Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Welsh Rugby Fans - Sunshine Coast

Welsh Rugby Fans - Sunshine Coast

Old Oct 17th 2006, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

owenj is just really niceowenj is just really niceowenj is just really niceowenj is just really niceowenj is just really niceowenj is just really niceowenj is just really niceowenj is just really nice
Default Welsh Rugby Fans - Sunshine Coast

Trying to find some fellow Welshmen/women or general rugby fans to enjoy the upcoming Autumn Internationals with.
Anyone know of anywhere that is likely to show the games?.....(they are playing australia first on 5th November, but it will be on at about midnight)
The only alternative is shouting at the TV at home, and blaming my wife for the dodgy refereeing decisions/ missed kicks etc........
If no pubs are showing, I would be happy to host at my humble abode if there is interest..........but australian commentary would have to be off, it's bad enough listening to them against a team I don't even support!!!
Old Oct 17th 2006, 3:49 pm
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Welsh Rugby Fans - Sunshine Coast

and blaming my wife for the dodgy refereeing decisions/ missed kicks etc........

So am I correct in thinking your wife is both an international ref and the welsh number 10????
How about your local rugby club matey? Whereabouts are you on the sunny coast?
Old Oct 17th 2006, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

owenj is just really niceowenj is just really niceowenj is just really niceowenj is just really niceowenj is just really niceowenj is just really niceowenj is just really niceowenj is just really nice

Originally Posted by rugbymad
and blaming my wife for the dodgy refereeing decisions/ missed kicks etc........

So am I correct in thinking your wife is both an international ref and the welsh number 10????
How about your local rugby club matey? Whereabouts are you on the sunny coast?
Well thank god she is neither of those!
Mooloolaba, so could give Maroochydore RFC a go I suppose.
Old Oct 17th 2006, 10:14 pm
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold

Good luck Mate i'm sure it'll be on at the club,if not try Caloundra rfc,nice club,can't even remeber if they had a tv but worth a shout to see if they can recommend anywhere for you.Best of luck with it.
Old Oct 27th 2006, 3:45 pm
Travelling Taffy

Bungle G Bear has a spectacular aura aboutBungle G Bear has a spectacular aura aboutBungle G Bear has a spectacular aura about

Take a flight to Sydney, find the Strand on Williams St and join our merry little band as we rejoice to the dancing feet of Shane Williams as he skips past the fumbling Ozzies next weekend my Taffy friend.

Good luck Mate i'm sure it'll be on at the club,if not try Caloundra rfc,nice club,can't even remeber if they had a tv but worth a shout to see if they can recommend anywhere for you.Best of luck with it.
Old Oct 27th 2006, 3:59 pm
Running on the spot.

Is that Shane "same size as my 9 year old and can't tackle as well as Him" Williams???????????
Save your money and go see the welsh in Brisbane @ Lang Park June 2 '07
Also playing in Sydney Olympic stad'May 26th.
IMO these will be better games to see due to the fact that the coaches will use these games (IMO) to select the final squads for the RWC.

Only kidding about williams............but he can't tackle can he and he is so small......
Old Oct 28th 2006, 2:36 am
Travelling Taffy

Bungle G Bear has a spectacular aura aboutBungle G Bear has a spectacular aura aboutBungle G Bear has a spectacular aura about

Is that Shane "same size as my 9 year old and can't tackle as well as Him" Williams???????????
Save your money and go see the welsh in Brisbane @ Lang Park June 2 '07
Also playing in Sydney Olympic stad'May 26th.
IMO these will be better games to see due to the fact that the coaches will use these games (IMO) to select the final squads for the RWC.

Only kidding about williams............but he can't tackle can he and he is so small......

Can't wait for their summer tour but where & how do we get our paws on tickets over here? Can't see them on ticketmaster or ticketek....

Do you know if its as regimented as in the uk, having to be a member of a rugby club to get even a sniff of getting an international ticket ?

No offence taken about shane by the way - he's that small he'll be running through the legs of the Ozzies on Saturday.
Old Oct 28th 2006, 8:58 am
Running on the spot.

No idea my friend,have you tried looking on the wrfu site,I know the Aussies are playing a club side on while on Tour,not sure who,think it's swansea or newport.
Worth alook on the web tho,good luck.
If you want to see a good game,try Twickers and watch the mighty England take on all comers....God who am I kidding,it's just a question of how many NZ put by us ..............isn't it
Old Oct 29th 2006, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bungle G Bear
Can't wait for their summer tour but where & how do we get our paws on tickets over here? Can't see them on ticketmaster or ticketek....

Do you know if its as regimented as in the uk, having to be a member of a rugby club to get even a sniff of getting an international ticket ?

No offence taken about shane by the way - he's that small he'll be running through the legs of the Ozzies on Saturday.
Bungle G Bear,
Would love to head down to Sydney to view the rugby, but not possible unfortunately!
Try the ARU website to get hold of tickets:

http://www.rugby.com.au/tickets__hos...age,21775.html

You should usually get tickets for the games in Aus as they are not supported as fanatically as Wales are. Especially if you are in Sydney, they rarely ever fill the the stadium there.
You can also get tickets via here for the UK based games.

Alternatively try the WRU website for tickets, but generally if you keep your eye out early you'll always get tickets.
Old Oct 31st 2006, 3:12 am
Travelling Taffy

Cheers for that ! I'll be getting in touch with them quick smart.

C'mon Wales !!

Originally Posted by owenj
Bungle G Bear,
Would love to head down to Sydney to view the rugby, but not possible unfortunately!
Try the ARU website to get hold of tickets:

http://www.rugby.com.au/tickets__hos...age,21775.html

You should usually get tickets for the games in Aus as they are not supported as fanatically as Wales are. Especially if you are in Sydney, they rarely ever fill the the stadium there.
You can also get tickets via here for the UK based games.

Alternatively try the WRU website for tickets, but generally if you keep your eye out early you'll always get tickets.