we're here...

Old Feb 23rd 2004, 9:30 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default we're here...

Hello Everyone,

Well we're here at last. The flight was mixed, the service was excellent as usual (Singapore) but my 5 year old daughter had a sickness bug about 6 hours in which was pretty dreadful (apologies to all other passengers). I was amazed how quickly we got through immigration and customs, and yes, we got a 'welcome to Australia' from both!

We arrived in Brisbane during the most fantastic electrical storm and the now infamous heat and humidity. So far I can highly recomend happy koala homes. They met us at the airport and had hired a large minibus for our luggage at their expense as well as transport to get us to the house. The house itself is well equipped (including this pc) and clean, and the amount of helpful info and forms etc they have left for us will save us a lot of legwork! They also provided a grocery pack that was worth its weight in gold as we arrived on a Sunday night.

Today we've spent mooching around and getting over jet lag (up at 4.30am today ) Tomorrow we start househunting.

Thanks to those who've pm'd me contact numbers here, I'll be in touch just as soon as I buy a mobile

Michaela
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 9:39 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: we're here...

Originally posted by mcmercer
Hello Everyone,

Well we're here at last. The flight was mixed, the service was excellent as usual (Singapore) but my 5 year old daughter had a sickness bug about 6 hours in which was pretty dreadful (apologies to all other passengers). I was amazed how quickly we got through immigration and customs, and yes, we got a 'welcome to Australia' from both!

We arrived in Brisbane during the most fantastic electrical storm and the now infamous heat and humidity. So far I can highly recomend happy koala homes. They met us at the airport and had hired a large minibus for our luggage at their expense as well as transport to get us to the house. The house itself is well equipped (including this pc) and clean, and the amount of helpful info and forms etc they have left for us will save us a lot of legwork! They also provided a grocery pack that was worth its weight in gold as we arrived on a Sunday night.

Today we've spent mooching around and getting over jet lag (up at 4.30am today ) Tomorrow we start househunting.

Thanks to those who've pm'd me contact numbers here, I'll be in touch just as soon as I buy a mobile

Michaela

oooh...lovely to hear you made to the 'other side' safely!!!!
Hope the little um is ok now.....was it due to the flight or was it a bug?
good luck with settling in and finding a new home....keep in touch and give us regular updates!!!!!!

take care

sue
xx
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

pockygoes will become famous soon enough

Who are happy koala homes? Have they got a sister company in Perth as we will be looking for something similar when we get there.

pockygoes
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Really glad you have made is safely, hope all works out for you

with love

sandra
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 11:07 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you arrived ok Michaela, talk to you soon!
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 11:27 am
WBB

that didn't take long did it.........keep us posted with any developments.

Old Feb 23rd 2004, 11:41 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to Brisbane, Michaela and family!!! look forwarfd to meeting you soon
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 11:44 am
Account Closed

Originally posted by pockygoes
Who are happy koala homes? Have they got a sister company in Perth as we will be looking for something similar when we get there.

pockygoes

Hi Pockygoes,
Just Brisbane I'm afraid, it's run by a couple who emigrated themselves 3 years ago and have therefore been able to anticipate every need!
I see you're in the Midlands, we've been asked several times today by lovely friendly Brisbane people why we've come, when we say we're from Birmingham they say thats all they need to know!

Michaela
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Hi Michaela

Glad to hear that you arrived ok. We had the same trouble with our seven year old when we went to validate. She was really sick on the singapore-brisbane flight.

Hope everything goes well for you.
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 11:59 am
earlswood

Hi Michaela!!

Glad you arrived safely

Looking forward to reading your posts.
Glad to hear about Koala homes as we will be haeding from Birmingham to Brisbane in a few months and have saved the site to favorites

Will be interested to see where you settle.

Take care and have fun, hope you get over the jet lag and your little one is better.

Anita x

Old Feb 23rd 2004, 12:32 pm
99.99999% there !

EssexNobby is an unknown quantity at this point

Hope to be making the tip to Brissy ourselves soon and Koala Homes sounds like just the sort of thing that we'll need to help us through the initial settling period

Do you have a web link for them or even an email address ? :confusded:
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

pockygoes will become famous soon enough

Hi Mcmercer

Also noticed that you were from Birmingham - have put east midlands on profile as were are officially on the border between east & west. A sleepy village near Tamworth actually. We are asked the same question ourselves about why we want to move. Given the choice, there is no choice!!!!

The most exciting thing that happens is the footie derby - and that was pretty gripping stuff yesterday. Much rather be in Oz though - lets see - shall we go for a swim at the beach, or fishing or off roading or shall we go shopping at the bullring - hobsons choice eh.

Good luck & hope everything turns out for you - will keep our eyes open & hope that you will give us lots of updates.

See ya

pockygoes
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

stefian is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi mcmercer

we too are heading for Brisbane. have you a Web address for happy koala home, they sound pretty good.

Steph

All documents received. just need a buyer for my house
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 1:54 pm
Account Closed

the link for the house is www.happykoalahomes.com most of the info is on the site but feel free to pm me with any questions. Its early days as we only arrived last night but so far I cant fault them.

Thanks for your replys everyone, I'll try to update regularly, let me know when it gets boring

Michaela
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

karen p is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mcmercer
the link for the house is www.happykoalahomes.com most of the info is on the site but feel free to pm me with any questions. Its early days as we only arrived last night but so far I cant fault them.

Thanks for your replys everyone, I'll try to update regularly, let me know when it gets boring

Michaela
I have looked at this website and they sound really good.

Though they have pictures, they have no details of where
they have properties. I have sent them an e-mail, but
perhaps you could also post that info (if you have it to hand)
as I'm sure others would like to know as well. Where abouts in
Brisbane are you?

How long have you decided to rent with them? I can't decide
whether to use them as a fairly short term let (ie only a few
days while sorting out a longer term rent) or for medium term
(ie until shipping arrives, so no longer need to rent furnished) or
go the whole hog and just rent with them until we decide to buy (the last might end up being a bit too pricey).

Sorry to bombard you with all these questions.

Enjoy settling in, though the weather might be a bit tough for a while!! (Does the house have ceiling fans/air con?)

Ta ra for now, have to pick up my daughter from school.

All the best Karen

Enj

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.