Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

We're here and its hot!!!

We're here and its hot!!!

Old Feb 13th 2004, 11:35 pm
visa'd member oh yeah!

CROSSY is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool We're here and its hot!!!

Hello you lot what have we missed? wbb have you got it yet? have there been many got it's? if we missed any....well done to you
We arrived in Adelaide last thursday 5th via singapore, singapore airlines are brilliant by the way. We dropped off the bags at my brother's house and headed up to Glenelg for breakfast on the beachfront and a spot of Podgypossum spotting,Brekkie was great but did'nt see PP Not a cloud in sight, so a bit of paddling and a wander up the beach seemed like a good idea and much fun was had by all.
Since that first day it's been pretty full on,applied for a TFN, opened a bank acc, went to the gov't auctions and bought a 2001 VXll Acclaim Wagon, we've looked at loads of houses in loads of areas (this place is big!!) and we've put in an offer on beuty in O'halloran hill:scared: And to top it all there was a knock at the door yesterday morning which i answered in my dressing gown!!! and this bloke said he had heard from a mate of my brother that i was a tiler and did i want a job fully employed no less!! first time i've had an interview at home in my dressing gown but hey!!! So i've got a couple of weeks of holiday before i start work
Ok one more highlight before i go and take the rose tints off We went up to a hill overlooking most of Adelaide and watched a beautiful sunset, it was magical watching the city lights come out as the sun went down, i have loads of pics which i will put online and post the details for those who want to see.
We feel very much like we've come home.
good luck to all still waiting,
Crossy and co
Old Feb 14th 2004, 12:19 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: We're here and its hot!!!

Originally posted by CROSSY
went to the gov't auctions and bought a 2001 VXll Acclaim Wagon,
Crossy and co
Nice one, Crossy - did you get a good deal on the wagon?
Old Feb 14th 2004, 12:48 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like things are going well.
Good Luck !
Old Feb 14th 2004, 12:59 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, good luck with the new job. How jammie are you ????? Fantastic. Hope we are as lucky ( yep, we're one of the we've got its!!!!!)
Old Feb 14th 2004, 1:04 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

CROSSY...welcome, welcome, welcome!!

i'm having a birthday party in March...you wanna come???
Old Feb 14th 2004, 1:20 am
BE Enthusiast

jockney is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi crossy welcome to adelaide,bit of a hot start for you.Hope you love adelaide as much as we do`I`m sure you will
Old Feb 14th 2004, 7:23 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Great news crossy. Keep us posted on how things are progressing.

Sarah
Old Feb 14th 2004, 7:43 am
WBB

congrats on getting sorted so soon, a job and a house...not bad.

you have missed a lot around here in the last week or two, but no visa yet and no news either.

keep us posted mate.

Old Feb 14th 2004, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Crossy

Good to hear you are settling in. Life sounds great. Look forward to those piccies.

Have you missed much round here ??!! Hmmm. Let's say its been colourful !
Old Feb 14th 2004, 8:09 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Well done, Crossy!

Can't wait to get there myself, mate!

Steve.
Old Feb 14th 2004, 8:15 am
Perth Bound

Avery Family is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Gary

Congratulations mate.... well done on getting a job so soon.

any chance this guy has a mate in Perth!? we sold the house and are heading out after Easter.

... no I haven't forgoten I oew you guys a cold beer...

See Ya

Simon
Old Feb 14th 2004, 8:33 am
visa'd member oh yeah!

CROSSY is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Simon, well done on the house front, i look forward to that beer!! we have family coming to perth at the end of april so we'll be up for a long weekend i'll let you know when so we can meet up, see you soon mate
Fingers crossed for you WBB
Jockney and PP, thanks guys, it's great here isn't it, PP let me know closer to the event and if we're not in the middle of moving we'd love to come
Don, yes we got a great deal $23,200 with only 33k kms and full service history
Just got back from the beach at semaphore, nice to cool off.
Ahhhh this is the life
Old Feb 14th 2004, 3:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Great news CROSSY & CO sounds like youve settled really well,
best wishes to you all
rach, mark and chanelle xx
Old Feb 14th 2004, 3:52 pm
Go Banana's !!

Sounds great Crossy,

All sorted in such a short space of time, you lucky lucky b******d !!

I only hope it goes as smoothly for us when we get there.

Good luck and don't go falling off any roofs !

Best wishes

Warren & Jill
Perth 2004.....

Old Feb 14th 2004, 11:12 pm
A soft and furry member

Bluey is an unknown quantity at this point

Great start Crossy, welcome to Adelaide. How are you liking the 45c + tempearture then? Dont worry, it's not always like this.

Good to see you've sorted out a house and job already, any other info you need, don't hesitate to e-mail and we'll help you in any way we can.

Cheers,
Bluey.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.