Reload this Page >

We're back, lots to tell

Wikiposts

We're back, lots to tell

Old Apr 17th 2004, 2:30 am
BE Enthusiast

ScuntoBris will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by carryon

We liked Redcliffe, smallish place, another great lagoon area with picnic areas, some street cafes, of course it depends on what you want, Bribie island was great, but house prices there have gone mad according to a family we met in a park, they had emigrater 24 years ago and love the place. had a nice river trip on good friday, looked very nice along the banks with parks full of people doing barbies and sports in the parks.
Petrol was cheaper here than anywhere else, 82cents litre,
spent most of the river trip talking to a bloke and his wife, he emigrated 40 years ago, only been back to england once in all that time, loves the place. our verdict, liked it but needed to see more to really get a good idea.
Glad you thought Redcliffe looked ok, there is a certain Welsh person on this website who would never gob a job with the local tourist information centre.
Old Apr 17th 2004, 2:39 am
Forum Regular

carryon has a spectacular aura aboutcarryon has a spectacular aura aboutcarryon has a spectacular aura about

Yeah, boy did she give Redcliffe a kicking in an earlier thread, as i said we liked it, and the surrounding area too!
would it be a good area to bring up a young family?
As you live there what is your view?
Of course ceri has the right to her opinion, but i didn't notice loads off run down wooden shacks.
All the best Carryon.....
Old Apr 17th 2004, 3:05 am
BE Enthusiast

ScuntoBris will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by carryon
Yeah, boy did she give Redcliffe a kicking in an earlier thread, as i said we liked it, and the surrounding area too!
would it be a good area to bring up a young family?
As you live there what is your view?
Of course ceri has the right to her opinion, but i didn't notice loads off run down wooden shacks.
All the best Carryon.....
As we do not have a young family it is difficult to advise, I would say that there is a selection of Public and Private schooling, the Foggies who live at Scarborough send their children to a local private school, where my Uncle also sends his daughter, and is well recommended by both families.

There is a good selection of sporting facilities within the peninsula community, should your children require.

We have yet to see any problem with the Houghton Highway which links the area to the main road into the city. As previously stated though the beach area will never compare with either the Gold or Sunshine Coast, however Suttons is clean and the parkland ajoining this beach and the lagoon are well kept.

This evening we have enjoyed an excellent meal on the parade front and a couple of beers at the few bars available.

Hopefully all readers must realise that all areas are not as bad, and not as good as some may think (if that makes sense).
Old Apr 17th 2004, 12:25 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by ScuntoBris
As previously stated though the beach area will never compare with either the Gold or Sunshine Coast, however Suttons is clean and the parkland ajoining this beach and the lagoon are well kept.

This evening we have enjoyed an excellent meal on the parade front and a couple of beers at the few bars available.

Hopefully all readers must realise that all areas are not as bad, and not as good as some may think (if that makes sense).
It makes total sense

Suttons beach is the one that we came up to, I couldn't remember the name earlier, its got that Fish cafe place on the front, yes ? Suttons compares very well against most British Beaches
I'm just visualising the beaches on the Isle of Sheppey now