Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

We're all bubbled up......

We're all bubbled up......

Old Jan 8th 2005, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute
Default We're all bubbled up......

Well, after 162 days OR 24 weeks OR 5 months and 7 days - ( Not that we'e been counting or anything )

OUR RUBBISH FROM THE UK HAS FINALLY ARRIVED!!!

And so yesterday we were surrounded by heaps of bubble wrap!!!!

( Wish it had all arrived a couple of weeks ago - would have saved us a few $$$ at xmas time!!! - Tightwad!!! )

After, what can only be called ( and quite correctly IMO ) a " catalogue of errors " our ( small ) shipment of belongings arrived at our new aussie home and our ickle nippers were chuffed to bits -

All their soft toys, their HUGE book collection, their vids / dvds, their big plastic dinosaur collection, their general kiddie crap...everything unblemished and gladly welcomed into their new home!!!

For us - Ste's work tools ( which he has been managing to work without, but now seems a bit "too" pleased to see, I.E he was physically kissing his gas gauges, spanners and meters - WEIRDO!!!! )

And for me ( girly bit here - all boys look away - all our kids 'baby' photo's (( and our wedding pics)) which were 'mildew free' - had a few wobbly moments at the thought of me kids bubba pics being moldy....

So, even tho' the company we used were COMPLETELY pants - UK side IDIOTS!!! Aus side - HERO'S!!!! ( PM me if you wish to avoid the poo we encountered, even tho' everything turned out 'nice' in the end...- didn't somebody famous say that???

Anyone requiring several meters of bubble wrap in the near future...please feel free to PM me and you can have it for nowt!!!!!

Cheers - now 'happy' in Oz = got our few meagre, emotional bits and pieces with us ( the things that really mattered - we sold all our furniture etc before we left Uk shores ) and our 'rental' is now starting to look like a home, I.E ickle peeps toys everywhere, stubbing me toes on plastic dino's, that sort of thing...

Back to normality!!!!!

( And that bubblewrap is still free to a good home!!!! )
Old Jan 8th 2005, 12:24 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We're all bubbled up......

Hi Leigh,

Glad to hear that everything turned out OK in the end and that all your stuff arrived safely and in good condition.

How long before the novelty of stubbing your toes on dinos wears off and you feel like shipping it all back again!

GG
Old Jan 8th 2005, 12:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordie George
Hi Leigh,

Glad to hear that everything turned out OK in the end and that all your stuff arrived safely and in good condition.

How long before the novelty of stubbing your toes on dinos wears off and you feel like shipping it all back again!

GG

Hi GG,

well, it's been about 36 hrs since the stuff arrived and I think I have a permanetly imprinted version of a T-Rex on me ickle toe already - darn those kids!!!!

Not sending it all back tho', christ at the rate it took to get here, we'd be lucky for it to get back for the next millenium!!!

Old Jan 8th 2005, 1:32 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

i remember getting my stuf - The Bloke came home from work and found me surounded by photos, Lego, soft toys, bits of the kitchen - better than Christmas! I know exactly how you feel having all your gear around you - it does make it feel more like you belong, doesn't it.
Thats why I find it odd when people come over with nothing - each to their own I guess, but I love the familiarity of my "stuff"

By the way, on the dinosaur front.....my sister spent 7 years tripping over them everywhere she went. This year, nephew, now 11, says "No dinosaurs for Christmas thanks". Sigh of relief from sister.

Now everywhere she goes she treads on an Orc. Lord of the Rings has arrived in Bristol. There are 60 of them, on the stairs, in the kitchen, in the car, being retrieved from behind the bookcase, stealing sweets from 8 year old's toy sweet shop.....my sister says the dinosaurs can return asap!
Old Jan 8th 2005, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

cazzamack is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by steandleigh
Well, after 162 days OR 24 weeks OR 5 months and 7 days - ( Not that we'e been counting or anything )

OUR RUBBISH FROM THE UK HAS FINALLY ARRIVED!!!

And so yesterday we were surrounded by heaps of bubble wrap!!!!

( Wish it had all arrived a couple of weeks ago - would have saved us a few $$$ at xmas time!!! - Tightwad!!! )

After, what can only be called ( and quite correctly IMO ) a " catalogue of errors " our ( small ) shipment of belongings arrived at our new aussie home and our ickle nippers were chuffed to bits -

All their soft toys, their HUGE book collection, their vids / dvds, their big plastic dinosaur collection, their general kiddie crap...everything unblemished and gladly welcomed into their new home!!!

For us - Ste's work tools ( which he has been managing to work without, but now seems a bit "too" pleased to see, I.E he was physically kissing his gas gauges, spanners and meters - WEIRDO!!!! )

And for me ( girly bit here - all boys look away - all our kids 'baby' photo's (( and our wedding pics)) which were 'mildew free' - had a few wobbly moments at the thought of me kids bubba pics being moldy....

So, even tho' the company we used were COMPLETELY pants - UK side IDIOTS!!! Aus side - HERO'S!!!! ( PM me if you wish to avoid the poo we encountered, even tho' everything turned out 'nice' in the end...- didn't somebody famous say that???

Anyone requiring several meters of bubble wrap in the near future...please feel free to PM me and you can have it for nowt!!!!!

Cheers - now 'happy' in Oz = got our few meagre, emotional bits and pieces with us ( the things that really mattered - we sold all our furniture etc before we left Uk shores ) and our 'rental' is now starting to look like a home, I.E ickle peeps toys everywhere, stubbing me toes on plastic dino's, that sort of thing...

Back to normality!!!!!

( And that bubblewrap is still free to a good home!!!! )

Congratuations on recieving you bits and pieces. Please can I ask why it all took so long to arrive?

Our stuff left our house on 17th December, also neatly bubble wrapped, to be loadeed on to a ship due to sail on 24th December.

Due to bad weather, 200 containers were left off the ship - ours being one of them. So already we are one month behind schedule. Johns tools are also in the container and we worry that working when we arrive in Sydney (19th Jan - woo hoo not long now) will be difficult.

We now have our fingers firmly crossed that the container will make the next sailing tat it is booked on and that it does arrive on 16th Feb as promised by the shippers.