Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

We're coming to brisbane - it's all booked!!

We're coming to brisbane - it's all booked!!

Old Feb 3rd 2010, 9:04 pm
Account Closed

myrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of light
Default We're coming to brisbane - it's all booked!!

Woo Hoo
Have to shout it out - just booked our accommodation and flights, leaving on 30th June. Estate agents been round - we have decided to sell with a view to letting at the last minute if necessary. Yippee - we are on our way
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 9:07 pm
Account Closed

louise is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: We're coming to brisbane - it's all booked!!

Congratulations

Which area are you heading for? who did you book your flights with?
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 9:13 pm
Account Closed

myrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by louise
Congratulations

Which area are you heading for? who did you book your flights with?
Sooo excited - booked singapore airlines as fab trip with them for our reccie Staying in furnished in Woolongabba for 4-6 weeks but looking for longer term unfurnished in either - Wooloowin, ferny Grove, Ashgrove or few others - depending on availability/price and what we think after spending time in these places
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

james1972 has a brilliant futurejames1972 has a brilliant futurejames1972 has a brilliant futurejames1972 has a brilliant futurejames1972 has a brilliant futurejames1972 has a brilliant futurejames1972 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by myrtle1
Sooo excited - booked singapore airlines as fab trip with them for our reccie Staying in furnished in Woolongabba for 4-6 weeks but looking for longer term unfurnished in either - Wooloowin, ferny Grove, Ashgrove or few others - depending on availability/price and what we think after spending time in these places
Great news, very quick and well done on to you all. We have heard good things about Singapore Airlines. We are looking to stay in Singapore for a week. We are lucky top have a friend there.

Will keep you updated with our plans.
James
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Woo Hoo
Have to shout it out - just booked our accommodation and flights, leaving on 30th June. Estate agents been round - we have decided to sell with a view to letting at the last minute if necessary. Yippee - we are on our way
Hey Myrtle

I'm really glad you've found somewhere to stay that's closer to the area you want to be. Don't forget to bring your winter woolies!!! It's cold in July!!!!

Love

Rudi
x
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 10:43 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by james1972
Great news, very quick and well done on to you all. We have heard good things about Singapore Airlines. We are looking to stay in Singapore for a week. We are lucky top have a friend there.

Will keep you updated with our plans.
James
Cool - hope all goes well! Meet u all for a beer in Brissy maybe??

Originally Posted by Rudi
Hey Myrtle

I'm really glad you've found somewhere to stay that's closer to the area you want to be. Don't forget to bring your winter woolies!!! It's cold in July!!!!

Love

Rudi
x
thank you - personally would've preferred to be nearer the coast but hubbie was having none of it! Think he thought once I was there, there'd be no moving me - and I have to agree!
Thanks again for your help though - have passed your details to my best mate who will be contacting you soon. She gets her own way with her OH and being in a fab location, your place ticks all her boxes for her nex hols!!
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 10:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

James516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud of

Well done on avoiding Bayside
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 11:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by James516
Well done on avoiding Bayside
OI you!! Behave!!!

The Bayside is luuuuurvley

Thanks Myrtle, for passing on my details - I really appreciate that.

Love

Rudi
x
Old Feb 4th 2010, 3:43 am
BE Enthusiast

shears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond repute

Hey myrtle congrats on booking the flights!

Wooloowin has some lovely streets and nice old Queenslander houses and it only takes about 10 mins on the train into the city. My kids were at school there but we live in Redcliffe now (were staying with my sis in Albany Creek at the time)

The building works for the Clem 7 tunnel will all be finished by the time you get here, otherwise I wouldn't have recommended that area because the traffic was a nightmare!
Old Feb 4th 2010, 4:27 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Leaving 30th June?

Great. If you need any help about the local area then give me a yell.

...oh and if you are looking for somewhere to watch FIFA 4tr finals onwards, then ArriveDerci in Milton (inner west just outside CBD) is the place to go for a good crowd no matter what time of day.

I'll be there for at least every England game (*hoping* we're still there at 4tr finals time) with a crowd and it'll be a good opportunity for you to meet a few people - and a place to go with some life when you happen to be awake at 4am!!!
Old Feb 4th 2010, 7:43 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by shears
Hey myrtle congrats on booking the flights!

Wooloowin has some lovely streets and nice old Queenslander houses and it only takes about 10 mins on the train into the city. My kids were at school there but we live in Redcliffe now (were staying with my sis in Albany Creek at the time)

The building works for the Clem 7 tunnel will all be finished by the time you get here, otherwise I wouldn't have recommended that area because the traffic was a nightmare!
Thanks for that While we have researched areas well, online and on our reccie - we are staying very open minded until we have had a 'proper' look around this time. We absolutely love the Queenlander houses - but as fish.01 recently reminded me, they can vary from stunning to a shack!!!!!!

Originally Posted by DadAgain
...oh and if you are looking for somewhere to watch FIFA 4tr finals onwards, then ArriveDerci in Milton (inner west just outside CBD) is the place to go for a good crowd no matter what time of day.
Excellent idea - will definitely be up for that!
You've been such a great help to us - your posts have been fab and have offered all the info we have been looking to find out! I'm sure we'll be calling on you again
Old Feb 4th 2010, 7:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats! No wasting time.

You're gonna miss 'summer' here. Oh well.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

wilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi there, firstly a BIG CONGRATULATIONS and second, how did you manage to arrange 4 -6 weeks accommodation? Iv been looking at things like that but cant find anything
Old Feb 4th 2010, 8:51 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Congrats! No wasting time.

You're gonna miss 'summer' here. Oh well.
Yep - the plan all along was to go July and then tightwad welsh hubbie saw it was $600 less to go one day earlier - no argument there! Also my degree starts mid sept so wanted get settled by then See you over there !!
Old Feb 4th 2010, 8:56 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by wilson01
Hi there, firstly a BIG CONGRATULATIONS and second, how did you manage to arrange 4 -6 weeks accommodation? Iv been looking at things like that but cant find anything
We had a nightmare but typically we ended up with a few to choose from. Pm me a rough idea of you preferred area an budget and I will pm you with full details of what we found was available. Will do this when I get home at tea time - supposed to be studyin at uni today!! Needless to say .... Spent past hour on BE more fun though !!! Catch up later

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.