Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

And we're off...........

And we're off...........

Old Jan 15th 2004, 12:34 pm
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking And we're off...........

The time has come for us to venture far and wide across the great land that is Australia. We are very excited and will try to post some updates from time to time when we pop into an internet cafe.

We have decided to have a mooch about Western Australia first, more slowly than we did the first time, which will give us time to get to grips with the living in a van lifestyle and make sure it keeps going over long distances.

This will also keep us reasonably close, to Perth should we hear anything positive about the caravan park job.

That is as far as the planning has got, we had the maps out last night and have decided just to plan a couple of days at a time and go out and see as many of the great places that maybe we wouldn't want to drive a few hundred miles to see otherwise.

I expect some of you will be glad to see the back of me for a while, and I know some of you will wish us well on our travels.

For those of you coming to the house we are currently in I can report that no cockroaches have been seen for the past 4 days. Chris reckons I have scared them off, and is thinking of renting out my services

Pollyana, I hope the wedding day is absolutely wonderful for you.
I look forward to catching up on your news when I get the opportunity.

Jayneray, good luck with selling the house and the move back to the UK.

Badgers stay a good distance away from the snakes.

Signing off for now

Donna & Chris
Old Jan 15th 2004, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Good luck Donna..hope it all works out..keep us informed
Old Jan 15th 2004, 12:44 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

enjoy

send a virtual postcard
Old Jan 15th 2004, 12:45 pm
Good to be back in UK

Originally posted by podgypossum
Good luck Donna..hope it all works out..keep us informed
I will pm you when we reach Adelaide PP. Good luck with the swimming and the 'diet'.

Donna
Old Jan 15th 2004, 12:48 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Donna and Chris! Keep in touch!
Old Jan 15th 2004, 12:49 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Have a fantastic time and take some photos for us lot stuck back here in the UK.

Hope you hear about the jobs too....
Old Jan 15th 2004, 12:52 pm
Go Banana's !!

Default Re: And we're off...........

Originally posted by Jirrupin
The time has come for us to venture far and wide across the great land that is Australia. We are very excited and will try to post some updates from time to time when we pop into an internet cafe.

We have decided to have a mooch about Western Australia first, more slowly than we did the first time, which will give us time to get to grips with the living in a van lifestyle and make sure it keeps going over long distances.

This will also keep us reasonably close, to Perth should we hear anything positive about the caravan park job.

That is as far as the planning has got, we had the maps out last night and have decided just to plan a couple of days at a time and go out and see as many of the great places that maybe we wouldn't want to drive a few hundred miles to see otherwise.

I expect some of you will be glad to see the back of me for a while, and I know some of you will wish us well on our travels.

For those of you coming to the house we are currently in I can report that no cockroaches have been seen for the past 4 days. Chris reckons I have scared them off, and is thinking of renting out my services

Signing off for now

Donna & Chris
Good luck to you both, keep posting and making sure we all stay on the straight and narrow......

Best wishes

Warren (& Jill who's at work !)
Perth 2004......

Old Jan 15th 2004, 12:56 pm
Vee
BE Enthusiast

Vee is an unknown quantity at this point

Good bye! Have a super time! Enjoy yourselves! Drive carefully!

Hope you have a smashing time living in a van and to nobody's timetable but your own.

I am soooooooooo envious of you! I wish I was going......!

Have a good time....all of the time....

V
Old Jan 15th 2004, 1:19 pm
Good to be back in UK

Originally posted by Go Banana's !!
Good luck to you both, keep posting and making sure we all stay on the straight and narrow......

Best wishes

Warren (& Jill who's at work !)
Perth 2004......
I can't really help being the way I am. It is they way I am moulded. remeber the heinz beanz ad "when I grow up I will be a proper little madam" I used to want to be that girl. Instead I became a social worker

Thanks for your good wishes
Old Jan 15th 2004, 1:21 pm
Good to be back in UK

Originally posted by Vee
Good bye! Have a super time! Enjoy yourselves! Drive carefully!

Hope you have a smashing time living in a van and to nobody's timetable but your own.

I am soooooooooo envious of you! I wish I was going......!

Have a good time....all of the time....

V
Hello Vee,

Your help and advice has been invaluable whilst we were getting everything together. It seems like it has taken us ages to get going but finally the day has dawned.
Old Jan 15th 2004, 1:25 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

GOOD LUCK (that's only for the in the van life )

HAVE FUN

KEEP POSTING

Which towns are you going to first? Or: north south or east??

Oh, and if you have limited time on the computer and want to research something like places to go, let us know, I love doing stuff like that! And of course we all love giving our own opinions and tips!

BON VOYAGE!
Old Jan 15th 2004, 1:46 pm
Vee
BE Enthusiast

Vee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Vee,

Your help and advice has been invaluable whilst we were getting everything together. It seems like it has taken us ages to get going but finally the day has dawned.
aaah shucks - thanks for that! Yes, I'm very knowledgable about weeing in the bush!

It does seem like a long time ago doesn't it? Well, now is time to get out there and hit the open road!

Now go on before I really get jelous!
Old Jan 15th 2004, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

ayanem is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck, Donna!

I hope everything works out and that you find exactly what you're looking for.

Alan
Old Jan 15th 2004, 1:51 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Signing off for now

Donna & Chris

Sniff, sniff......blowing nose sound........sniff......it won't be the same without you donna, good luck and I hope you enjoy your adventures!!! Speak to you soon, keep us posted, don't drive into any deep water..croc infested areas.. deep sand by the sea... and don't forget....NEVER LEAVE THE VEHICLE!!!!

Have a brilliant time, I'll let you know about the house!! sniff, sniff,
Old Jan 15th 2004, 1:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Best of luck Donna & Chris hope you have lots of fun on your travelling adventures. I look forward to hearing your tales when you get time to post them.

Take care

footie chick xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.