And we're off...........

Wikiposts

And we're off...........

Old Jan 15th 2004, 2:58 am
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: And we're off...........

Originally posted by janeyray
Sniff, sniff......blowing nose sound........sniff......it won't be the same without you donna, good luck and I hope you enjoy your adventures!!! Speak to you soon, keep us posted, don't drive into any deep water..croc infested areas.. deep sand by the sea... and don't forget....NEVER LEAVE THE VEHICLE!!!!

Have a brilliant time, I'll let you know about the house!! sniff, sniff,
Thank you all for your good wishes,

We bought a readers digest book on travelling Oz. i spent last night revisiting all the snake & spider bite first aid procedures as you do. although I expect to have more trouble with sand flies.

Chris has the solution ...just don't get bitten

The book also gives advice on how to make a solar still, make a clock compass and get out of a sinking car. Nothing about crocs though.

We bought a fishing rod set today $7.50 Sally army, beach umbrella ($8) much cheaper than the ones we have seen at good sammy's for $15-25. and a cushion that perfectly matches the seats in the van.

The moulded carpet was fitted today and the van looks quite swish, someone is also lending us a 4 man tent for when Chris is in the doghouse

Jayne just one question can we leave the van to shower and to spend a cent?
Old Jan 15th 2004, 4:15 am
WBB

have a great trip

would love to do something similar one day, good luck.

Old Jan 15th 2004, 5:39 am
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by welshboybilly
have a great trip

would love to do something similar one day, good luck.
Thanks WBB,

You never know we may turn up at a Brisbane meet one day.
If you want to buy a second hand campervan, much loved, recent renovation, will deliver to Brissy
Old Jan 15th 2004, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

shedu is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Jirrupin
The time has come for us to venture far and wide across the great land that is Australia. We are very excited and will try to post some updates from time to time when we pop into an internet cafe.

We have decided to have a mooch about Western Australia first, more slowly than we did the first time, which will give us time to get to grips with the living in a van lifestyle and make sure it keeps going over long distances.

This will also keep us reasonably close, to Perth should we hear anything positive about the caravan park job.

That is as far as the planning has got, we had the maps out last night and have decided just to plan a couple of days at a time and go out and see as many of the great places that maybe we wouldn't want to drive a few hundred miles to see otherwise.

I expect some of you will be glad to see the back of me for a while, and I know some of you will wish us well on our travels.

For those of you coming to the house we are currently in I can report that no cockroaches have been seen for the past 4 days. Chris reckons I have scared them off, and is thinking of renting out my services

Pollyana, I hope the wedding day is absolutely wonderful for you.
I look forward to catching up on your news when I get the opportunity.

Jayneray, good luck with selling the house and the move back to the UK.

Badgers stay a good distance away from the snakes.

Signing off for now

Donna & Chris
Hope it all works out for you.

Thanks for getting rid of nasty crawly things - can I call you back if they return?? On a serious note what was the surface spray and do you have any other recommendations for me to buy on my first shopping trip when I get there - just in case they return.

Safe Travels and thanks again for all your help and advice. I for one have been very grateful you have been there.
Old Jan 15th 2004, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Donna & Chris

Hope that you have a great time. I will look forward to your updates.

Good Luck.
Old Jan 15th 2004, 8:24 am
Now in Mandurah

Pauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by Jirrupin
The time has come for us to venture far and wide across the great land that is Australia. We are very excited and will try to post some updates from time to time when we pop into an internet cafe.

We have decided to have a mooch about Western Australia first, more slowly than we did the first time, which will give us time to get to grips with the living in a van lifestyle and make sure it keeps going over long distances.

This will also keep us reasonably close, to Perth should we hear anything positive about the caravan park job.

That is as far as the planning has got, we had the maps out last night and have decided just to plan a couple of days at a time and go out and see as many of the great places that maybe we wouldn't want to drive a few hundred miles to see otherwise.

I expect some of you will be glad to see the back of me for a while, and I know some of you will wish us well on our travels.

For those of you coming to the house we are currently in I can report that no cockroaches have been seen for the past 4 days. Chris reckons I have scared them off, and is thinking of renting out my services

Pollyana, I hope the wedding day is absolutely wonderful for you.
I look forward to catching up on your news when I get the opportunity.

Jayneray, good luck with selling the house and the move back to the UK.

Badgers stay a good distance away from the snakes.

Signing off for now

Donna & Chris

Good luck, keep us all updated so we know what to look forward to!!

Pauline, John and Family
Old Jan 15th 2004, 8:29 am

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

Look forward to reading about your new adventure. Have a safe trip.
Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:39 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Donna, have fun, Im sure you will enjoy the rest of Australia more than Perth .
Old Jan 15th 2004, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Bon Voyage, au revoir, adieu, see ya, cheerio......

STAY SAFE & ENJOY

Diane x
Old Jan 15th 2004, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Chris and Donna good luck you guys and travel safe wont you hope it all goes well and enjoy
Joanne and family