Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Wentworth International Removals and White and Company - Anyone used them?

Wentworth International Removals and White and Company - Anyone used them?

Old Aug 5th 2008, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

Helen Randle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wentworth International Removals and White and Company - Anyone used them?

Hi, just had a quote from Wentworth international Removals nd wondered if anyone has had any experience of them?
They have quoted me £1895 for around 300cuft + insurance in a shared container.
I'm getting a quote from the more well known White and Company this week so a interested in any opinions on them too....
Thank you!!
Helen
Old Aug 5th 2008, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Wentworth International Removals and White and Company - Anyone used them?

Hi Helen,

I am using Whites at the moment. All my belongings are sitting in storage waiting to go.
The Boys were great, did all the packing and loading in one day. There was 3 off them doing it.
I expected it to take 2 days. So far no problems. But a long way to go yet.
Good luck
Shabee
x
Old Aug 5th 2008, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Wentworth International Removals and White and Company - Anyone used them?

Did you opt for your own shipment or a shared one?
Was the price reasonable?
Hx
Old Aug 5th 2008, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

trevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the rough

Hi we are using whites later this month...they were really helpful and very cheap..£3200 for a sole use 20ft container.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

The_Slates will become famous soon enoughThe_Slates will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Helen Randle
Hi, just had a quote from Wentworth international Removals nd wondered if anyone has had any experience of them?
They have quoted me £1895 for around 300cuft + insurance in a shared container.
I'm getting a quote from the more well known White and Company this week so a interested in any opinions on them too....
Thank you!!
Helen
Hi we had a guy round from White & Company for a quote this week just waiting for the quote to come back, I will let you know how I got on. The guy that came round seemed to know what he was talking about, dont know if thats a good thing or not!!!
Old Oct 6th 2008, 8:07 am
Just Joined

T5Mikka is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Wentworth International Removals and White and Company - Anyone used them?

Wentworth Removals provided us with an A+ service and they where the cheapest, think the person who came round was Geoff who provided us with a real professional service and was our move manager throughout the move, it is nice to have a single point of contact regarding anything to do with the move.
So yes I would recommend Wentworth Removals.
Old Oct 6th 2008, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

The_Slates will become famous soon enoughThe_Slates will become famous soon enough

We used White & Co in the end quite reasonable, really helpful our personal belongings was packed up about 2weeks ago, got a phone call friday to say that it is going to be shipped today 6th and will arrived mid November so fingers crossed it gets there in one piece.
Old Oct 6th 2008, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The_Slates
We used White & Co in the end quite reasonable, really helpful our personal belongings was packed up about 2weeks ago, got a phone call friday to say that it is going to be shipped today 6th and will arrived mid November so fingers crossed it gets there in one piece.
Hello, thanks everyone for your replies. I have used White and Company, 3/4 of my stuff is in storage until i get my visa then the rest of it will be added and shipped! White and Co were good and the sales manager was great and very helpful in getting the cheapest option for me - think he felt sorry for me - single mum bonus!!
Anyway, I can't wait to get there and get my stuff back as it means I'll have a place to live too!
H x
Old Oct 6th 2008, 9:05 am
Just Joined

Lightbulb Re: Wentworth International Removals and White and Company - Anyone used them?

Oh forgot to say, Wentworth Removals have a baggage department, they sent my real important stuff by plane (4 boxes) which took about 5 days and this was a God send while I waited for all my other stuff to come by ship in a container which took a month.
Trust me it really helps to have some clothes, computer bits and pieces (take a laptop with you on the plane as its small), some books and the basics for the kitchen and living room.
Only send stuff by baggage that you REALLY need and cant wait to arrive by ship otherwise it will cost you a fortune.

Other advise, if you can scan all your pictures and store them on a DVD or flash disk and any videos and digitial pictures you have, then take the DVD with you on the plane as hand luggage, if something does go wrong you will never be able to replace those images and videos unless you have made a backup DVD or disk.

Good luck to you Helen, your living the dream.
Old Oct 6th 2008, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by T5Mikka
Oh forgot to say, Wentworth Removals have a baggage department, they sent my real important stuff by plane (4 boxes) which took about 5 days and this was a God send while I waited for all my other stuff to come by ship in a container which took a month.
Trust me it really helps to have some clothes, computer bits and pieces (take a laptop with you on the plane as its small), some books and the basics for the kitchen and living room.
Only send stuff by baggage that you REALLY need and cant wait to arrive by ship otherwise it will cost you a fortune.

Other advise, if you can scan all your pictures and store them on a DVD or flash disk and any videos and digitial pictures you have, then take the DVD with you on the plane as hand luggage, if something does go wrong you will never be able to replace those images and videos unless you have made a backup DVD or disk.

Good luck to you Helen, your living the dream.

Thank you! Your last sentence just got me SOOOOOOO excited!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 8th 2008, 8:55 am
Just Joined

No worries as they say in AUS, I've lived there and loved it, I shall return one day