Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

And we're off.........................

And we're off.........................

Old Jun 17th 2004, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough
Default And we're off.........................

Well we are in our final countdown now as we fly out of Heathrow on Monday at 6.30pm with Singapore Airlines……….can’t believe its really here!!!

We are packed and shipped now, house is fairly empty but have managed to borrow quite a bit to keep us going (portable tv on the patio chair in lounge is the funniest site) and the laptop will remain so can look in until Monday. Have started the goodbyes and although hard going, have been full of support too……prob hardest so far for me personally was my Nan, at the grand age of 90 has been an amazing influence in my life and is very encouraging for us to get out there and “make a damn good go at it�…………family days at w/end so testing time but we will be fine once Monday comes and we go to the airport…………we have each other and has strengthened our relationship no end, also both of us have lived and Graham has worked in Oz so have a bit of an idea of what we are going to, and very good friends who are putting us up in Perth for however long we want!!!

Now to saying thanks, so many and sorry if I forget anyone so thanks to you all so no one offended as this site has been a constant source of good information and light relief over the past year.

Boomie - cheers for the advice re TRA at very beginning, it helped a lot, best of luck with everything
Go Banana’s!! - thanks for recommending Oriental for our stopover, will let you know how it goes, see you soon
Larissa - thanks to you for telling me re vacuum bags, even though had to drive to Winchester as you’d bought up the whole of rest of Hampshire stock!! See you soon
Pete n Lisa - thanks for e mails, see you soon too
Footie Chick - your kind words x
All girls that met at Pompey Girls night out at Gunwharf……good night, thanks
Everyone we met last year at Stockbridge meet, mostly all gone now, Rach and family (Nosuchluck) all the best in your new life in Brisbane, you will love it
Simone - enjoyed your pics from WA

Hevs, HUP, Whiskey, DianeOZ, Jopaulss, Dagboys, Pollyanna, tinaj, Badgers, podgy possum, chippy for your great posts from Oz, they have been great for us to read this side……..

And to everyone else, my mind is full at minute and need a large glass of wine!!!!!!!

God its all getting emotional here, so will love you and leave from sunny Southampton and will catch soon from the depths of winter in Perth….yes my hot water bottle is packed!!!

Best of everything to you all

Teresa, Graham and Oliver Swift
Old Jun 17th 2004, 8:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: And we're off.........................

Wow, its that time already! thanks so much for the mention mate!
Hope that all your dream come true in Perth, remember to live life to the full my friend and keep in touch
With love and best wishes for your new lives down under
Rach, Mark and Chanelle xxxxxxx
Old Jun 17th 2004, 8:22 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Best of luck to you and yours

Have a safe trip

xxxxxxxx
Old Jun 17th 2004, 8:24 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Have a great last weekend, and a good flight!
See you there!

Fingers crossed for our containers!!!! Luckily I scanned all our pics

See you there, and then I can get some more pics from Perth itself!

Best wishes,

Simone

P.S. Geez, you remembered heaps of people, I'm not even going to try when we leave!!!!
Old Jun 17th 2004, 8:28 pm
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by Swifts
Well we are in our final countdown now as we fly out of Heathrow on Monday at 6.30pm with Singapore Airlines……….can’t believe its really here!!!

We are packed and shipped now, house is fairly empty but have managed to borrow quite a bit to keep us going (portable tv on the patio chair in lounge is the funniest site) and the laptop will remain so can look in until Monday. Have started the goodbyes and although hard going, have been full of support too……prob hardest so far for me personally was my Nan, at the grand age of 90 has been an amazing influence in my life and is very encouraging for us to get out there and “make a damn good go at it�…………family days at w/end so testing time but we will be fine once Monday comes and we go to the airport…………we have each other and has strengthened our relationship no end, also both of us have lived and Graham has worked in Oz so have a bit of an idea of what we are going to, and very good friends who are putting us up in Perth for however long we want!!!

Now to saying thanks, so many and sorry if I forget anyone so thanks to you all so no one offended as this site has been a constant source of good information and light relief over the past year.

Boomie - cheers for the advice re TRA at very beginning, it helped a lot, best of luck with everything
Go Banana’s!! - thanks for recommending Oriental for our stopover, will let you know how it goes, see you soon
Larissa - thanks to you for telling me re vacuum bags, even though had to drive to Winchester as you’d bought up the whole of rest of Hampshire stock!! See you soon
Pete n Lisa - thanks for e mails, see you soon too
Footie Chick - your kind words x
All girls that met at Pompey Girls night out at Gunwharf……good night, thanks
Everyone we met last year at Stockbridge meet, mostly all gone now, Rach and family (Nosuchluck) all the best in your new life in Brisbane, you will love it
Simone - enjoyed your pics from WA

Hevs, HUP, Whiskey, DianeOZ, Jopaulss, Dagboys, Pollyanna, tinaj, Badgers, podgy possum, chippy for your great posts from Oz, they have been great for us to read this side……..

And to everyone else, my mind is full at minute and need a large glass of wine!!!!!!!

God its all getting emotional here, so will love you and leave from sunny Southampton and will catch soon from the depths of winter in Perth….yes my hot water bottle is packed!!!

Best of everything to you all

Teresa, Graham and Oliver Swift

Hi Teresa and Graham,

We really hope you enjoy the Oriental and the stop-over !! You'll never forgive us if you don't !!

Keep posting, I know that you have said to Jill that you'll try and meet up when things are settled. Good luck with the trip and the first steps off the plane.

Thanks also for your own help, advice and support over tha last year. It will be nice to share a beer or two when I finally get over there for good later in the year !!

Best wishes

Warren & Jill
Perth 2004 !!! Its happening in 4 weeks:scared: :scared:

Old Jun 17th 2004, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

U take care my darling. Have a safe trip and a fab life in Oz. Make sure you keep in touch

footie xx
Old Jun 17th 2004, 9:21 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

All the best to you - hope Australia is everything you want it to be! Don't forget to let us know how you are getting on!!!
Old Jun 18th 2004, 12:51 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I know EXACTLY how you feel.

Have a good trip and good luck in Perth.
Old Jun 18th 2004, 1:17 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

The day has arrived (almost)...good luck, have a fantastic time here.
Old Jun 18th 2004, 5:25 am
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice

, Graham and Oliver Swift

Have a good flight and hope it all works out fine once you arrive on tother side, all the best
johanne
Old Jun 18th 2004, 7:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

See ya in Perth!!!
Made me lol about those vaccum bags, I didn't realise I'd got that obsessed!! :scared:
Hope the flight goes well, let us know how you get on.
See ya in Perth September / October, we will have to get a ladies night organised when we all get there (I'm sure that Sandra, Lisa, Hayleigh would be up for it!)
Take care!
Larissa
Old Jun 18th 2004, 7:08 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

I wish you all the luck in the world, and PLEASE SEND US ALL A POSTCARD ON HERE from PERTH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve n Debs
Old Jun 18th 2004, 9:53 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoy the flight, enjoy the new life. All the best. Remember friends and families are only a phone call away.
Old Jun 18th 2004, 9:58 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to you, Swifts! May it be everything you hope it is and nothing that you fear it might be. Safe trip, and make sure you let us know how you get on...
Old Jun 18th 2004, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Have a great trip and let us know how you get on with the stopover - may try that one out myself if it gets a good review.

Next stop Perth - hope everything works out well for you guys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.