectacular aura about

At least you were brave enough to give it a go.
Now you can enjoy your life back in the UK knowing that Australia wasn't for you.
All the best.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 7:39 am
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

best of luck in the UK.
someone tried to sell us an insurance policy the other day
i said no and they asked why
when i told them they said

"o i would love to do that but i don't have the guts"
Old Apr 20th 2007, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

chippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to all

all the best when you come back to the uk!!!!

just a quick question...you said you have not settled...is it brisbane or australia in genral
Old Apr 20th 2007, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry it didn't work out, your such a nice lady. I'm so glad your two girls are together now and well done you for sticking by them both with all the problems with the blood tests - stay in touch

Wendy x
Old Apr 20th 2007, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

Sorry ti didn't work out but at least you gave it a try.

Good luck and hope the move back goes well.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 10:56 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

All the best for the future....At least you'll not have to say what if!

Cheers

Ginny

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.