British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   And We're Off! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/were-off-402983/)

Crazy Diamond Oct 18th 2006 8:41 pm

And We're Off!

Container left at 1pm today and so did we!

OMG how hard was that? Did anyone else leave the UK the same day as moving out of the house and packing the container? I'm sitting in the hotel room at Gatwick wondering how the hell we did it. We hadn't even sorted out what clothes to take when the packers came on Monday and its been pure manic ever since :o

Staying at Gatwick tonight and flying to Spain first thing in the morning for the weekend - got all my family meeting us in Spain for a 'Goodbye' then fly on to Brisbane on Monday.

Its been a very emotional last few days as we've just found out that OH has to return indefinitely after only one week! We've only got a hotel booked for the first 2 weeks so it looks like I will have to be sorting everything out on my own :scared:

I think I'm going to need some BE support to get us through - at the moment I don't even know if I want to go through with it all :(

Spikey Oct 18th 2006 8:54 pm

Re: And We're Off!

Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond

OMG how hard was that? Did anyone else leave the UK the same day as moving out of the house and packing the container? I'm sitting in the hotel room at Gatwick wondering how the hell we did it. We hadn't even sorted out what clothes to take when the packers came on Monday and its been pure manic ever since :o

Staying at Gatwick tonight and flying to Spain first thing in the morning for the weekend - got all my family meeting us in Spain for a 'Goodbye' then fly on to Brisbane on Monday.

Its been a very emotional last few days as we've just found out that OH has to return indefinitely after only one week! We've only got a hotel booked for the first 2 weeks so it looks like I will have to be sorting everything out on my own :scared:

I think I'm going to need some BE support to get us through - at the moment I don't even know if I want to go through with it all :(

OMG, I'm tired just reading that! You must be exhausted.

I hope everything goes really smoothly from now on and your OH can be back with you really soon.

I'm fairly new to this board but do use other internet forums and I know how supportive I have found them to be - I'm sure you'll get lots of help and support from BE.

daisylilymum Oct 18th 2006 9:03 pm

Oh well. Good news you're off But bad news about Oh having to come back....
Use some of that stiff upper lip - she'll be right!! :D

Nikki.P Oct 18th 2006 9:04 pm

Wow, you must be completely shattered!!!! Just wanted to say good luck and anytime you need anything even if its just to vent - dont hesitate to give me a shout!!!

Take care

Nikki

mark 'n' joe Oct 18th 2006 9:06 pm

Best of luck to you. Hope you have a safe journey sorry you are going to be left sorting everything out. Keep yer chin up and try to remember the reasons you are doing this.

All the best. Big hugs.

Joex

Crazy Diamond Oct 18th 2006 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by Spikey
OMG, I'm tired just reading that! You must be exhausted.

I hope everything goes really smoothly from now on and your OH can be back with you really soon.

I'm fairly new to this board but do use other internet forums and I know how supportive I have found them to be - I'm sure you'll get lots of help and support from BE.

Thanks Spikey, but you know it doesn't matter how tired I get I still can't sleep more than about 4 hours - I hope when we finally get there I'll be able to sleep! I'd love to think we might be able to meet up with some other BEs - fingers crossed ;)

Crazy Diamond Oct 18th 2006 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by daisylilymum
Oh well. Good news you're off But bad news about Oh having to come back....
Use some of that stiff upper lip - she'll be right!! :D

Yes, I really should be focusing on the good news ;) :)

My upper lip is like a board as we speak! :D Thanks

branlor5 Oct 19th 2006 1:05 am

Good luck mate ,hope you have a great flight

If you need anything just give me a shout ,i will try and help you.

All the best

Laura

iPom Oct 19th 2006 2:30 am

We packed a day before, and completed and flew on the same day.

Hideously stressful so I know exactly how you're feeling...

Sorry to hear about your hub having to go back... Let us know if we can help you at all. I'm a bit far away right now, but there are loads in Brissy if you need assistance.

Have a lovely weekend in Spain - sounds fab!
Enjoy the flight and ...

Happy Landings! :)

Crazy Diamond Oct 19th 2006 6:49 am

Thanks everyone :)

I'm sure everything will be fine eventually, just getting a bit jittery!

Off to Spain now, its going to be a very boozy few days - that's bound to take my mind off things for a while! :)

Cheers :beer: :beer:

ali n ali Oct 19th 2006 7:00 am

We fly to Brisbane on monday , the packers came this week , it's an absolute nightmare , stressed out , millions of jobs to do still , so know how your feeling .

Anyway looking forward to it now , see you in Bris .

curly Oct 19th 2006 8:21 am

Hi L :)

Don't know when you'll next be on here, hope you have a good time in Spain, with not too many tears :( best of luck with Brisbane, sorry about your news about your OH, hopefully you'll be in contact by then with some BE's who are already there for some support, and don't forget we're all here for you ;)

N X

herrchook Oct 19th 2006 9:49 am

OMG, I can't imagine how hectic your week has been. Hope you have a great time in Spain and a safe journey on to Brisbane. I'm sure there will be loads of BE folks there to help you. And we're all here for you anytime on the forums.

Take care

Gill

TeresaG Oct 19th 2006 10:30 am

Sounds like you have had a really hectic week. Have a great time in Spain and a safe journey onto Brisbane.